Estate Agents are Unregulated in Tanzania

Practically anyone can be an agent without even seeng a picture of a class room. But in a serious note, estate agency licences have to be issued to professional Property management firms, or expert in that filed meaning the Land management guys. So it is the lousness of the licensing authorities to allow every Tom and Dik to practice udalali.

Sir, nakusoma vizuri na nakupata labda mkuu kidogo unanisoma bila ya kunitafsiri. Mimi nilishajua utaelekea wapi from day one. One of your recent posts says it all on what you where implementing from the start. Kama ungekua unanitafsiri ungeona I already said that na sababu nimekupa huko nyuma. kitu kingine market price is not dictated, it is self regulated again based on affordability. An agent is somewhat a supplier so as the developer who has two roles producer/supplier of the market. The point hapa ambayo uiangalii kuna kitu kinaitwa 'invisible hand', if buyers where target due to their earnings none of that would have popped up. An agent is also a man who leaves on commission largely, therefore akimpata ng'ombe ujue ataenda machinjoni unfortunately; that is why they say capitalism is a ruthless beast. Its the job of the buyer to shop around and afford what is on his means. If your renting a property on the same flat and owned by a third party then. Then the owner has to state his price ceilings in the first instance. Then the agents would know their limitations on that building. Hila ukiacha freely watampata ambae yupo willing to pay ridiculous amount ndio maana nikakuambia a capitalists is an immoral individual. Sasa in most cases a tenant ambaye anakuja gundua mbona mimi nabanwa after a while kuliko wengine on the same service ndio hapo ataenda lalama kwa his/her landlord (owner of that building). Mbona mimi nimewekea bei hizi. Therefore a landlord had to make sure this doesnt happen in the first place. People dont need to go to school to learn this its called common sense. In an ideal competition watu wakijua pale jamaa ana rent bei za ajabu na kama kuna gorofa jingine karibu then you'd expect new tenants to apply in the next bloke if its cheper. Hii ndio theory behind it endapo wengi watajenga almost similar properties hapo itatokea competition. If the demand is higher prices will soar and if the demand is lower prices will fall. Lakini all this in the end will result the prices to fair almost equally in the neighbourhood depending on the demand. Also buyers have a responsibility of shopping around and comparing the prices before commiting, where there are many service providers so i still dont know how does the middle man is to blame. Unless its the same man that owns many of the buildings around and has allowed the agents to do what they wish. Then we have a problem the market wont stabilize ndio maana wenzetu wanazuia monopoly because it kills the competition, which ends up adjusting the market prices. Ndio nikakuambia its not set this is self adjustment based on the consumers wants and competition. Hii ndio role ya Western Government to make sure there is enough competition so that the market forces can regulate themselves. PS sorry hii ni ile laptop iliyokufa inter button ndio naitumia hapa.

Sir, Expert
normally i dont hate but please dont popularize this dumb kwa sababu ya lugha.

What do you mean kwa sababu ya lugha?
Hivi aka katabia ka kuongea kithungu bado mnafikiri ni ujiko kwa nyie ambao hamjarudi home kitambo? Siku hizi bongo vitoto vya chekechea vinatema lugha balaa, mambo yamebadilika ati!

[/FONT][/COLOR]

What do you mean kwa sababu ya lugha?
Hivi aka katabia ka kuongea kithungu bado mnafikiri ni ujiko kwa nyie ambao hamjarudi home kitambo? Siku hizi bongo vitoto vya chekechea vinatema lugha balaa, mambo yamebadilika ati!
again sorry to you and mashaka im going to edit it.

Sir, Expert
Soma vizuri mada zake kama we kweli umeenda shule utaona zina lawama without explained solutions. To me that is an empty head.

John Mashaka katupa challenge! Kama ni solutions zimeishatolewa nyingi sana! People have written a lot of reseaches kuhusiana na matatizo ya Tanzania, na maandiko yamefungiwa tu kwenye research na academic institutes1 ndio maana JM analalamika!

