Vanessa Bryant Files Wrongful Death Lawsuit Against Helicopter Co Pilot

Suley2019

JF-Expert Member
Oct 7, 2019
Vanessa Bryant has just sued the company that owned the doomed helicopter that crashed, killing Kobe, Gigi and 7 others ... claiming the aircraft should never have been placed in the peril it was in before the Jan. 26 accident.

The lawsuit alleges Island Express was only allowed to fly under visual flight rules, and the conditions the day of the crash were not conducive for such flying. As we reported, the fog was extremely low and the pilot was in blinding conditions before the mishap.

The lawsuit also says the pilot was going 180 miles per hour in the heavy fog in a steep decline in the moments before it crashed in Calabasas, CA.

The lawsuit claims the pilot failed to properly monitor and assess the weather prior to takeoff, failed to obtain proper weather data prior to the flight, failed to abort the flight when he knew of the cloudy condition, failed to maintain control of the helicopter and failed to avoid "natural obstacles" in the flight path.

The suit says Island Express engaged in unnecessary and needlessly risky means of transportation under the circumstances.

The suit also asks for damages for "pre-impact" terror -- damages for the emotional trauma Kobe and Gigi suffered as the pilot struggled to get out of the clouds before the crash.

The lawsuit also says the pilot, Ara George Zobayan, was disciplined in 2015 for violating the visual flight rule minimums by flying into an airspace of reduced visibility.

The lawsuit also claims the helicopter was not safe, although it doesn't say what was unsafe. It could be the basis for the claim is that the helicopter was not certified to fly in bad weather.

The lawsuit does not list an amount of damages sought, but Vanessa is asking for punitive damages, claiming the pilot and Island Express were reckless, and the damages could be untold millions.

The suit seeks damages for loss of love, affection, care, society, service, comfort, support, right to support, companionship, solace or moral support and expectations of future support and counseling. The suit also seeks money for loss of financial support and for burial and funeral expenses.

This won't end well for that company. I bet that helicopter Co, is going to bankrupt.

The pilot is dead but she's also going after the pilot's estate . That's horrible and cruel. I feel for his family.

You cannot stop the will of God, helicopter was just a reason but she must knows how many times the same helicopter travel safe, It is happening.

Lakini tunajuwa sana wazungu na wakiristo wanatabia ya kujipumbaza sana kwenye kifo, mtu akifa hutafuta sababu kwa kiwango kikubwa zaidi yaani mtu hazikwi mpaka documents zote zikamilike za kifo chake sasa hii ni weakness kubwa sana hawa wenzetu, wanapenda kuishi kwa tamaa ya kubaki ulimwenguni milele.

kwa Waislamu tunajuwa mtu anaweza kulala asubuh tunapata taarifa amekufa watu wanaenda kuzika. wanafanya mambo muhimu kwa maiti, maiti inazikwa salam kabisa. kwa saabu Quran imeweka wazi " Saa na dakika ikifika wala haitachelewesha wala kutangulizwa".

This won't end well for that company. I bet that helicopter Co, is going to bankrupt.

The pilot is dead but she's also going after the pilot's estate . That's horrible and cruel. I feel for his family.
Lawyers are finding to make money from her! She is not smart enough kuona what is coming! Watamfilisi and then what? Hope someone atamshtua mapemaa!
Kobe is gone amove on...

Lawyers are finding to make money from her! She is not smart enough kuona what is coming! Watamfilisi and then what? Hope someone atamshtua mapemaa!
Kobe is gone amove on...
True, the lawyers can make a lot of money, and this suit doesn't bring back Kobe and Gigi.

Masikini Vanessa...hizi nguvu za kushtaki anapata wapi?

Ndo maana babaake wa kambo anawaita ye na mamaake "golddigger"

Sent using Jamii Forums mobile app
Anajaribu tuu kupunguza machungu aliyonayo kwa kutafuta mtu/watu wa kuwatupia lawama. Ambayo ni kawaida mtu ukitokewa na jambo ambalo linakuwia ugumu kulikubali.

Ndio maana lawsuit ilikuwa filed siku za nyuma lakini ikavujishwa jana wakati kila jicho lipo kwenye memorial wakati kila mtu anaomboleza. Ili apate support .

She doesn't need money, she got enough cash.

ww unafahamu simple presents hujui kuhusu continuous., go back to school
... Duh! Nashukuru kwa ushauri Kiongozi. Badala ya kurudi shule, nitatumia lugha ya mama ambayo naimudu kiasi chake. Nikupe hongera kwa kukimudi Kiingereza vizuri kwa mfano wa tungo yako hapo chini! teh! teh!

"You cannot stop the will of God, helicopter was just a reason but she must knows how many times the same helicopter travel safe, It is happening."

America is a very litigious society.

I had a feeling this was coming.

I see more lawsuits coming from the other family members of the other casualties.

In America, anyone can sue anybody for anything.

You can be sued just for being ugly or for having bad body odor.

And just because someone sues, it doesn’t mean they’re gonna get what they want.

It’s lawsuits like this, though, that lead to changes in safety protocols that benefit the public at large,

Tangu amefariki ndo kazikwa juzi?
Anajaribu tuu kupunguza machungu aliyonayo kwa kutafuta mtu/watu wa kuwatupia lawama. Ambayo ni kawaida mtu ukitokewa na jambo ambalo linakuwia ugumu kulikubali.

Ndio maana lawsuit ilikuwa filed siku za nyuma lakini ikavujishwa jana wakati kila jicho lipo kwenye memorial wakati kila mtu anaomboleza. Ili apate support .

She doesn't need money, she got enough cash.

America is a very litigious society.

I had a feeling this was coming.

I see more lawsuits coming from the other family members of the other casualties.

In America, anyone can sue anybody for anything.

You can be sued just for being ugly or for having bad body odor.

And just because someone sues, it doesn’t mean they’re gonna get what they want.

It’s lawsuits like this, though, that lead to changes in safety protocols that benefit the public at large,
Once you have a judiciary that is truly free, fair and independent, people will take their disputes to court, regardless how petty they are.

Once you have a judiciary that is truly free, fair and independent, people will take their disputes to court, regardless how petty they are.

That Kobe’s widow filed a wrongful death lawsuit, that doesn’t surprise me.

In America, suing is very normal.

I’m more surprised at those who are surprised that she filed a lawsuit.

If you know America, what the widow did, was very expected.

And I’m very confident the other families will too, if they haven’t already.

And the good thing/bad what do happen in court is that, the lawsuit verdict is always based on evidence and nothing else.

I'm surprised, the other families haven't tried to come up on this yet.

Vanessa is already rich, her attorneys are the ones who are going to benefit from this. And looking at it from a different angle, I can tell, greed led her to file for this lawsuit alone, it should have been filed as a class action.

Back
Top Bottom