Bank accounts to be compulsory for all Kenyans over 18 years!

Kama umesoma kwa makini post yangu nimeeleza vizuri kabisa kuwa kuna tofauti kati ya mada (topic) kwa maana mjadala na mada kwa maana ya kudharau. Kwa mtamazo wangu mada za siku za karibuni ni zaidi ya mjadala. Zimebeba harufu ya madharau. International forum ni sub-forum ya Jamii forums ambayo ni ya kitanzania. Na nilihoji kama kwenye forum za Kenya watanzania wanaleta huu upuuzi unaoetwa hapa? Inawezekna nikawa na fikra duni kama ulivyopendekeza but you dont need to be a brain surgen kuona kiherehere kilichojaa kwenye hizi mada za hao watu niliotaja.

Tanzania tuna matatizo yetu kama nchi, but we dont need anyone to luctures on that and certainly not a self-praising matonya.

Point ya kwanza. International forum soma maamkuzi yake "African & International Bloggers' home. Politics, Economics & News in General. Let's exchange our views on matters arising in this globe!"

Maybe I am interpretting it wron but that is a welcome to International blogggers (Including africans) to discuss matters politics, economics and news in general. Ninavolelewa hata wakenya basi wamekaribishwa. Na kama ingekuwa tofauti basi naamini mods angekuwa ashazifunga posts zao.

Point ya upuuzi, sijui niseme nini. Hayo ni maoni yako wewe, kwa wengine naona wanachangia, na sidhani wakuu hapa JF ni watu ambao wanaweza kupoteza muda wao kuchangia posts za kipuzi.

Point ya kuwa lectured by outsiders, I have very strong opinions on people who take this stand (but I wont go there). An outsider pointing out tatizo fulani is a welcome act in my books, sometimes it takes an outsider to see the bigger picture. It is an accepted fact all over the world, it the reason why scientists have peer reviews,
politicians have debates (I know there is still a lot to be done on that front) and many more.

We understand the importance of opinions other than ours, whether positive or negative, it is how we grow as a people. Otherwise we are bound to perish in our own ignorance.

Understand though that, by no means am I saying that you should agree with all that is said, or you should even accept it. But by no means should you bury your head behind a border and refuse outside input. No. I am saying listen observe, debate, form an opinion then decide whether to drop it or not but do not close yourself to ideas just by the mare fact they come from an outsider.

So I guess you think bagamoyo's comments are overflowing with ukarimu....

Regarding your question, I dont know about Tanzania but in Kenya teenagers do not wait to reach 18 years of age before they start using money. A majority of children from as young as 5 will be given money to buy lunch at school, supplies, and are actively involved in commerce. Based on what I have read these accounts will be free and linked to a secure debit card.

Once you are 18 in Kenya, you are required to have an ID card and I presume when applying for the ID card you will also have the chance to open an account with the bank of your choice and financial management will be taught in school. A great forward thinking policy!

Mwembetayari,
M-PESA imefanikiwa sana Kenya kwa vile Banking sector nchini Kenya imefeli kuwapatia huduma watu masikini -
Thus from that standpoint, the development(M-PESA) may be seen as a negative indication of the failure of Kenya's banking system to be inclusive as well as the avoidance of the hassles of travelling to deliver money. Source & read more allAfrica.com: Kenya: Benefits of Mobile Money Transfer Trickle Down to Rural Folk

Safaricom/mobile phone company imezipiku Benki za Kenya, hivyo hii lobbying ya Mabenki kutaka serikali ya Kenya kupitisha sheria ya ulazima wa akaunti za benki ni kutaka kuzuia anguko la mabenki huko Kenya, lakini wakati haupo tena kwa mabenki ya Kenya kunyakua biashara ya dizaini ya M-PESA.

Marekani/Uingereza na nchi zingine za dunia ya kwanza biashara za dizaini ya M-PESA hazijafanikiwa sana kwa vile huduma za kibenki ni 'inclusive' kwa kiasi kikubwa ktk suala la money transfer kutokana na miundo-mbinu(miundo-msingi) bora zaidi ya kibenki(credit cards/ bank accounts/debit cards/ ATMs/ secure online transactions e.t.c) kuliko kama nchi za kiafrika mfano Kenya (Turkana).

Ndiyo maana zoezi hili la ma-lobbyist wa mabenki Kenya kulazimisha kuanzishwaji wa akaunti kuwa lazima kisheria litafeli.

Ndoto/njozi nzuri lakini ni vigumu kufanikiwa ndani ya miaka 50 (hamsini,) ijayo.( sababu future is unknown ndiyo maana nimeweka miaka 50 ingawa yaweza kuwa miaka 1,000)

So these accounts are going to be free?

How will this be enforced?

If you are caught without an account will you be jailed, fined, both?

How much did the banks pay out in bribes to get these politicians to come up with this?

So many questions...

So these accounts are going to be free?

How will this be enforced?

If you are caught without an account will you be jailed, fined, both?

