Wewe ni MSWAHILI iwapo...

Lucchese DeCavalcante

JF-Expert Member
Jan 10, 2009
miyeyusho.jpg

Unakaa sehemu kama hii bila kujali onyo..

firstsite.jpg

When you believe on "love at first sight"

3. Wee ni mswahili, pale uamkapo asubuhi na kumtuma dogo au kwenda mwenyewe kununua chapati ambazo unafungiwa kwenye gazeti. Unakula chapati zikiwa na wino mweusi wa gazeti, unashiba na kulala kwenye mkeka na lile gazeti (ulilofungiwa chapati) unaanza kulisoma tena.

4.Wewe ni mswahili pale upangapo foleni za kwenda bafuni kuoga kwenye nyumba za kupanga. Wababa/Washkaji kusimama nje ya bafu wanasubiri utoke huku na miswaki yao mdomoni na hapo hapo wanajadili yanga, simba, arsenal, man etc ilivolala jana ilhali wengine hawana hata TV, kumbe walicheki kupitia dirisha, jirani, bar etc!

5. When you use words like, loooooooooooooong, wengiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, tamuuuuuuuuuuuu, mdogoooooooo, ya motooooooooooo, baridiiiiiiiiiiiii to express extreme sizes quality and quantity.

ENDELEA...

Mimi bado sijawahi kuielewa vizuri hii dhana ya uswahili. Maana yake ni nini na kinyume chake ni nini?

Mimi bado sijawahi kuielewa vizuri hii dhana ya uswahili. Maana yake ni nini na kinyume chake ni nini?
Kiswahili is a never ending source of wonder. I don't speak it, and I say so with a sad heart. However, I try to compensate, and dig into certain concepts and words which I find it rather revealing as an entrance to understand the culture. For the past days I have been messing around with one string, which I both find interesting in terms of the title of my blog :): louder than swahili), secondly if put into the perspective of being Danish.
It goes like this:
'Kiswahili' is the Swahili word for the Swahili language, sometimes used in English. 'Ki-' is a prefix attached to nouns of the noun class that includes languages.
You add 'm', you have 'mswahili' = a swahili person. You say 'waswahili', and you have more than one person referring to the people of the 'Swahili Coast'.
You add 'u' and you have the substantive 'uswahili', referring to the culture of the Swahili people, and then you ask yourself what exactly is that? Online dictionaries gives you the politically and historically correct answer, the waswahili another.
When you add '-ni' to a substantive, it means 'inside of it or within it'. For example; a teacher will teach in the darasani (classroom), and a farmer will be in the shambani (in the field).
The thing is that words and their meanings change, over time and with people.
I asked a colleague last week how she'd explain 'uswahili' and 'uswahilini'. She said; 'when being uswahili, you are a primitive, lazy person', and then she subconsciously demonstrated how to answer the telephone in the most significant uswahili way. I told her she could stop now, and both of us laughed for a while about how uswahili subconsciously sneaks into our behaviour.
Nobody wants to be uswahili, as it has become derorgatory slang for people who are lazy: People who don't lift their feet but slide over the floor in worn-out malapa with sulky faces; People who can make conversations going only by using: 'eh, eh, eh...?; People who play the ngoma all day long (which again is slang for having sex) - and there you go.
I asked her to make a sentence with the word 'uswahilini', and she said 'nakaa uswahilini' and then translated it to: 'I live in the slum'. Historically, uswahilini refers to the way the waswahili live, for instance in Pangani, Bagamoyo or Mikindani. The swahili houses are built in a very unique way. But in today's Dar es Salaam it means 'the slum', because that's where the waswahili live, and that's how they live.
Sometimes I use the helping verb 'to do': 'mimi hata nafanya uswahili kabisa' (even me I'm doing it completely swahiliish).
A lot of this playing around only makes sense within a given context.

Not sure if it makes sense out of the swahili context?
One thing I've learnt is that nothing is louder than swahili.

Au soma hapa utaelewa dhana ya mswahili na uswahili ni nini?

Back
Top Bottom