Sir, The point hapa ambayo uiangalii kuna kitu kinaitwa 'invisible hand', if buyers where target due to their earnings none of that would have popped up. An agent is also a man who leaves on commission largely, therefore akimpata ng'ombe ujue ataenda machinjoni unfortunately; that is why they say capitalism is a ruthless beast. Its the job of the buyer to shop around and afford what is on his means.

My friend, I wish you were a professional in this field!

To be successful in this business, you must have a comprehensive knowledge of your market. It is impossible to negotiate for the best price without it. You must understand property values in your respective market as well as, or better than, the parties with whom you are conducting business.

Unless unfaikiri kwamba biashara ya nyumba/viwanja ni kama biadhaa za supermarket, no negotiations!

You can use your knowledge to make sound arguments that support the price and terms you are negotiating for. By showing the other parties what similar properties are selling for, you present reasonable and logical data that will help convice them of your position.

Na hivi ndivyo the way it operates kwa hao ma-veteran wa capitalism unaowatolea mfano! Then you think the market just operates itself under the so called "market forces" and "free market". Hivi unaweza nunua suruali ya $200 wakati unajua ama hujawi kuona inauzwa zaidi ya $50? Where do your basis of negotiation come from if your haven't reasonable and logical data to convice of your position??????

If your are very familiar with both housing prices and land prices in your particular market and therefore you can be better prepared to negotiate for the best possible price.

The way madalali wanavyo-operate hapa Bongo ni too unprofessional that's why they are not sustainable in their business. Utakuta mtu ana stock ya properties, but due to lack of negotiation skills to convice the property owner, mzigo unakaa sokoni, kwani seller naye kwa kuamini ana-deal na mtaalamu, so anaamini labda kweli mteja wa property yake hajapatikana. The problem here must be the price tag which is so unwelcoming in the market.

May i repeat my words, "I wish your were a professional in this field"!

kwa nini watu wako tayari kulipia laki 5 kupanga sinza?kulipia dola 100o upanga n.k?
tukijibu maswali haya yatatusaidia kumaliza tatizo

kwa nini watu wako tayari kulipia laki 5 kupanga sinza?kulipia dola 100o upanga n.k?
tukijibu maswali haya yatatusaidia kumaliza tatizo

Mkuu, umefuatilia forum hii toka page 1?

Ndio hicho tunachijadili haswa hapa!

coming to your question, property market are mainly affected by location, location and location!

Sir Expert,

Wacha nianze na kusema yes i'm not an estate agent nor a retailer or my degree is of an economy one. By trade if I was to persue a career in employment im a much associated with Psychology, Social policies (little bit of economy understanding is essential), Sociology and Social Anthroplogy.

Since I want to venture elsewhere with my life I had to embark on an 'economy' and 'bussiness accounting' through self taught. Uzuri wa degree za ulaya ni huu hata hile the first one ni kama unajifunza mwenyewe University wapo as guidence on right theories after that its up to you to hit the books. Usomi upasi simple as that: Its not about cramming its about learning, understanding, elaborating, weighing, criticising and you proposition. Hivyo most essays though would sound similar but would somehow have different arguments.

Ukishapata hizo basics then you can learn anything you want on your own so long as you apply the criteria's of learning at things on similar subjects ukitaka kujua utajua vingi, apart from 'pure sciences and maths.

The rest if you have a GCSE's (form four bongo) its up to you what you want to do with knowledge, sasa usishangae nyumba za wazungu zimejaa vitabu au politicians ambao ni 'law graduates' wanabishana na wachumi, wanabishana na expert opinions on most fields apart from 'pure science'. Its what you do after that, if your smart you will always produce strong arguments na if your not you'll produce pumba. Degree zinatoka toka za aina tano (Honours, First, Second I, Second II, and a Third).

Anaemaliza kati ya hizo tatu za mwanzo ujue kichwa kipo regardless of the University. Na hao wengine ndio tuseme wana-limited knowledge dont expect much creativity hapo.

Turudi kwenye swali lako like I said im not an expert broker. Lakini i also know by fact ya kwamba a capitalist market is a free market. People will set price lakini at the end, market prices will adjust it self kama kuna enough competition.

