Does Marijuana smoking really cause cancer?

Mr What

JF-Expert Member
Oct 22, 2016
A lot people smoke marijuana in some countries it's legalised and in some countries it's not. Marijuana contains 50 percent more chemicals linked to lung cancer than tobacco. A marijuana cigarette is packed less densely than tobacco cigarette, which allow more particles to reach the lungs . Also marijuana smokers inhale and hold smoke in their lungs longer than cigarette smokers.

With that being pointed you woulf be surprised at the turnover. Cancer researchers from UCLA found that even the heaviest marijuana smokers didn't have increased risk of lung cancer. Conversely they found that people who smoked two or more packs a day of cigarettes increased their risk of diseases by 20 times. Lung cancer is one of the cause of cancer related death and is stongly linked to cigarette smoking.

They further Pointed that marijuana smoke also contains cancer causing chemcials, chronic pot smokers would have an increased risk of the disease. THC in marijuana and nicotine in tobacco counteract each other. THC blocks enzymes that promote cancer development.

Nicotine other hand generates free radicals and blood vessel growth that promote lung cancer, while marijuana prevents it. Cannabinoids decreases the inflammatory response to inhaled smoke.

It's interesting to see the different perspectives on smoking marijuana and the potential health risks. While it's true that marijuana smoke contains more chemicals linked to lung cancer than tobacco smoke, some studies suggest that marijuana may not be as harmful to the lungs as tobacco. The UCLA study you mentioned is one example. However, it's important to note that smoking anything can have negative effects on the lungs and overall health. For those who want to experience the benefits of marijuana without smoking, there are other methods, such as edibles or CBD products. Have you heard about the best CBD for relief? Btw, there's an interesting article about it on mindbodygreen.com. You may check it out.

This study you shared is really interesting and provides valuable insights into the potential benefits of smoking weed. It's reassuring to learn that heavy marijuana smokers didn't show an increased risk of lung cancer compared to cigarette smokers. I personally found this information timely as I'm actually in the process of quitting smoking and looking for safer alternatives. Exploring different consumption methods or considering other forms of marijuana use might be a good option for me. It's crucial to prioritize our lung health while still enjoying the potential benefits that marijuana can offer.

That's really interesting information, and I appreciate your concern about the negative consequences of smoking. It's important to explore alternative methods that can be less harmful. Personally, I recently discovered vaping, and it has been a great alternative for me, including when it comes to weed. Plus, I stumbled upon a wonderful resource, Weed Vaporizer Sitemap, which offers a wide range of high-quality vape products specifically designed for smoking weed. They have an impressive selection, and I've personally found great pleasure in using their products. It's interesting to explore different options for enjoying weed.

I agree that vaping is a much better alternative to smoking, but to be honest, I don't have any problems smoking weed as well, it's a great way to relax. Most of the time, I order disposable e-cigarettes from utopian.ch, and it helps me cope with stress. Also, I started smoking way less, and my overall condition has improved.

I've never tried disposable e-cigarettes, but I believe that for some people, it can be a good alternative. Personally, I prefer to use concentrates, and thanks to smokefox.com/ , I managed to find a high-quality dab rig. Now I don't have any problems with getting the best cannabis experience, and I don't even plan to turn to something else.

I used to smoke weed because it was what my friends did, and I thought it was safer than smoking cigarettes. But then I started reading up on it and got worried about the health risks, like whether it can cause cancer. That's why I decided to stop smoking it.

I switched to vaping because it seemed safer and it's cheaper. Now, I get my vapes from this place called nexussmoke. They have lots of different flavours and are not too expensive, like $15 for one. My favourite is Strawberry Banana because it tastes good and feels smoother than smoking. Vaping has been a good choice, especially for my health and saving money.

It's true that marijuana smoke contains some of the same harmful chemicals found in tobacco smoke, and I get why that might raise concerns about cancer risk. I found it interesting that despite marijuana containing more of these chemicals, studies like the one from UCLA suggest that heavy marijuana smokers don't seem to face the same increased risk of lung cancer that heavy cigarette smokers do. That's pretty surprising, right? I'm not dismissing the potential risks altogether. Chronic marijuana smoking could still pose health concerns, especially when it comes to long-term use. And sure, there are qualifying conditions for medical cannabis prescriptions in the UK, highlighting its potential therapeutic benefits. It's just that we need more robust research to fully understand the implications.

Back
Top Bottom