Work place bullying and sabotage: HELP!

Tuttyfruity

JF-Expert Member
Dec 3, 2017
Hello everyone it’s been a while ! Where i am right now is 01:25 am. I am unable to sleep! Thousand thought in my mind.

Straight to the point , I work for a very big NGO , the pay is good and I love what I do. The challenge is the work environment is toxic! Toxic co workers . I work at a new branch made up of 4 employees me and three others , away from the main branch. I’m supposed to be the supervisor of this place, although it was not clearly communicated to my co workers because they don’t want to hire a “supervisor” at the moment due to pay issues. The reason I say I’m the supervisor is because I’m the most senior here, higher pay grade, I’m responsible for most of the decision making and in case anything goes wrong I’m the one who gets questioned and reprimanded even if I’m not the one responsible. ( they say a good leader is responsible for the mistakes of people who work with him).

Now the challenge I’m facing is the people I work with sabotage me,try to discredit me any chance they get, they tell on me, they blow things out of proportion. They don’t offer me the help I need even when I ask for it, So instead of doing what I was actually hired to do I find myself putting off fires, explaining myself to management etc, doing their jobs because if it’s not done guess who gets blamed , ME!

They are not perfect themselves, they come late, one come to work drunk , some leave work earlier but I don’t call management to report each and everything because I feel like it’s not the work I was brought to do. And I believe as a leader I should be able to solve problems myself than involving management on trivial matters.

In conclusion I would really like if you can advice me on what I should do, I want to do my job well, but how do I handle these toxic co workers ? How do I rise above? How do I save my credibility and reputation? .

When was the last time you were a man!.

stand up to your ground,you all met because of the god damn work, but yet you still complete the pattern by involving your personal feelings.

continue being like that and i asure you, you ain't keeping that job no more ,i give you 1 year max.

Sent from my SM-M307F using JamiiForums mobile app

You and three others !!! Pls disclose the natural distinctions sex btn

Unatakaje ushauri na unaficha jinsia za teamwork yako ,Kama washakugonga au umewagonga wote ishakula kwako

Ripoti juu yako umalize mgogoro na Kama uliwatongoza kwa sms kawaida au wasap imekula kwako

You and three others !!! Pls disclose the natural distinctions sex btn

Unatakaje ushauri na unaficha jinsia za teamwork yako ,Kama washakugonga au umewagonga wote ishakula kwako

Ripoti juu yako umalize mgogoro na Kama uliwatongoza kwa sms kawaida au wasap imekula kwako
Two men, two women .. I’m a woman . The other lady doesn’t work with me directly, she’s in her own department. Two gentlemen are older than me but they work under me , hence it’s difficult for them to get directives from me. Male ego I think.
No sex was involved, I don’t shit where I eat.

When was the last time you were a man!.

stand up to your ground,you all met because of the god damn work, but yet you still complete the pattern by involving your personal feelings.

continue being like that and i asure you, you ain't keeping that job no more ,i give you 1 year max.

Sent from my SM-M307F using JamiiForums mobile app
You are right I don’t see myself surviving six months. Can you be more clear. You have stated what I’m doing wrong, what can I do right?

Hi, excuse my English!

I think you are not being clear yourself as a Team Leader. These folks are trying to outplay you now to prove to management that you’re not a suitable candidate for the post. I also faced the same in my first assignment. I suggest the following

1. Introduce office operating procedures and communicate clearly to both the team and management
2. Pay attention to details and get off emotional intelligence for now
3. Put all instructions in writing and do not entertain small talks
4. Regular meetings and one to one interviews is key at this stage
5. Be clear in the weekly / daily objectives and issue your observations in writing copying management
6. Be manager and not a leader until this transition is completed (if you know what I mean)

Hi, excuse my English!

