WHY Professor TIBAIJUKA was and is still exercising poor judgment

Rutashubanyuma

JF-Expert Member
Sep 24, 2010
There were times when I honestly perceived professor Anne Tibaijuka as a presidential material, not anymore. In fact, I am now kicking my butt for being duped by her veneer of innocence and an ironclad aura that seems now misplaced and quite deceitful!

While her UN incursions are a littany of controversies bordering upon theft and rampant misuse of money she somehow turned that part of her résumé into an enviable narratives of success worthy of emulation! How cunning this professor has always been! Placing her selfish indulgences above everything else. She has always been a cold calculating person who hides her steel teeth behind a disarming genial smile which now it is high time she is exposed for who she really is.

So where trust is everything that glues public office seekers to much revered values of legitimacy and accountability, but professor Tibaijuka justifies lack of trust on " the ends justifying the means."

In few words, the professor vehemently argues that although IPTL dirty money is bad but she received it for a good cause of developing her school which in every possible way was and; is still is, a personal effect.

She fails to grasp the fact that returning the bootleg is an admission of wrongdoing but not its only remedial redress. One returns stolen money as a concession that she also perpetrated theft of public funds. That admission is sufficient to convince her that her political career has come to a screeching halt. No amount of defence can change that but can only excell in abasing the defender of lawlessness and diminished accountability.

What we see here is a case of recklessness and poor judgment which now has acquired pantomime proportions! She may claim to be the modern day Amazonian Robinhood but the snag here the latter never personally benefited while in her case her personal real estate was a main beneficiary! So the matter is distinguishable in everyway one peeks at it.

Professor stoops so low on this matter that she fails to acknowledge that IPTL nuisance was a cabinet decision which she is part and parcel and that now she must full bear the brunt of collective responsibility.

The last time our government flaunted the virtues of collective responsibility was when they were parlayed to muzzle a runaway minister Augustine Mrema who was irked by the Mwinyi regime mishandling of the Chavda scandal.

So collective accountability which encapsulates the whole notion of "guilty by association" seems an unpalatable appetizer now to professor Tibaijuka.

Another area professor Tibaijuka exercised poor judgment is enmeshing her political intrigues with those of another learned professor Dr. Muhongo that they are going nowhere: that political accountability was out of question! That was perplexing!

The political failures of professor Muhongo are more elaborate than of hers. You thought if she had anything left in her upstairs worthy being called intellect and wit she would have fought her political nightmares alone. Distancing herself from the rest of the embattled ministers seemed the best tactic for her but wallowing herself in professor Muhongo's incurable mess was akin of shooting herself in the eye.

For practical purposes, we should begin referring to both of these expendable dons in past tenses because they have no future in our political orbit. Their references to president Kikwete as their last standing fortress is another testimony of miserably failing the judgment test. Kikwete now is enduring a lame duck presidency tantamount to a middle aged woman coming to terms with the loss of the glamour imposed by meno pause. Kikwete's legitimacy to lead this nation has been eroded by many scandalous revelations ranging from how he nailed a second term in office to how his family has amassed incredible wealth which can only be indubitably ensconced by official graft.

It is not too late for both professors to concede that they are out of their political breath, and accepting responsibility for exercising poor judgment in the whole caboodle seems the wisest thing to exercise, but continuing asserting a moral higher ground - knowing we now know how incompetent they are, will only add salt to an already foul and festering wound.

Professor Tibaijuka by attending cabinet meetings which approved the looting of Treasury she became not "a" but "the" lynchpin of influence peddling.

So her cries of innocence should; rightly so, fall on deaf ears.

Rutashubanyuma

Kudos to you, good food for thought! I can not agree more, poor Anna Tibaijuka, every time you open your mouth about this escrow scam your reputation takes another dip to the belly of the ocean! Learned don, the writing is on the wall, jump don't wait to get pushed! for if you wait, all will be irredeemably lost for you, your job, your name, reputation, goodwill, CV smeared! All lifelong achievements! Anna hukuzaliwa kuwa Waziri, acha kichwa ngumu, ondoka hufai kutumikia umma, kajiunge na muongo mwenzio Muhongo muanzishe wizara yenu mtumike for life!

