Why Delta flew away

kayundi2

JF-Expert Member
Feb 2, 2009
Many kenyan's just dont understand why Delta Airlines cancelled their virgin flight to Nairobi.Blame it all at Al Shabaab Militants.Inside sources at the Kenyan Millitary fear that soon Nairobi will be rocked by suicide bombers because the Kenyan government has deployed over 6000 Milliatry personnel and heavy weaponry ie tanks and fighter jets 17 KM inside Somalia.Its said that although Kenya claims to guard its border with Somalia,the fact of the matter is Kenyan Millitary is inside somalia........This is what made the US Department of Homeland Security to cancel Delta flights to Nairobi due to fear that their flights might be attacked by Al Shabaab

Last edited by a moderator:
The possibility of attacks by Somali suicide bombers is real and scary.. We are very vulnerable, and may Allah protect our borders.

Why Delta Airlines? KLM, BA si wanakuja Nairobi?? Mbona siku zote imekuwa salama tu??

What was the main reason for cancellation of Delta flights??

Why Delta Airlines? KLM, BA si wanakuja Nairobi?? Mbona siku zote imekuwa salama tu??

BA -British
KLM - Dutch
Delta -American

The hate of America is in a league of it's own. However i do agree with you, i do not believe this is the real reason.

MAMBO YA HAWA WAZUNGU NI NGUMU, MARA WAKO NANYI, MARA WASITISHA MISAADA, MARA HAWATAKI RAIS WENYU, DUUH... We dont know what we have done wrong this time, maybe we are too dark for them.

Delta? If they cancelled flight to nairobi.no problem;by the way no matter what those big fish do in this world one day they will b small small like a pea.only time will tell.

Delta? If they cancelled flight to nairobi.no problem;by the way no matter what those big fish do in this world one day they will b small small like a pea.only time will tell.

BA -British
KLM - Dutch
Delta -American

The hate of America is in a league of it's own. However i do agree with you, i do not believe this is the real reason.

At a time when global aviation is on the decline due to the world financial crisis, I doubt if this route can generate enough passenger traffic to operate a wide bodied jet (at least 300 seats capacity) profitably.

Delta probably wanted to cash in on tourists eager to visit Obama's ancestoral home but sobered up after reworking the sums.

The possibility of attacks by Somali suicide bombers is real and scary.. We are very vulnerable, and may Allah protect our borders.

smatta, i just felt so sad after reading those words.. ni kitu kibaya sana kuwa karibu na any form of terrorism!! many times we thinks its gonna happen somewhere else and not in my door step!!

We pray that Somalis dont kill brothers in the name of hate

If they do that to Kenyans, then for sure we will be next because we have alot of American in TAnzania

That makes more sense

it doesnt make sense at all, do u think Americans wount visit Kenya just because Obama snubbed it? The true reason for the halt of the flight is the risk of terrorism by alshabab in Somali, especially after our foreign affairs minister said that kenya will crash Alshabaab, and the presence of the Kenyan army inside somali borders. Those are the facts.

Hivi ni kwa nini Kenya na jeshi lao wasiingie Somalia na kuikomboa hii nchi ya jirzani kama Tz ilivyomuondoa Amini Uganda au kama Tz ilivyomuondoa Kanal Bakar kule Commoro?

Ethiopia tried..but Kenyans are silent..are they not ready to take risk?

America has always been an important tourist market for kenya even before Obama came along, and they have to connect through europe with all the inconviniences, a direct flight would certainly make economic sence.

it doesnt make sense at all, do u think Americans wount visit Kenya just because Obama snubbed it? The true reason for the halt of the flight is the risk of terrorism by alshabab in Somali, especially after our foreign affairs minister said that kenya will crash Alshabaab, and the presence of the Kenyan army inside somali borders. Those are the facts.

Who said Americans won't visit Kenya?

What makes sense is that they may have overated the profitability of the route. It makes sense that it would be about money rather than security.

I have yet to hear of a single Somali suicide bomber anywhere in the world including Ethiopia which has had it's troops inside Somalia for quite a while.

Back
Top Bottom