Its about time uangalie laws of consumer suppliers demands. Na kwa nini wanasema market prices will end up adjusting themselves kama kuna competition. Na kwa nini wanasema hata hiyo competition, only the fittest watabaki at the end. Na mwisho kuwa na only about enough profit for suppliers to make profit.

Ndio unaona in most recession companies go burst, these people trade on thin margins. Ni kitabu kizima hicho nikikuelezea.

Sasa rudi angalia market yenu how do you suppose the government should regulate those agents. kama unaona nyumba aziuziki ndio hali halisi the prices are too high for the market. Hapo sasa unadhani what next in two three years time, wacha nikusaidie bei zitashuka zenyewe so far that is just artificial pricing aina maana kwamba kutakua amna wapangaji au wanunuzi at the moment lakini not enough to go around the market.

Your issue ni ndefu mno i suggest you learn more about economics and property ya kwenu uje na mbinu ya kui-elaborate market za huko. Kwani hata nikisema nikutafutie kitabu cha property market cha huku itakua kazi bure tu. Why, kwa sababu its economics first, na pili kitakua kinazungumzia land laws za huku, taxes zao, ambazo ni nyingi mno na zina differ na price tags kwa buyers.

Kwani huku hata buyers pay taxes on houses, Hivyo hiyo pia ina deter some people from buying, at certain price tags if its not that necessary for their needs. In short the government has to get creative na kumaliza rushwa, kwani hili ni tatizo lengine na benks kutoa responsible loans.

Ukishaweza huwa rushwa hata kwa 80% nationally then tutajua where we are economically. People will suffer for a while, many companies will close but then Tanzania itaanza kujua inaenda wapi with real targets. And the right policies vinginevyo tutajiuliza kwa nini sisi maskini miaka mia ijayo. Kama tunakwepa kanuni za maendeleo.

ndugu msitoane macho,property market kwa tanzania hatuwezi kui-regulate bila kuleta communist laws.
Tulishaingia kwenye ubepari vibaya sana,tulitakiwa tuingie kwa step sie tumeingia kichwa kichwa.
Tatizo la real estate ni moja tu,tunayo mengi makubwa zaidi,na yote hayana solution,what makes us think our government is even remotely tying to solve anything?

Bei za nyumba Dar ziko juu kwa sababu lukuki,ongezeko la gharama za vifaa,ongezeko la kodi,ongezeko la gharama za uendeshaji(umeme),ongezeko la pesa chafu kwenye mzunguko wa pesa,na kuu ukosefu wa nyumba bora kwa watu wengi.inasikitisha lakini sehemu kama Sinza,kijitonyama,mbezi,kawe,tabata ndio sehemu Pekee middle class wa Tanzania wanatakiwa kubanana,mikocheni,mbezi beach,masaki,obay ndio kwa wale ma-upper class wetu,sasa ukiangalia kwa makini,wanaolalamika kodi sio wakazi wa manzese,au buguruni,hawa kodi za nyumba bado ziko kwenye 5 figures,wanaolalalamika kodi ni wale wanaofikiria Tanzania ni developed country.wanaofikiria kulipa $1000 kwa apartment iliyoko upanga ni sifa.waache walipe shauri zao..,

Tatizo la real Esrare kwa sasa hii ni tatizo la middle class,na upper class,linasababishwa na hawa ma middle class kusahau kuendeleza low class Tanzania,kazi kwao sasa..,

Kama uswahilini kungekuwa kunakalika,kuna usalama,kuna umeme,kuna maji,watu wasingelipa $1000 kukaa upanga appartment ya vyumba viwili,dar sio mji mkubwa kihivyo hakuna umbali wowote kati ya Manzese na Upanga lakini tazama Gulf in prices!siku wakiwekka huduma sawa kila sehemu then ndio tutaweza kuweka regulations.siku wakitatua tatizo la foleni kwa wakazi wa mbezi ndio bubble litapasuka,
Siku watakapojenga Express High ways kwenda kinyerezi,kipawa Etc,ndio tutaona watu wakilipia nyumba kwa kufuata thamani halisi ya nyumba.kwa sasa the equation is just too complex.mwingine yuko tayari kulipia laki 5 sinza ilikuepuka fedheha ya kukaa tegeta na kuamka saa 10 kila siku!sasa kungekuwa na express way to Tegeta kodi sinza zingekuwa laki 5 kwa mwezi?i don't think so..,

Kimweri nimekuelewa na nashukru sana kwa ufafanuzi mzuri;, lakinije bei ya ardhi tupu inatokana na nini? Yaani bei ya ardhi tupu Tanzania ni zaidi ya bei nyumba moja ya vyumba vitatu na vyoo viwiwli kwenye jiji la Houston Marekani.

