A necessary evil

Nyani Ngabu

Platinum Member
May 15, 2006
Hey y’all...long time no see.

So we all know that this country is/ was rotten to the core. That is something I think we can all agree on.

It’s that fact that led to some start wishing that we needed a ‘dictator’ in order to put the country back in line.

Venality was the order of the day. Impunity was his cousin.

No one in the highest echelons of the government or the ruling party seemed to have the temerity to do what was needed in order to make things right.

Then along the way came Ngosha John Pombe Joseph Magufuli. A no nonsense guy known for running a tight ship and cracking the whip.

It seemed as if we had finally got exactly who ‘we’ were wishing for.

A man who is sometimes willing to flout the law, constitution, convention and etc. just so things can get done.

Then all of a sudden people started moaning and groaning that he is too tough. He is this and that and the third.

But my thing is, what did people really expect? In order for things to get better they will have to get worse first.

You can’t make an omelette without breaking eggs.

There is no gain without pain. There will be some sort of a ‘culture shock’ and it kinda hurts.

And that’s the necessary evil that I’m talking about.

Peace out

Being tough with double standards is never what some people (me included) expected from him.....we were wishing (still we do) to have a strong leader able to challenge even Western neon-colonialism....not the man we now see struggling to silence opposition and every other different opinions.

A necessary but unfit evil.

Being tough with double standards is never what some people (me included) expected from him.....we were wishing (still we do) to have a strong leader able to challenge even Western neon-colonialism....not the man we now see struggling to silence opposition and every other different opinions.

A necessary but unfit evil.
Unfit evil that is!! You are about to un-tie the stray locked ship! Get go--

Back
Top Bottom