I think you are not being clear yourself as a Team Leader. These folks are trying to outplay you now to prove to management that you’re not a suitable candidate for the post. I also faced the same in my first assignment. I suggest the following

1. Introduce office operating procedures and communicate clearly to both the team and management
2. Pay attention to details and get off emotional intelligence for now
3. Put all instructions in writing and do not entertain small talks
4. Regular meetings and one to one interviews is key at this stage
5. Be clear in the weekly / daily objectives and issue your observations in writing copying management
6. Be manager and not a leader until this transition is completed (if you know what I mean)
Thank you for your insight . You are right. I will apply this .

Two men, two women .. I’m a woman . The other lady doesn’t work with me directly, she’s in her own department. Two gentlemen are older than me but they work under me , hence it’s difficult for them to get directives from me. Male ego I think.
No sex was involved, I don’t shit where I eat.
Oohooo hey hey
It's very dangerous intertaining pigs running within you cassava field

Umri kwao namkitoka nje ya ofisini labda mkiingia ndani ya mipaka ya ofisi hawanabudi kufata maelezo kiofisi napale huwatumi wewe

What do you want! You want to work? Or You want to entertain these old Fox? You want to be good to those men like a candle which brings light while burns itself!

Be a manager, be straight to your decisions everyone will respect you as their leader despite your age. Warn them through writing and whoever repeat mistakes report them to the respective department.

No one is bullying you, you're just creating things in your mind which never exist. You can not "consider" yourself as a "Leader" or "supervisor" simply because you are "more educated" with "good pay" than others. That's stupidity.

Lower yourself and you will be lifted if and when you deserve it. Acha kuwaletea shobo wenzio kisa wewe ndio unayeulizwa maswali kukiwa na issues....stop it and stick to you JD.

Huna hata barua ya appointment ya kuwa kiongozi then unawaletea ujuaji wenzio? Be humble, it pays.

Umeshindwa kulala kisa mambo ya Kazini? Si ujinga huu?? Stop dealing with other people's business and you will never be disappointed.

Hello everyone it’s been a while ! Where i am right now is 01:25 am. I am unable to sleep! Thousand thought in my mind.

Straight to the point , I work for a very big NGO , the pay is good and I love what I do. The challenge is the work environment is toxic! Toxic co workers . I work at a new branch made up of 4 employees me and three others , away from the main branch. I’m supposed to be the supervisor of this place, although it was not clearly communicated to my co workers because they don’t want to hire a “supervisor” at the moment due to pay issues. The reason I say I’m the supervisor is because I’m the most senior here, higher pay grade, I’m responsible for most of the decision making and in case anything goes wrong I’m the one who gets questioned and reprimanded even if I’m not the one responsible. ( they say a good leader is responsible for the mistakes of people who work with him).

Now the challenge I’m facing is the people I work with sabotage me,try to discredit me any chance they get, they tell on me, they blow things out of proportion. They don’t offer me the help I need even when I ask for it, So instead of doing what I was actually hired to do I find myself putting off fires, explaining myself to management etc, doing their jobs because if it’s not done guess who gets blamed , ME!

They are not perfect themselves, they come late, one come to work drunk , some leave work earlier but I don’t call management to report each and everything because I feel like it’s not the work I was brought to do. And I believe as a leader I should be able to solve problems myself than involving management on trivial matters.

In conclusion I would really like if you can advice me on what I should do, I want to do my job well, but how do I handle these toxic co workers ? How do I rise above? How do I save my credibility and reputation? .

Take action kulingana na miongozo ya kazi. Mda mwingine inabidi uwe kama roboti. Sasa kama wao hawakuheshimu kwa nini uwalee.!?

If your JD and offer letter says you are a supervisor then you are a supervisor if you are supervisor through corridor whispers then you were just chosen as a scape goat.

How come a 'very big NGO' realizes it needs a supervisor but turns out payment is an issue?

What you are facing is power struggle. Since you don't act as the one who got it they think they have the chance to the crown. For starters make sure everyone knows who got the crown if possible let Management announce it, after that then everything will fall into place if it won't, then it's about time the Warning letters start flying around.

We are born with the idea that we can save everyone, later we realize we can't save everyone but we can save just a few people. Save those few, even if those few is one person and that one person is you.

Save yourself.

Ila mkitangaza posts nishtue.

Back
Top Bottom