Kimweri nimekuelewa na nashukru sana kwa ufafanuzi mzuri;, lakinije bei ya ardhi tupu inatokana na nini? Yaani bei ya ardhi tupu Tanzania ni zaidi ya bei nyumba moja ya vyumba vitatu na vyoo viwiwli kwenye jiji la Houston Marekani.

Miaka michache iliyopita niliona ripoti ya miji ambayo ina gharama za juu za maiisha duniani. Dar ilikuwa ya pili baada ya Tokyo. Nilishangaa sana lakini nikaamua kufanya utafiti wangu mwenyewe. Nilipokuwa Dar nikapita katika baadhi ya hotel kubwa na kuchukua bei za vyumba, vyakula na vinywaji. Nikafanya comparison na miji kama London, Paris, New York na Toronto. Cha kushangaza katika bei za vyumba, vyakula na vinywaji Dar iliongoza kote huko kwa kuwa na bei za juu mno kuliko katika majiji hayo mengine. Nilishangaa sana lakini nilithibitisha ile ripoti iliyoiweka Dar kama mji wa pili kwa gharama kubwa duniani ilikuwa ni kweli kabisa.

Bei ya ardhi Tupu tanzania, ni matokeo ya bei za nyumba na bei za kodi za nyumba.
bei ya Ardhi Tupu ni matokeo ya Rushwa iliyobobea kwenye jamii yetu.
Ukiangalia tathmini za Wizara ya ardhi wakati wa ukaguzi wa ardhi vitu vingi viko wazi,mfano Mnazi watakuambia una thamani ya laki 2,muembe laki 3 n.k,mwisho wa siku wastani wa hekari moja ya ardhi tupu ni kati ya milioni moja hadi 2.

sasa Tatizo linaanzia hapo hapo kwenye maafisa wa wizara ya Ardhi,wao huweka tathmini za uongo ili wapate cha juu.

Mfano wale wanaopitiwaga na bomoa bomoa za serikali,wako tayari kuhonga maafisa wa wizara ili Ardhi zao zipandishwe thamani,kwa hiyo kama ardhi ilikuwa na thamani ya milioni 3 inaandikwa 20.kwa sababu mlipaji hafanyiwi auditing yoyote ya maana liwalo na liwe.

Nikitazama mashamba ya milioni 200,huwa najiuliza kodi wanalipia kwa kufuata thamani wanazouza?kununua?

ifike wakati manunuzi na mauzo yote ya Ardhi na nyumba yapitie mamlaka husika,kama vile tunavyouziana magari ili kudhibiti upangaji hovyo wa bei...,then again that is downright Communism.

There is something very saddening going on in Tanzania now,someone has successfully convinced Tanzanians that having Vogues,Ferraris,staying in $1000 dollar "apartment" is development.if they go down that path they live a better life..,

The same person have also successfully convinced Tanzanians that Modern Roads,Good Hospitals,Proper Medical Care,Good Education systems, are luxuries of the west..,we are so poor to afford them now!!we are still a developing country..,

Me always think something is terribly wrong with our country..,Man years ago When i read Kusadikika my young brain told itself,"this author is so imaginative,how can a country be so chaotic!!"
now i understand how deep visioned the fella was,and i feel so sad for being in KUSADIKIKA.