How much did the banks pay out in bribes to get these politicians to come up with this?

So many questions...

take it to be a CV and that you must include it in your profile. No jail terms per se but u need it to transanct business with GoK. You lack it, you are overlooked.

Mwembetayari,
M-PESA imefanikiwa sana Kenya kwa vile Banking sector nchini Kenya imefeli kuwapatia huduma watu masikini -

Safaricom/mobile phone company imezipiku Benki za Kenya, hivyo hii lobbying ya Mabenki kutaka serikali ya Kenya kupitisha sheria ya ulazima wa akaunti za benki ni kutaka kuzuia anguko la mabenki huko Kenya, lakini wakati haupo tena kwa mabenki ya Kenya kunyakua biashara ya dizaini ya M-PESA.

Marekani/Uingereza na nchi zingine za dunia ya kwanza biashara za dizaini ya M-PESA hazijafanikiwa sana kwa vile huduma za kibenki ni 'inclusive' kwa kiasi kikubwa ktk suala la money transfer kutokana na miundo-mbinu(miundo-msingi) bora zaidi ya kibenki(credit cards/ bank accounts/debit cards/ ATMs/ secure online transactions e.t.c) kuliko kama nchi za kiafrika mfano Kenya (Turkana).

Ndiyo maana zoezi hili la ma-lobbyist wa mabenki Kenya kulazimisha kuanzishwaji wa akaunti kuwa lazima kisheria litafeli.

Ndoto/njozi nzuri lakini ni vigumu kufanikiwa ndani ya miaka 50 (hamsini,) ijayo.( sababu future is unknown ndiyo maana nimeweka miaka 50 ingawa yaweza kuwa miaka 1,000)

Mpesa has been successful because the banks had poor penetration and it is relatively easier and hassle free to deploy.

I have lived in both the UK and the US mobile money is still a myth. Google wallet is only being introduced this year. Mobile money does not have to work for the US or the UK for it to be successful in Kenya. We dont follow the lead we act!

What lobbyist are you talking about. If you understood the basic functions of a bank then you would not be blabbering on about banking! Banking is important to every economy and I know you hope we will subscribe to the same defeatist attitude that you have but I assure you Kenya is not Tanzania. Like I said before, this might be hard in Tanzania where 82% live under $1.25 per day but it is applicable in Kenya where that number stands at 19%.

Again look at banking as a means or medium of trade. How hard is it for you to grasp that. economics or finance 101! So unless you know something all economists and financial experts do not know please stand back and learn.

Percentage of People with bank account in sub saharan Africa

africa2figure1.jpg

Ndoto zingine huko Kenya zinatia mashaka, mbona Marekani, Uingereza n.k watu wengi tu hawana akaunti na ndiko mabenki yalikoanzia! Hivi huko Turkana kuna umuhimu wa akaunti kweli?

Acha uongo huu
Tena hizo nchi ndio wananchi wote wana accounts na ukifanya kazi yoyote, malipo ni kupitia benk account yako.

Ndoto zingine huko Kenya zinatia mashaka, mbona Marekani, Uingereza n.k watu wengi tu hawana akaunti na ndiko mabenki yalikoanzia! Hivi huko Turkana kuna umuhimu wa akaunti kweli?

Oozing ignorance at best!! If you have never left the confines of TZ, kindly stop spewing your meagre understanding of the worlds beyond your precincts:tape2:

I still dont get how I am interrupting you seeing that we are in different locations and you have to type what you want, when you want and how you want. Enough side shows, I stand my ground.

She has just been Lawyered.. you are handling them well sir, they'll have to think twice before trashing everything Kenyan.

Hivi ni Forum gani za Wakenya ambazo ni mashuhuri? Naijua Mashada tuu, ambayo huko ukabila ndio staple food.

kuna nyingi sana kama rcbowen,nipate,wazua,jukwaa,kenyalist,kumekucha na kadhalika naomba ujiunge na moja kati ya hizo lakini nakuonya vikali lazima uwe mwerevu sana huko kazi ipo, wote ni ma graduate wa vyo vikuu na kwenda juu hutampata yeyote wa darasa la saba.

She has just been Lawyered.. you are handling them well sir, they'll have to think twice before trashing everything Kenyan.

Mkuu Smatta, that's a surprise considering that I have known you to debate topics rationally. At no time Did I trash the topic at hand, infact I thought it was very clear as to where I differ with "Mwembetayari". It is on the "Mandating" part.

I even go as far as explaining the advantages it has and how in my opinion it would be best implemented.

I completely agree with you. It would have one thing to for the government to say that anyone receiving any government help such as HELB and others must have a bank account for the government to deposit. I would make sense, it encourages accountability, traceability and also streamlines the process.

Now on the interrupting past [sorry mwembetayari, I know we agreed to end the side shows]. What I meant is that, in taking the time to address the "side shows" we are interrupted from discussing the topic at hand, the flow of discussion is diverted to address something off topic which I don't think adds value to the discussion.

Back
Top Bottom