At least 13 dead at Matatu bombing at Mandera

Miss Zomboko

JF-Expert Member
May 18, 2014
About thirteen people have been confirmed dead in Arabia, Mandera County after a minibus ran over an Improvised Explosive Device (IED).

County authorities have told The Standard that the vehicle was headed to Mandera town.

Eye witnesses at the scene say the incident took place on Monday, January 31, at around 6am.

Over the weekend, the US Embassy issued a terror alert in Kenya, urging vigilance in public places hours.

That was hours after the government had announced heightened security to forestall possible terror threats.

Prior to that, the Dutch, German, French and UK consulates in the country issued a similar warning on Thursday, January 27.

About thirteen people have been confirmed dead in Arabia, Mandera County after a minibus ran over an Improvised Explosive Device (IED).

County authorities have told The Standard that the vehicle was headed to Mandera town.

Eye witnesses at the scene say the incident took place on Monday, January 31, at around 6am.

Over the weekend, the US Embassy issued a terror alert in Kenya, urging vigilance in public places hours.

That was hours after the government had announced heightened security to forestall possible terror threats.

Prior to that, the Dutch, German, French and UK consulates in the country issued a similar warning on Thursday, January 27.
We extend our heartfelt condolences to our brethren who have lost their beloved ones. Off at a tangent, Kenya need to work seriously on its security mishaps that are currently scaling up. I am afraid, in the near future, Kenya is going to join the likes of Sudan, Mali, Burkina faso, Nigeria to mention but a few.

Kuwatetea,Balozi nyingi zilitoa onyo kuhusu kuwepo hatari ya mashambulizi Nairobi.Nao wakajiandaa kwa kuzidisha usalama eneo hilo..A.S wamefanya yao huko North Eastern..

Sent from my SM-A405FN using JamiiForums mobile app

Poleni sana majirani
Poleni jirani. Jambo la kufikirika: Inakuwaje Ubalozi wa Marekani unanusanusa na kujua kuna mkasa utatokea mahali fulani wakati polisi na wakazi wa jirani na tukio hawana habari? Hii inatokea ulimwenguni pote; kila mara Ubalozi wa Marekani unakuwa wa kwanza kutoa tahadhari. Jee, mtu akisema mkono wa Marekani upo ingawa kwa baadhi tu ya matukio atakuwa amekosea?

Kuwatetea,Balozi nyingi zilitoa onyo kuhusu kuwepo hatari ya mashambulizi Nairobi.Nao wakajiandaa kwa kuzidisha usalama eneo hilo..A.S wamefanya yao huko North Eastern..

Sent from my SM-A405FN using JamiiForums mobile app
Onyo wakati al shabab walisema soon wanatarajia kufanya shambulia mpaka vyombo vilitangaza kama wiki mbili nyuma then balozi ndo zikatoa matamko
Hao al shabab wako na sifa sana

Poleni jirani. Jambo la kufikirika: Inakuwaje Ubalozi wa Marekani unanusanusa na kujua kuna mkasa utatokea mahali fulani wakati polisi na wakazi wa jirani na tukio hawana habari? Hii inatokea ulimwenguni pote; kila mara Ubalozi wa Marekani unakuwa wa kwanza kutoa tahadhari. Jee, mtu akisema mkono wa Marekani upo ingawa kwa baadhi tu ya matukio atakuwa amekosea?
Al shabab mkuu walisema kama wiki mbili nyuma kwamba watafanya tukio kwa mwaka huu the ndio balozi zikatoa tamko

We extend our heartfelt condolences to our brethren who have lost their beloved ones. Off at a tangent, Kenya need to work seriously on its security mishaps that are currently scaling up. I am afraid, in the near future, Kenya is going to join the likes of Sudan, Mali, Burkina faso, Nigeria to mention but a few.
Believe me, if Kenya would be having serious security mishaps as you put it, we wouldn't be having the tall buildings towering the skies of Nairobi. Your near future of doom about Kenya ain't anywhere in the peripherals. Mark my words!.. ✊

Back
Top Bottom