Baraza: No retreat, no surrender

ByaseL

JF-Expert Member
Nov 22, 2007
Embattled Deputy Chief Justice Nancy Baraza on Sunday broke her silence and said she was ready to face the tribunal that will be set up to investigate her conduct.
Speaking for the first time since she was accused of assaulting and threatening a Village Market security guard, Ms Rebecca Kerubo, Lady Justice Baraza said she welcomes and respects the decision of the Judicial Service Commission (JSC).

On Friday, the JSC recommended her suspension over the allegations levelled against her.

The commission asked President Kibaki to appoint a tribunal to investigate her conduct in line with Article 168 (4) of the Constitution.

On Sunday, in a telephone interview with the Nation, Ms Baraza said she had not misbehaved.

“I want to go through the due process so that my side of the story can come out,” she said.

The Deputy CJ said she needed to be left alone so that she can prepare for the tribunal. She has retained lawyers George Oraro, Chacha Odera and Cyprian Wekesa to act for her on the matter.
“My case is in the able hands of lawyers and people should leave me alone,” she said.
After receiving a report from the JSC committee established to investigate the matter, Chief Justice Willy Mutunga announced that the commission will send a petition to the President with a view of suspending Ms Baraza as judge and deputy president of the Supreme Court and to appoint a tribunal to investigate her conduct.

Mara nyingi Kenya wamekuwa mbele yetu kwenye mambo mengi ya kidemokrasia, Hapa kwetu yupo
jaji aliua mtu kwa uzembe wa kuendesha gari, hatujasikia hatua madhubuti za kisheria, kwamba kila mtu awe sawa
mbele ya sheria ni jambo lisilowezekana Tanzania. TUSUBIRI TUONE SHERIA IKIFUATA MKONDO, JE MAHAKIMU WA KENYA
WANAUBAVU WA KUISIKILIZA KESI DHIDI YA BOSI WAO???

Back
Top Bottom