Why Nokia Siemens decided to base its Africa head office in Kenya

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomasana

JF-Expert Member
Aug 14, 2009
Nokia Siemens Networks has picked Nairobi, Kenya as a base for its African headquarters.

The global telecommunications firm recently restructured and separated its operations on the continent. "The African market is growing at a strong pace and we felt the need to provide additional focus to support this growth. We already have a strong base of operations in Morocco and South Africa to support the region. Our head office in Kenya will strengthen our operations in the continent to deliver superior services to our customers," explains Dimitri Diliani, head of African operations for Nokia Siemens Networks.

The company says it selected Kenya for its head office because the country provides a central location for travel, has a well educated pool of local talent and a robust telecommunications infrastructure.

"Our Nairobi office will serve as both a base of operations in the country and as the centralised headquarters of the entire African region," says Diliani.

Staff in the Kenyan office numbered 220 employees in 2010. The company expects to employ 300 people by 2012.

http://www.howwemadeitinafrica.com/...to-base-its-africa-head-office-in-kenya/9327/

The company says it selected Kenya for its head office because the country provides a central location for travel, has a well educated pool of local talent and a robust telecommunications infrastructure.

“Our Nairobi office will serve as both a base of operations in the country and as the centralised headquarters of the entire African region,” says Diliani.
Yeah, Kenyans are the best Africans in the world. Get a life, young man!

Thats a lie!.....they just want an easy access to DRCs coltan,and what nation will provide the base for their theft?....uh,Kenya.

Thats a lie!.....they just want an easy access to DRCs coltan,and what nation will provide the base for their theft?....uh,Kenya.

Plain logistics (among other factors) don't seem to support this kind of view., i.e., Kenya shares no border with DRC.

DRC Missing Gold Saga

Categories:
by Informer

It is turning out to be a very intriguing and dangerous affair. The gold saga is full of conspiracies, shadowy characters, twists and turns, now you see it now you don’t cycle and it has unfortunately cost someone his life. The story also touches on four countries for now, namely, South Africa, Kenya, DRC and UAE.
It all started when a South African firm handling the alleged purchase of the gold consignment of 2.5 tonnes (market value Kshs.9B) by a business person in Dubai forwarded the transaction documents to the DRC government that were found to be fraudulent. President Kabila sent his ministers to impress upon the Kenyan government to investigate and help stop the transaction/ recover the gold that had been smuggled from Eastern DRC. The reason for his worries is that the funds from the illicit trade will be used to purchase arms that will used by the rebels in Eastern DRC to destabilize his country.
The investigations so far have yielded zilch and are linked to the death of a senior assistant commissioner of KRA that was investigating the matter. The shadowy figures involved in this matter are known and let us hope they are brought to book soon and the racketeer rings broken for peace and stability in DRC that will augur well for Kenya in the long run

Gold,coltan,diamonds,tanzanite........South Africa/Kenya/UAE.Just read between the lines!!

little boy, i am telling YOU to get over yourself and get used to it.
Unfortunately, this does not help as I am not a little boy. Of course I am used to the fact that you suffer from an inferiority complex. There is a constant need in you to prove that Kenyans are the best. Why?

Tanzanians are a funny bunch, your hatred and envy is unmatched, you have mack timed for centuries and now you hating on a country like Kenya with a history of violence making progress. Y'all fruits need to get off your high horses and face the sad fact that most of the Tanzanian youths are uneducated and your universities are producing half baked graduates who can not even communicate properly. Thats a sad fact for a country with plenty of minerals and land, you will stay playing second fiddle to us and Rwanda whether you like it or not, lets see how much you will fund your budget this coming year, mkulu najua amezungusha bakuli kote. You guys crack me up, go to school folks, and make sure your children get a good education because if not, they dont have a place in east Africa in future.