Miaka michache iliyopita niliona ripoti ya miji ambayo ina gharama za juu za maiisha duniani. Dar ilikuwa ya pili baada ya Tokyo. Nilishangaa sana lakini nikaamua kufanya utafiti wangu mwenyewe. Nilipokuwa Dar nikapita katika baadhi ya hotel kubwa na kuchukua bei za vyumba, vyakula na vinywaji. Nikafanya comparison na miji kama London, Paris, New York na Toronto. Cha kushangaza katika bei za vyumba, vyakula na vinywaji Dar iliongoza kote huko kwa kuwa na bei za juu mno kuliko katika majiji hayo mengine. Nilishangaa sana lakini nilithibitisha ile ripoti iliyoiweka Dar kama mji wa pili kwa gharama kubwa duniani ilikuwa ni kweli kabisa.

It is very sad..,moreover Dar is unquestionably a very big Town!!NOT a city by any standard..,at least not a city in the same league as Tokyo or London.

Narudia Tena.ni nani aliyewaambia watanzania KULIPIA vitu kwa GHARAMA KUBWA ndio maendeleo??

sasa hivi imekuwa kama sifa kukaa nyumba ya bei ghali,kusomesha mtoto shule ya mamilioni,kuvaa nguo za malaki?what is wrong with middle class ya hiki kinchi??

It is very sad..,moreover Dar is unquestionably a very big Town!!NOT a city by any standard..,at least not a city in the same league as Tokyo or London.

Narudia Tena.ni nani aliyewaambia watanzania KULIPIA vitu kwa GHARAMA KUBWA ndio maendeleo??

sasa hivi imekuwa kama sifa kukaa nyumba ya bei ghali,kusomesha mtoto shule ya mamilioni,kuvaa nguo za malaki?what is wrong with middle class ya hiki kinchi??

Tatizo ni kwamba hamna middle class in the real sense of the word, watu wamepigania miaka lukuki ili tuwe a classless society, matokeo yake ndiyo ushamba huu.

Kama alivyosema Kibra, tulikuwa tunagawana umasikini.

Sasa masikini akipata kalio hulia mbwata.

For sure!
A good service is a post paid one!

I agree with you on this one. Pre-paid and/or Post-paid the point here is to have several options available and leave the end-consumer select the one which best suit him/her. While everyone can afford annual rent but many of the people can afford but through part payment or installment. What is important here is to have a regulatory authority come in place then rental services for landlords can be on annual, two years basis or more and allow for renewal at the end of tenancy period. Postpaid on monthly basis simply means that you pay come end of the month and in most cases you will have agreed on the lease on which date you would like to pay our monthly rental. Mheshimiwa....is this still not a service for the benefit of the end-consumer or end user?

Sir Kimweri, Mkuu nimekusoma na nimekupata sana, na asante sana kwa msaada wako mkubwa. Hila ngojea niseme kitu kimoja tukiweza kukamata majambazi wote hapo dar; wengi hawatakua na sababu za kuzungushia ukuta wala kuweka walinzi magetini mwao. Its point less especially hao walinzi wangekua ni hasara tu kuwalipa. Point hapa ni hivi uwezi ukaweka ideal scenario kwenye situation uliyo nayo. Hii ndio ukweli wa kimaisha, unadili na fact zilizopo. Ntajaribu kufipisha hii post kwa kuwa sina enter button hapa kwenye hii laptop hila kuna kuna baadhi ya vitu ningependa majibu yako. Mfano kwani anaenunua shirt la designer au hawa ma-celebrity ambao wananunua expensive wear only for high street retailers to imitate the design for cheaper kuna kasoro gani hawa celebrities kurudia kununua tena kwa ma-designer wakati cheap copies zimejaa tayari high street? au hii nayo utaiita sifa. Pili umesema serikali au unaona wewe ni only through command laws ndio hii situation can be sorted how? Na mwisho au does the middle class somehow responsibe, kwanza are we a rigid class society and how do they come contribute with the proplem at hand.

Sir Expert,

Wacha nianze na kusema yes i'm not an estate agent nor a retailer or my degree is of an economy one. By trade if I was to persue a career in employment im a much associated with Psychology, Social policies (little bit of economy understanding is essential), Sociology and Social Anthroplogy.

Since I want to venture elsewhere with my life I had to embark on an 'economy' and 'bussiness accounting' through self taught. Uzuri wa degree za ulaya ni huu hata hile the first one ni kama unajifunza mwenyewe University wapo as guidence on right theories after that its up to you to hit the books. Usomi upasi simple as that: Its not about cramming its about learning, understanding, elaborating, weighing, criticising and you proposition. Hivyo most essays though would sound similar but would somehow have different arguments.

Ukishapata hizo basics then you can learn anything you want on your own so long as you apply the criteria's of learning at things on similar subjects ukitaka kujua utajua vingi, apart from 'pure sciences and maths.

The rest if you have a GCSE's (form four bongo) its up to you what you want to do with knowledge, sasa usishangae nyumba za wazungu zimejaa vitabu au politicians ambao ni 'law graduates' wanabishana na wachumi, wanabishana na expert opinions on most fields apart from 'pure science'. Its what you do after that, if your smart you will always produce strong arguments na if your not you'll produce pumba. Degree zinatoka toka za aina tano (Honours, First, Second I, Second II, and a Third).

Anaemaliza kati ya hizo tatu za mwanzo ujue kichwa kipo regardless of the University. Na hao wengine ndio tuseme wana-limited knowledge dont expect much creativity hapo.

Turudi kwenye swali lako like I said im not an expert broker. Lakini i also know by fact ya kwamba a capitalist market is a free market. People will set price lakini at the end, market prices will adjust it self kama kuna enough competition.

Its about time uangalie laws of consumer suppliers demands. Na kwa nini wanasema market prices will end up adjusting themselves kama kuna competition. Na kwa nini wanasema hata hiyo competition, only the fittest watabaki at the end. Na mwisho kuwa na only about enough profit for suppliers to make profit.

Ndio unaona in most recession companies go burst, these people trade on thin margins. Ni kitabu kizima hicho nikikuelezea.

Sasa rudi angalia market yenu how do you suppose the government should regulate those agents. kama unaona nyumba aziuziki ndio hali halisi the prices are too high for the market. Hapo sasa unadhani what next in two three years time, wacha nikusaidie bei zitashuka zenyewe so far that is just artificial pricing aina maana kwamba kutakua amna wapangaji au wanunuzi at the moment lakini not enough to go around the market.

Your issue ni ndefu mno i suggest you learn more about economics and property ya kwenu uje na mbinu ya kui-elaborate market za huko. Kwani hata nikisema nikutafutie kitabu cha property market cha huku itakua kazi bure tu. Why, kwa sababu its economics first, na pili kitakua kinazungumzia land laws za huku, taxes zao, ambazo ni nyingi mno na zina differ na price tags kwa buyers.

Kwani huku hata buyers pay taxes on houses, Hivyo hiyo pia ina deter some people from buying, at certain price tags if its not that necessary for their needs. In short the government has to get creative na kumaliza rushwa, kwani hili ni tatizo lengine na benks kutoa responsible loans.

Ukishaweza huwa rushwa hata kwa 80% nationally then tutajua where we are economically. People will suffer for a while, many companies will close but then Tanzania itaanza kujua inaenda wapi with real targets. And the right policies vinginevyo tutajiuliza kwa nini sisi maskini miaka mia ijayo. Kama tunakwepa kanuni za maendeleo.

Juma Contena!

I completly fail to understand the way you judge people, just like it happened to Comred John Mashaka!

I've studied Economics since in secondary school and my Bsc in Real Estate Economics is very unfortunately outside African Universities to give you a benefit of doubt! The principles of ecomonics are therefore at my finger tips. Unless you are talking of advanced economics like econometrics and the like!

Nevertheless, I completly give you a cold shoulder on that Tanzanian Univesrities are not providing quality education. We have witnessed a lot of Tz people holding international posts with local degrees obtained from Tz, and they have been sometimes beating the WaTHUNGU badly on interview.

So usibeze vyuo ya nyumbani mzee!

If you noted in my arguments, I am trying to superimpose in our Tanzanian ecenomy how real estate market is practised elsewhere due to my experience outside there!

Kindly if you can also come back to build your nation!

Back
Top Bottom