Ushahidi unaonyesha daraja lilipigwa na drone ya kwenye maji, sio kama ambavyo Putin analalamika

MK254

JF-Expert Member
May 11, 2013
Putin analalamika akisema Ukraine walitumia lori kulipua daraja lake Crimea, ila wataalam wanaokagua video za uharibifu huo wanasema lilipua pigo la drone inayosafiria kwenye maji....

Russian officials named a 25-year old Krasnodar man, Samir Yusubov, as the owner of the truck, and said an older relative, Makhir Yusubov, was the driver.

But close examination of the footage seems to show that the truck had nothing to do with the explosion.
The footage shows a huge fireball erupting just behind - and to one side - of the truck as it begins to climb an elevated section of the bridge.

The speed with which the truck bomb theory started to spread in Russian circles was suspicious. It suggested the Kremlin preferred an act of terrorism to a more alarming possibility: that this was an audacious act of sabotage carried out by Ukraine.

"I've seen plenty of large vehicle-borne IEDs [improvised explosive devices] in my time," a former British army explosives expert told me. "This does not look like one."

A more plausible explanation, he said, is a massive explosion below the bridge - probably delivered using some kind of clandestine maritime drone.

"Bridges are generally designed to resist downwards loads on the deck and a certain amount of side loading from the wind," he said. "They are not generally engineered to resist upward loads. I think this fact was exploited in the Ukrainian attack."

Some observers have noted that in one of the other security camera videos, something that looks like the bow wave of a small boat appears next to one of the bridge supports, a split second before the explosion.

What kind of vessel could it be?
A CCTV still of the road section of the bridge, milliseconds before the explosion, showing what could be a vessel near the bottom right corner
A CCTV still of the road section of the bridge, milliseconds before the explosion, showing what could be a vessel near the bottom right corner© Reuters

MSN

Back
Top Bottom