Usher tears up in court over custody battle

BAK

JF-Expert Member
Feb 11, 2007
12:24 PM ET
[h=1]Usher tears up in court over custody battle[/h]
[h=1]Usher's battle for visitation rights with his two sons has struck a nerve.[/h]Click here: Usher tears up in court over custody battle – The Marquee Blog - CNN.com Blogs

The R&B star teared up on the stand Monday in Atlanta as he testified against his ex-wife, Tameka Foster, who according to ABC News is seeking full custody of their sons. The couple divorced in 2009 after two years of marriage.
While on the stand, the "Climax" crooner recounted a tale of violence between Foster and his reported current stylist and girlfriend, Grace Miguel.

He described showing up at Foster’s home to drop off one of the boys and getting caught in a physical confrontation between the two women. He claimed Foster spit at and tried to fight Miguel.
"I got out of the driver's side, went around to the passenger's side ... and had to wedge myself in between the door and Ms. Foster to prevent her from acting out," he said. "I tried to talk some sense into her, and she was, you know, screaming and spitting and fighting, and she hit me. And I said, this is no way to act."
Usher kept his composure as he recounted the alleged event, but the singer grew emotional when questioned by Foster’s lawyers about his capabilities as a dad. He dabbed his eyes with a tissue and was noticeably upset as Foster's attorney asked him about drug use.
Usher is expected to release his seventh studio album, “Looking 4 Myself,” on June 11.