Tanzanians are a funny bunch, your hatred and envy is unmatched, you have mack timed for centuries and now you hating on a country like Kenya with a history of violence making progress. Y'all fruits need to get off your high horses and face the sad fact that most of the Tanzanian youths are uneducated and your universities are producing half baked graduates who can not even communicate properly. Thats a sad fact for a country with plenty of minerals and land, you will stay playing second fiddle to us and Rwanda whether you like it or not, lets see how much you will fund your budget this coming year, mkulu najua amezungusha bakuli kote. You guys crack me up, go to school folks, and make sure your children get a good education because if not, they dont have a place in east Africa in future.
Nyinyi wagagagigikoko mnayo taabu kubwa sana. The Kenyans in this forum should be glad that they enjoy a freedom to express themselves, thanks to Tanzanians. So you are welcome with your kenyariasis gibberish. Show me one Kenyan forum that can stand up to Jamii Forums. Otherwise, shut the f**k up!

Nyiyi wagagagigikoko mnayo taabu kubwa sana. The Kenyans in this forum should be glad that they enjoy a freedom to express themselves, thanks to Tanzanians. So you are welcome with your kenyariasis gibberish. Show me one Kenyan forum that can stand up to Jamii Forums. Otherwise, shut the f**k up!

Jamii Forum's International forum is as Kenyan as can be, you spew hatred when people talk anything good from Kenya. You all know that your half baked graduates cant stand a chance in the new East Africa Community, thats why y'all fruits were saying that you need time, nyie labda kupiga domo tu na kutupa threats kwenye mtandao, in reality most of y'all are cowards who cant even stand to defend what is rightly theirs. I promise you that this time round we will school y'all, wachana na ile EAC ya zamani, this time we'll have you by the balls.

You kenyans your proud for nothing, most of your economy is run by the indians while the rest of you fight for government posts thats only one way for kenyans to break even. Thats why election time every time you shed blood. In Tanzania we run our own country and biggest businesses own by native tanzanians not by name by blood.

Jamii Forum's International forum is as Kenyan as can be, you spew hatred when people talk anything good from Kenya. You all know that your half baked graduates cant stand a chance in the new East Africa Community, thats why y'all fruits were saying that you need time, nyie labda kupiga domo tu na kutupa threats kwenye mtandao, in reality most of y'all are cowards who cant even stand to defend what is rightly theirs. I promise you that this time round we will school y'all, wachana na ile EAC ya zamani, this time we'll have you by the balls.
Wewe huna lolote na inaonekana level yako ya education ni very low. I do not have time for sick people like you. Endelea na ndoto zako, labda iko siku utaamka. Kujibizana na wajinga ka wewe ni kupoteza muda!

You kenyans your proud for nothing, most of your economy is run by the indians while the rest of you fight for government posts thats only one way for kenyans to break even. Thats why election time every time you shed blood. In Tanzania we run our own country and biggest businesses own by native tanzanians not by name by blood.
Am proud because despite everything that is going on in our country, we manage to fund our own budget, to me thats an achievement.. but you my brother mnategemea donors walipie budget yenyu yote. Despite your population, the revenue you collect in one year is what the Kenya revenue authority collects quarterly. Your countries budget is comparable to our Nairobi City Council budget. All you can say when we have discussions with Tanzanians is that you have a peacefull nation, thats what you traded for development and am sure Kenya will make a million strides despite the wrangles in the background while you havent even taken a step in fear of destabilising your Nation. wacha west wamalizane na Congo, nyie ndie next kwenye line, waqulize wanasiasa wenyu, wanajua hiyo.

Wewe huna lolote na inaonekana level yako ya education ni very low. I do not have time for sick people like you. Endelea na ndoto zako, labda iko siku utaamka. Kujibizana na wajinga ka wewe ni kupoteza muda!
So you think in your rants you sound learned ha? I think you must be one of the thirteen Tanzanians who have seen the inside of a class, and you'd rather come here and troll instead of doing whatever it is you do with your life. get a life and get of my D**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom