UK: Waziri Mkuu, Boris Johnson ajitenga baada ya kukutana na Mbunge aliyegundulika na COVID-19

beth

JF-Expert Member
Aug 19, 2012
Boris Johnson ametangaza kujitenga baada ya kukutana na Mbunge wa Ashfield, Lee Anderson ambaye baadae alithibitishwa kuwa na Virusi vya Corona.

Johnson amesema alitafutwa na Mamlaka na kutakiwa kufanya hivyo kama taratibu zinavyoelekeza, japokuwa hana dalili zozote za COVID19 baada ya kuwa karibu na Anderson kwa takriban dakika 35.

Mwezi Aprili, Waziri huyo aligundulika na Ugonjwa huo na kulazwa ICU kwa siku 3. Hadi sasa Uingereza imerekodi visa 1,369,318 na vifo 51,934.

====

Boris Johnson is self-isolating after meeting an MP who later tested positive for Covid-19.

The prime minister said he was contacted by NHS Test and Trace on Sunday but is not showing symptoms.

Mr Johnson on Thursday spent about 35 minutes with Ashfield MP Lee Anderson who has since tested positive.

The news came as No 10 said Mr Johnson would make "critical announcements" about coronavirus and "levelling up" the UK over the coming weeks.

In an announcement planned before Mr Johnson was told to self-isolate, Downing Street said there would be a "clear signal" of his "ongoing ambitions for the United Kingdom".

It said Mr Johnson would chair "key Covid meetings" and work with Chancellor Rishi Sunak to devise the upcoming spending review with an aim to fulfil his promise to "build back better".

But No 10's effort to start the week afresh following the departure of two of Mr Johnson's top aides amid an internal power struggle was overshadowed by news the prime minister was self-isolating.

Mr Johnson wrote on Twitter on Sunday night: "Today I was notified by NHS Test and Trace that I must self-isolate as I have been in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19.

"I have no symptoms, but am following the rules and will be working from No 10 as I continue to lead the government's pandemic response."

A No 10 spokesman added: "The PM is well and does not have any symptoms of Covid-19."

'I've been pinged!'

In a WhatsApp message to Tory MPs seen by the BBC the PM added: "The good news is that NHS Test and Trace continues to improve. The bad news is that I have been pinged!"

He said that he would observe self-isolation rules despite "following the guidance and socially distancing" during his meeting with Mr Anderson.

"It doesn't matter that I feel fine - better than ever - or that my body is bursting with antibodies because I have already had the damn thing," he added.

"The rules are the rules and they are there to stop the spread of the disease."

In April, Mr Johnson spent three nights in intensive care after falling ill with the virus.

He later said it "could have gone either way" and thanked healthcare workers for saving his life.

Back
Top Bottom