Ukarabati wa nyumba kwa mamilioni wamkera Mbunge.................

Rutashubanyuma

JF-Expert Member
Sep 24, 2010
Lawmaker faults council over 50m/- spent on civil servant`s house repair

By Correspondent

27th December 2010

Kibiti Member of Parliament (MP) Abdul Marombwa has expressed dissatisfaction over decision by the Kisarawe District in Coast Region to spend more than 50m/- on rehabilitating a civil servant residence.
The MP, who was speaking at the regional consultative committee meeting held recently, said, the money spent on the rehabilitation of the house showed there was mismanagement of government funds.
“I congratulate the report from Kisarawe, but I disagree with the 50m/- spent on the rehabilitation of the house of a civil servant. It is too much," he said.
Marombwa advised regional leaders to cooperate with district leaders when looking for contractors for such projects.
Special Seats MP Subira Mgalu (CCM) said many projects carried out in the region were not worthy of the money.
Meanwhile, Regional Commissioner Amina Said, who chaired the meeting urged district councils in the region to build modern houses for the primary school teachers and classrooms to replace those made by mud.
"Mud school buildings should be replaced by modern ones," she said.
She urged the councils to organise themselves to modern houses and classrooms and promised to visit the schools to see what had been done.
The region has six district councils - Kisarawe, Bagamoyo, Mkuranga, Kibaha Rural, Mafia and Rufiji and Kibaha Urban.

SOURCE: THE GUARDIAN

The MP, who was speaking at the regional consultative committee meeting held recently, said, the money spent on the rehabilitation of the house showed there was mismanagement of government funds.
"I congratulate the report from Kisarawe, but I disagree with the 50m/- spent on the rehabilitation of the house of a civil servant. It is too much," he said.

Mbunge ni diwani na huudhuria vikao vya Halmashauri..........ambako bajeti hizi hupangwa.........................au huyu ni mgeni?

Back
Top Bottom