World Athletics 2011:DAEGU SOUTH KOREA-27 August - 4 September

senator

JF-Expert Member
Aug 9, 2007
World Athletics 2011: Asafa Powell pulls out of 100m
Jamaican sprinter Asafa Powell has pulled out of the World Championships 100m in Daegu after failing to overcome a groin injury, according to his agent.

The 28-year-old was expected to challenge world champion Usain Bolt, but has failed to shake off a problem he suffered earlier in August.

Powell's withdrawal marks a blow to the men's sprints, with American Tyson Gay also missing with a hip injury.
Asked if the race had lost something, Bolt said: "A lot of people are going to look at it like that but I can't because there are going to be seven other guys besides me.

"They haven't come out here to say, 'Usain's the fastest man in the world, let's give him a gold medal'. They've come to win so I'm really focused and I'm ready."--I like this one!
France's European 100m and 200m champion Christophe Lamaitre added: "Of course, it's very sad for Powell but I think it's a good opportunity for the rest of the sprinters."

_44943701_usainn512.jpg

Haya mambo yataonekana mwaka huu? ebu tusubirie tuone ladha imepungua kwa kutoshiriki kijogoo Powell,A
_54813686_54813685.jpg

_54814365_54814364.jpg

Ila tungeshuhudia mpambano mzuri kama wangekuwepo wote fit i mean, Tyson Gay, na World leading time for this year ASAF Powell.Huenda WR ingetikiswa kidogo.
Kesho wanaanza heats za 100m

Kenya in another 1-2-3 sweep in Daegu

viv.jpg

Kenya's Vivian Jepkemoi Cheruiyot celebrates after winning the women's 10,000 metres final at the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) World Championships in Daegu on August 27, 2011. AFP
By AFP
Posted Saturday, August 27 2011 at 15:53

Vivian Cheruiyot led Kenya to a podium clean sweep in the women's 10,000m at the World Athletics Championships on Saturday.

Cheruiyot, the reigning world 5000m champion, finished the 25-lap race in 30min 48.98sec ahead of Sally Kipyego (30:50.04) and 2009 champion Linet Masai (30:53.59).

http://www.nation.co.ke/sports/athletics/-/1100/1226172/-/cc9osy/-/index.html

A'fu kumbe kuna wengine walikua washamega nyengine hapo jana...

Edna-Kiplagat-Worlds-2011_2641708.jpg

The World Athletics Championships in Daegu have begun with Kenyan athlete Edna Kiplagat claiming the first gold medal in the women's marathon.

Policewoman Kiplagat encountered a false start and a fall at a drinks station but recovered to win ahead of compatriots Priscah Jeptoo and Sharon Cherop in a time of two hours, 28 minutes and 43 seconds.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/athletics/14684201.stm

_54983930_bolt3.jpg

Jamaica's Usain Bolt was disqualified from the final of the men's 100m at the World Athletics Championships as countryman Yohan Blake took gold. Defending champion Bolt caused shock in the stadium in Daegu as he came out of his blocks well before the gun.

Blake clocked 9.92 seconds to lead home American Walter Dix (10.08) and 2003 world champion Kim Collins (10.09).

But much of the talk will centre on the fate of Bolt, who still has the 200m and 4x100m to come.

The triple world and Olympic champion beat a hasty retreat after his misfortune, although was quoted as saying: "Looking for tears? "Not going to happen. I'm OK."
Bolt was his usual relaxed self before the race, preening when his name was announced, and the outcome will no doubt lead people to question both his preparation and the false-start rule.
Previously, athletes had been allowed one false start before being disqualified for a second, but new rules were introduced by governing body the IAAF for the start of the 2010 season.
While Blake, 21, had sympathy for his training partner he nevertheless was overwhelmed by his unexpected triumph.

"I don't think I can find words to explain it, I feel like I want to cry," he said. "I have been praying for this moment, this is all a dream for me right now.

"Usain Bolt has been there for me. I felt I would win the race for Bolt."

Dix, a double Olympic bronze medallist, added: "I didn't really think they were going to kick him out. How can you kick Usain out of the race?"

The 35-year-old Collins, meanwhile, questioned the validity of the false-start rule after picking up his third World Championships bronze medal.

