Carlos quit threat after racist attack

njiwa

JF-Expert Member
Apr 16, 2009
ROBERTO CARLOS has demanded action from football chiefs after being victim of another racist attack in Russia.The Brazil legend had helped his team Anzhi Makhachkala build a 3-0 lead over Krylya Sovetov in midweek when a banana was thrown at him from the stands. An emotional Carlos stopped playing and tossed the banana to the side of the pitch before heading for the touchline.

Fighting tears and an appeal from the referee, he refused to continue playing and sat on the bench with his team-mates.

Speaking after the game, he said: "I'm outraged by the sickening behavior of this fan, who, in fact, insulted not only me but all the players.
"I hope the Russian federation, UEFA and FIFA will give an adequate evaluation to this disgusting incident."
Zenit St Petersburg were hit with a fine in March after one of their supporters was seen offering a banana to the World Cup-winning left-back before a match.

After this latest incident Carlos revealed he not only wanted to leave the pitch imemdiately, he also considered quitting.
He added: "Stop playing was what went through my mind, yes.
"I have decided that I will stay but if something like this happens again I will have to make a decision.
"You know when that sadness hits, that feeling of being powerless? I left there sad, hurt.
"So many kids there. That has to be banned from football.
'When I got to the locker rooms the guys hugged me and sang for me. It was a very interesting thing. The guys on the team really like me."

Read more: Banana thrown in racist attack at Brazil legend Roberto Carlos | The Sun |Sport|Football

see video

[video]http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/video/sport/football/3657268/Banana-thrown-at-Roberto-Carlos.html[/video]

Nimependa hii COMMENT:
Spursnyc
Disgraceful behavior. These mugs should be GRATEFUL everyday that a player of Roberto's caliber and legacy even BOTHERS to play in their inferior league.

And this is the country FIFA awarded the World Cup to? I can only imagine what the world will be witnessing in 7 years time, if this country doesn't clean up it's act.

Hii Mirusi sijui hata WC ikifanyika huko, nini kitatokea maana jamaa ni Wakorofi haswaa na ushamba kibao. Wanaiga kila kitu kinachofanyika West ila wao wamechelewa sanasana. Ngoja waanze kula faini za nguvu nan adhabu kwenye timu zao ndiyo watajua machungu na kuanza kuweka ulinzi wa kutosha. R Carlos kilio chake, lazima Pelle atasikia na hivyo FIFA kufuatilia na hata kutoa kitisho kwa Warusi kuwa wanaweza kunyang'anywa WC miaka 7 ijayo.

mkuu sijui kombe la dunia itakuwaje jamaa walivyo wabaguzi.. we acha tu