An open letter to all Tanzanian: Stop telling young people to employ themselves instead tell old people to resign and start businesses

Meneja Wa Makampuni

JF-Expert Member
Jul 7, 2020
Dear all people of Republic of Tanzania,

I greet you by the name of Republic. I'm here by to submit an open letter to you. The purpose of writing this open letter is to ask you;

Please!
Stop telling young people to employ themselves while they don't have money to start a business instead tell old people to resign and start their own businesses.

If the government has employed you for over 10 years you are now mature. Also if the government has employed them for over 10 years they are now mature.

Our elders who are still working in the government have to cast an example of our elder MIZENGO PINDA. Our elder who has worked in government and is now self-employed and recruiting young people.

Thank you,
Sincerely
Manager wa Makampuni.

Hata yule mjinga Dr. Hamis Kigwangala alishawahi kutoa uharo kama huu akiwa waziri wa maliasili na utalii, sasa atuambie baada ya yeye kukosa uwaziri sasa amejiajiri katika sekta ipi na pia ifikapo 2025 amejiandaa kwenda kufanya shughuli gani binafsi, huyu ana laana ya kumtelekeza baba yake anaumwa hadi amefikia hatua ya kwenda kuomba msaada kwenye vyombo ya Habari wakati toto lake linashida twitter.

Huyu ni mjinga kabisa.

How will that work where old people are 5% of the population in Tanzania and the youth are 65%? You must be mad

No need to insult just give out your views
A mere suggestion that older people must resign to give way to younger people which thematically is called ageism is not only racism but in insult- you deserve it and a m not going to apologize

I greet you by the name of Republic. I'm here by to submit an open letter to you. The purpose of writing this open letter is to ask you;

Please!
Stop telling young people to employ themselves while they don't have money to start a business instead tell old people to resign and start their own businesses.

If the government has employed you for over 10 years you are now mature. Also if the government has employed them for over 10 years they are now mature.

Thank you,
Sincerely
Manager wa Makampuni.

young people have the highest chance to succeed in bussiness than old people, alafu employment sio chakula lazima uwe na ajira , wengi tu tumegraduate na hatujawahi gusa ofisi za ajira wengine hata shule hawakumaliza na wengine hata shule hawakugusa kabisa

young people have the highest chance to succeed in bussiness than old people, alafu employment sio chakula lazima uwe na ajira , wengi tu tumegraduate na hatujawahi gusa ofisi za ajira wengine hata shule hawakumaliza na wengine hata shule hawakugusa kabisa
Umepanic bure hoja ni nzur kwamfano hao 5% wazee wakianzisha biashara wataajiri vijana wangapi?

Umepanic bure hoja ni nzur kwamfano hao 5% wazee wakianzisha biashara wataajiri vijana wangapi?
There is an entry age in entrepreneurship

Please!

Thank you,
Sincerely
Manager wa IMakampuni.
I'm writing an entrepreneurship book, a Hands-on training guide, it will be of help for many youth in developing countries, it is in the final stages stay tuned

Wewe utakua ni mzee au mzee wako anategemea mshahara

Please!

Thank you,
Sincerely
Manager wa Makampuni.
Ndugai atakubali pamoja na kwamba ana mtaji na umri mkubwa lakini wapi

Please!

Our elders who are still working in the government have to cast an example of our elder MIZENGO PINDA. Our elder who has worked in government and is now self-employed and recruiting young people.

Thank you,
Sincerely
Manager wa Makampuni.
Dear Manager wa Makampuni, I highly appreciate the subject you have brought for discussion.

I view you have a point and very substantial to be celebrated by many youth in Tanzania however there is zero chance for that to happen. We can develop a strategy by asking the sitting President, HE Madam Samia Suluhu Hassan to develop financial instruments which are inclusive to Tanzania innovative investors who can create more than say 200 jobs in their course creating new investment which cuts down imports and increases exports. Not every one can think with such depth but we have to allow such people with DNA of developing solutions which is part and parcel of job creation.

Why may it be almost impossible for big shots to resign in the way you're trying to lobby?
Kitaani pagumu sana, that is the reason even the senior government retired, switches into politics to keep on warming National assembly seats instead of enjoying their pension from civil service.

In the midst of this complexity we can advocate for a win-win situation for all of us. Us means vijana+wazee.

Let's ask the old men in position to establish what is called system thinking and system approach to ensure we all get what we want. I guess it may correspond to breeding billionaires as it was once advocated by the then President of URT Magufuli during his tenure.

