Biashara ya Utumwa Kumbe Bado ipo!

Power G

JF-Expert Member
Apr 20, 2011
Two Indian workers promised construction work in Saudi Arabia but sold as slaves to a camel farm owner are languishing without food in the desert there, say their family members in Tamil Nadu.
A. Muniasamy, 45, hailing from Ramanathapuram district and 44-year-old Jagabir Ali from Nagapattinam district have been stuck on a camel farm for the past three months with an expired visa.

"They are also being tortured, with no medication for their wounds. The farm is located in a remote place with the sea on one side and the desert on the other. The nearest market is around 50 km away from the farm," G. Subramanian, executive director of Manitham, a human rights organisation told IANS.

Manitham has taken up the issue of the two Indians with the Indian embassy in Saudi Arabia.
Speaking to IANS over phone, Prabhavathi, Muniasamy's wife said: "I spoke to my husband a couple of days back. He said that food was a problem. We came to know that he had been sold to a camel farm owner soon after he went to Saudi Arabia."

"I have bought you. And I cannot send you back to India. This is what the camel farm owner had told my husband," Prabhavathi, mother of two said in a choking voice.

She said Muniasamy had worked abroad prior to their marriage and this is the first time he was cheated.
Subramanian said he got the information about the two Indian workers slaving it out in Saudi Arabia around 15 days back.

Source: Indo Asian News Service

My take:- Vijana wa tz wenye mawazo ya kuzamia, jaribuni kuchukua tahadhari kubwa msije kukumbwa na hayo ya kuuzwa utumwani bila wenyewe kujijua.

Tayari hata Mwanza Tanzania kuna kesi ya namna hii. Jamaa zetu walichukuliwa kama mafundi kwenda huko Uarabuni, kufika kule wakageuziwa kibao. Kesi iko mahakamani inaunguruma sasa hivi.Tahadhari,majuu si salama kama unaenda kichwa kichwa.

Tayari hata Mwanza Tanzania kuna kesi ya namna hii. Jamaa zetu walichukuliwa kama mafundi kwenda huko Uarabuni, kufika kule wakageuziwa kibao. Kesi iko mahakamani inaunguruma sasa hivi.Tahadhari,majuu si salama kama unaenda kichwa kichwa.
He! na watz vile vile!

Back
Top Bottom