Last edited by a moderator:
Kudos to you, good food for thought! I can not agree more, poor Anna Tibaijuka, every time you open your mouth about this escrow scam your reputation takes another dip to the belly of the ocean! Learned don, the writing is on the wall, jump don't wait to get pushed! for if you wait, all will be irredeemably lost for you, your job, your name, reputation, goodwill, CV smeared! All lifelong achievements! Anna hukuzaliwa kuwa Waziri, acha kichwa ngumu, ondoka hufai kutumikia umma, kajiunge na muongo mwenzio Muhongo muanzishe wizara yenu mtumike for life!

I hope she reads this freely volunteered advice and acts accordingly. Power or quest for it should not be secured at the expense of one's reputation. She cannot have both ways. Choices is all about life.

She is so strong emotionally kiasi kwamba she doesn't see the reality, the society Trent and the time. What I can say, hii ni kulewa madaraka. Maana Yake ni kwamba when the system is corrupt, what she sees is black and white. She completely forget Her reputation , moral, dignity and the trust from the citizens. If she can just think a bit naturally, positively , then she won't call for press conference and we won't hear her anymore. For GOOD.

Rutashubanyuma

You impressively pinned it all! Our leaders look at leadership as the only remedy to their ever starving bellies! The term accountability is never part of their lives, that is why even if someone smeers dung to the holly wall of the state they never want to willingly step aside until shovelled away by the power of the state! Shame on you Tibaijuka! Shame on you Chenge, shame on you Muohongo et al...nothing lasts forever! When its time to go, nothing even your charm will protect you.

Guys are you all lawyers the language that you are using is so hard to understand

At time unreasonable people talk and comment on issues they know nothing about!its a pity for people such people who can not use their brains to reason

At time unreasonable people talk and comment on issues they know nothing about!its a pity for people such people who can not use their brains to reason

What is wrong with those who have comment regarding her . By the way have you heared what she said today at kamrijee that 10 ml is money to buy meat. Can you believe such statement?

That lady is one of the puzzles I find hard to fathom. With all the gifts she's been endowed with, the opportunies she has had, the society respect she once commanded (though it now seems to have been a lie), her wits have ended at the feet of the crafty but crude political masters! These people have completely trashed her yet she seems to still yearn for their messy company. Not much different from their empty headed mistresses. But then, this is a real prof; genuine material. Well, I guess she probably never cared about her integrity. How sad!

I cannot agree more. personally i think the presidential and professorial institutions have been placed to highest level of ridicule in this country. no wonder you hear the unimaginable thinking of becoming President of this country 'kama huyu kaweza kuwa and survived for 10 years then I also can' Now looking at the list of professors who have become laughing stocks in this country makes you wonder whether professors deserve any place worth respect. am starting the list of these professors and anyone who remembers any may add:

1. Professor Tibaijuka
2. Professor Muhingo
3. Professor Maghembe
4. Professor Kapuya
5. Professor Malima
6. .................

DKB73 it is true we have no brains but when you contend with fools like us are you not now inadvertently in our bandwagon?

Manumbu let us also add one professor who wetted his trousers once hebhsd gurgled a couple of beers....last time I remember he was an R. C for Kigoma: name forgotten, though! Sounds like Prof. Machunda or something in that direction.

Manumbu let us also add one professor who wetted his trousers once hebhsd gurgled a couple of beers....last time I remember he was an R. C for Kigoma: name forgotten, though! Sounds like Prof. Masunda or something in that direction.

hahaha i think his name was Professor Machunda...sth like that!!!

The fact that Prof. Anna Tibaijuka was unceremoniously ditched by Ban Ki Moon from the UN Habitat office in Nairobi tells the whole story. There were allegations of tribalism and misuse of UN funds while she was in Nairobi. Somehow the comprise was to release her from the post in a more respectable way given the support Tanzania had thrown to making Ki Moon the UN General Secretary. As usual, she put up a fight to remain there!

What is wrong with those who have comment regarding her . By the way have you heared what she said today at kamrijee that 10 ml is money to buy meat. Can you believe such statement?

Ndiyo waleeeeeeee "if they cannot afford to eat bread, let them eat cake"

Back
Top Bottom