As long as we can develop collaborative efforts to create financial instruments to generate billionaires at the top in diverse sectors say (agribusiness, agro-processing, aquaculture, manufacturing, mining just to mention a few) the ripple effect will result in generating a sustainable middle class. Putting in mind that we will have many middle income earners who can afford to "consume" goods and services available in the market, this process will ensure more cash flow. Vijana wanasema, hela itaingia kitaa.

For the purpose of achieving different results we have to think differently and approach differently on available challenges which are opportunities to create wealth as well as jobs for youth available in Tanzania. We have to accept as a nation that, Tanzanian private sector needs funds as a means to acquire technology to ensure productivity and production of goods and services are maximised. The market locally and globally is always in need of goods and services for consumption. Money will be the medium of exchange in the course of trade. Eventually the investors (who have been entrusted to use financial instruments) will gets returns as profit and the government gets 18% as VAT for traders with businesses with turnover above 100mil TZS and 30% of net profit generated by companies (businesses).

For the process to complete, we need system thinking and system approach to ensure the desired outcome is realized. The desired outcome is cash flow from businesses which in the course can provide products for the market in terms of goods or services.

So what is system thinking?
Systems thinking is a holistic approach to analysis that focuses on the way that a system's constituent parts interrelate and how systems work over time and within the context of larger systems. Systems thinking can be used in any area of research and has been applied to the study of medical, environmental, political, economic, human resources, and educational systems, among many others.
According to systems thinking, system behaviour results from the effects of reinforcing and balancing processes.
Part of the system which we should build as a nation is what other nations call economic intelligence modes as a strategic tool to ensure we get what we want as far as economic competition is concerned in the global market.

Allow me to share with you Japanese and Swedish strategic economic intelligence tools/models which they established and eventually they reap with abundance.

The Japanese, for their part, as previously mentioned, developed their economic intelligence strategy around the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI). It is a “glocalization” concept that implies the need to protect its domestic market while fostering the expansion of international trade. The Japanese market has been traditionally very difficult for foreigners, and the large Japanese companies dominated the electronic or car international markets. It was a system of economic intelligence developed in seven strategic lines perfectly coordinated from “top to bottom”, which involved companies and government services:
Global and local approach to markets.
Commercial penetration tailored to the economic context and each country’s way of life.

Very selective information policy, also with the participation of companies, on a daily reporting system basis.

Long-term economic strategy.
Integrated approach and coordination between large industrial conglomerates.
Selective release of information according to levels.

Training programmes in companies for young professionals, on a country-by-county-specialization basis, even mastering foreign languages and understanding local cultural events.

Sweden is a small European country that, however, understood the need to develop an economic protection system to boost the creation of large multinational corporations, while developing an international educational system based upon knowledge of at least three languages per student; a means to compensate for their geo-economic difficulties.

In 2010, Sweden already had 30 companies in the Forbes 2000 ranking list: AstraZeneca in biotechnology, Telia Sonera in telecommunications, Ericsson in technology, Ikea in furniture and other household accessories, ABB in energy and capital goods, and so on. This would not have been achieved if it had lacked a policy and economic intelligence systems able to overcome many difficulties. A “bottom to top” plan opposed to the Japanese one, since the State is not the one to boost the system or the criteria to be applied, but companies and their information systems, which aim at improving their competitiveness.

As we have learnt from Sweden and Japan, the public-private is key for parts to win. The public should be ready and innovative to initiate and or allow the private sector if it initiates to support so that in the course of cash flow increase, more outputs of goods and services will be sold to the market. As long as sales are made to consumers, taxes and other government collections will be available in the course.

In most cases I do write insisting, why don't we sell final products from gold, Tanzanite, ruby, diamond or even in cash crops like cashews, cocoa, coffee, tea, sisal and "fatten" the forex account in our corporate accounts. The answer is simple, inaccessible funds to procure technology and know-how which will lead us to get more money by selling consumable products in the global market, but also create jobs for young men and women who went to the universities.

As long as these people get employment they can service the loans from the board in the course they buy luxury. One of the key issues we miss as nationals, is failing to understand you men and women like to buy luxury! And as long as they enjoy goods and services available as luxury, the more earnings goes to the treasury through taxable goods/services.

Does the public see the way I see and be part of the equation; Yesu alisema, ukipanda haba utavuna haba. Is the treasury/central bank ready to liberalize the financial instruments?

As long as we can liberalize and create more financial leverage by using many old men in parliament and many gov decision making positions, there is a room for the old men to win and we youth to win by generating investments which absorbs youth manpower to be part of the game change

Shalom

Back
Top Bottom