"I don't think it is right. These things happen but you have to give people a chance," said the St Kitts and Nevis athlete.

"It was a great race, I got out well. I knew they would come back at me, but I didn't think they would catch me.But I am happy to be on the podium in my ninth World Championship. When the champion is out, you have got to take advantage of that."

Bolt, 25, has dominated the sprinting world in recent years: after storming to the 100m and 200m sprint double in then-world record times at the 2008 Olympics, Bolt matched his feat the following year at the Worlds in Rome, setting new marks of 9.58 and 19.19.

The 100m in Daegu had already been deprived of the three previous fastest men this year - Bolt's team-mates Asafa Powell and Steve Mullings and American Tyson Gay.

Britain's Dwain Chambers was disqualified for a false-start in the semi-finals, one day after compatriot Christine Ohuruogu was eliminated from the 400m for the same infringement.

What is this rule parse! I am not getting anything from this story except that Bolt did not run.

WHY is it that in 100 metres race,all are black? Is this a racist event?????
Umeangalia hiyo race au unaandika tu. Leo kwenye hii race ambayo Bolt aliondolewa kulikuwa na wafaransa wawili na mmoja mzungu ambaye ni bingwa wa ulaya wa 100m ameshika namba nne.

_54989517_bolt_dqf.jpg

Jamaica's Usain Bolt was disqualified from the final of the men's 100m at the World Athletics Championships as countryman Yohan Blake took gold.

Defending champion Bolt caused shock in the stadium in Daegu as he came out of his blocks well before the gun.

Blake clocked 9.92 seconds to lead home American Walter Dix (10.08) and 2003 world champion Kim Collins (10.09).

Statement from Usain Bolt on the 100m false start

29th August 2011 - "Firstly I would like to congratulate my team mate Yohan Blake and the other athletes who won the medals.

However I have to move on now as there is no point to dwell on the past. I have a few days to refocus and get ready for the 200m on Friday. After this I have the 4x100m and a few other races before the end of the season. I know that I am now in good shape and will focus on running well in the 200m.

Thanks to all the people who sent me good wishes and I will try my best to make you proud in the 200m."

Naona kuna haja ya hii false start rule to be reviewed...watu tumekosa uhondo.Warudishe ile ya zaman kadi ya njano then ukirudia kosa unatolewa..Chambers,D pia angeweza kuleta ushindani kama sio hii rule mpya kutumika.

Dayron Robles disqualifiedCuban Dayron Robles became another high-profile disqualification at the World Championships as he was stripped of his 110m hurdles gold medal.

Robles made contact with China's Liu Xiang and was disqualified after the Chinese appealed, handing Jason Richardson the gold and Liu the silver.

An appeal from the Cuban team was rejected and Britain's Andy Turner was awarded the bronze medal.

Usain Bolt was disqualified from the 100m for a false start on Sunday.

Olympic champion and world record holder Robles brushed Liu's arm, causing him to trip on the final hurdle and finish in 13.27 seconds, behind Richardson, who clocked 13.16.

"Robles hit me twice, at the ninth hurdle he pulled at me but I'm sure it wasn't intentional," said Liu, who won 2004 Olympic gold and the 2007 world title.

"I lost my balance when I came to the 10th hurdle because of the bump. If not for the incident, I would have been the gold medallist."

So far waliokuwa disqualified ni kama hvi
DISQUALIFICATIONS AT THE 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPSContinue reading the main story
•U Bolt (100m)
•D Robles (110m hurdles)
•C Ohuruogu (women's 400m)
•D Chambers (100m)
•A Razack R-S (400m)
•M Zimmermann (20k walk)
•G Restrepo (20k walk)
•G Rubino (20k walk)
•A Ibanez (20k walk)
•J Cuddihy (women's 400m)
•K Kim (100m, prelim round)
•A Griffith (100m)
•Y Camara (wom 100m prelim)

_55003009_55003008.jpg

Hapo kwenye contact ya mikono ndo ilikuwa moja ya sababu za kuvuliwa medali yake ya utetezi.
_55002466_55002465.jpg
_55002617_55002616.jpg

Bado tunasonga disq zikawa nyingi kutoka na sheria mpya.

Back
Top Bottom