Coast Region workers living in Dar recalled

BabuK

JF-Expert Member
Jul 30, 2008
The government has instructed all Coast Region and district workers living in Dar es Salaam to immediately move back in order to reduce operational costs and report early at work places.
The order was given by the Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office, Regional Administration and Local Government, George Mkuchika yesterday.
Mkuchika who was closing Pwani Youth Centre of Excellence (PYCE) at Msoga village in Bagamoyo District on behalf of Prime Minister Mizengo Pinda, gave the workers until April 1 to shift.
“I am grateful today to meet with most of the regional workers here, an opportunity that I have been looking for long time now. I want to tell you that you are doing wrong to live out of Coast Region. As a result you fail to report for work punctually. It is also sad to learn that you sign off early too in order to avoid traffic congestion especially for those who live in Dar es Salaam.
As a result you don’t work according to the set schedule,” he said, adding: “Please listen to me carefully. I am a soldier and it is fortunate that I have the list of workers who do not live in Coast Region.
I am instructing that those living outside the region should move back and live within the region before April 1, this year. There is no joke in this although the deadline will be the ‘Fool’s Day.’
The minister said many workers in Coast Region’s districts of Kibaha, Kisarawe, Mkuranga and Bagamoyo as well as Kibaha town council do not live within their districts, save for Mafia and Rufiji. Many live in Dar es Salaam, he noted.
Government workers in Mafia and Rufiji fail to live in Dar es Salaam because of the long distance between the city and the districts for geographical reasons. Mafia is a group of islands in the Indian Ocean.
He said government workers in those districts always use public funds to buy fuel to drive between their workplaces and homes, a violation of the set rules. Often some fail to report at their offices when it rains, he said.
“I have learnt that some of you failed to report at you workplaces during the recent heavy rains in Dar es Salaam. As a result your offices remained closed, affecting services to the public,” he observed.
Reports from district councils have shown that most of the districts have built at least ten new workers’ houses which remain unoccupied.
Kisarawe District Council has built ten houses for government workers at the cost of 300m/- at Kibong’wa area, but they remain vacant because of lack of electricity and water.

SOURCE: THE GUARDIAN

The government has instructed all Coast Region and district workers living in Dar es Salaam to immediately move back in order to reduce operational costs and report early at work places.
The order was given by the Minister of State in the Prime Minister's Office, Regional Administration and Local Government, George Mkuchika yesterday.
Mkuchika who was closing Pwani Youth Centre of Excellence (PYCE) at Msoga village in Bagamoyo District on behalf of Prime Minister Mizengo Pinda, gave the workers until April 1 to shift.

SOURCE: THE GUARDIAN

hawa wasaidizi wa JK vituko kila kukicha, unaendesha offisi kutokea vijiweni? ningekuwa mimi si relocate bila kupewa barua napengine kuhakikishiwa makazi. Kwa nini hii serikali ya JK inaendeshwa kwa porojo porojo?

Tusimshangae sana, ndio aina ya mawaziri wa sasa.
Sheria za kazi zipo -unatakiwa kuripoti kazini saa fulani na kutoka kazini saa fulani. Mfanyakazi asipofanya hivyo kuna taratibu za onyo, onyo kali nk. kwanini hazifuatwi? Suala la mfanyakazi anaishi dsm au chalinze na anafanya kazi kibaha si la msingi labda kwa wale ambao ni entitled kupata nyumba na umewapa nyumba hapo kibaha, (nyumba zenyewe mlishajiuzia) lakini hao wanaojitafutia utawalazimishaje wakae unapotaka wewe? au waziri ana nyumba za kupangisha kibaha? Waziri anazungumzia mafuriko ya dsm kuwa yalisababisha ofisi nyingine kufungwa, Mimi niliwahi kufanya kazi Rufiji, wakati wa mafuriko kutoka Mkongo hadi Utete unatumia masaa 6 na hiyo ni within the same district - atasemaje kwa hilo? Mafuriko ni dharura na janga ambalo halikutarajiwa.
Anasema Kisarawe wamejenga nyumba lakini hakuna anayeishi kwa ukosefu wa maji na umeme, si kwa sababu wafanyakazi wanaishi dar! Ebu weka umeme na maji uone kama zitakuwa tupu.
Kuna wafanyakazi wameolewa na wanaume wanaofanya kazi dar, je wakiomba uhamisho kuwafuata waume zao watapata nafasi? Je waziri haoni kuwa kwa pwani kuwa karibu na dsm kumepunguza adha ya tatizo kama hilo?
AGIZO HILI LINASHABIHIANA NA LILE LA KUTOUZA MAFUTA KWENYE VIDUMU - Tumieni bongo zenu kufikiri!
Katika nchi nyingine mtu anaishi morogoro au hata dodoma na kufanya kazi dar na anawahi kwani miundo mbinu inaruhusu. Tusinde mbali, kenya wamejenga ile super highway ya thika, waziri anajua ni kilometa ngapi toka thika hadi nairobi? watu wanaishi thika na kufanya kazi nairobi and vice versa, over 50 km, Sisi tumejaa ufisadi tu.

hawa wasaidizi wa JK vituko kila kukicha, unaendesha offisi kutokea vijiweni? ningekuwa mimi si relocate bila kupewa barua napengine kuhakikishiwa makazi. Kwa nini hii serikali ya JK inaendeshwa kwa porojo porojo?

lakini swala barua sio walikwishapewa wakati wa kuajiriiwa ama kuapangiwa ofisi?

Back
Top Bottom