TORRES: Happy to be Blue!

Invisible

Robot
Feb 11, 2006
Chelsea fans everywhere are happy that you can no longer score against their team.
When I played against Chelsea there was always a big motivation because it was a special game, it was always one of the biggest games of the season. This is one of the reasons why I wanted to join Chelsea because I want to be part of this kind of team. I want to say thanks to the Chelsea fans because I have seen them very, very happy with me for joining Chelsea. If they are happy as well because I am not going to score any more against them then it is good.

I have good memories and bad memories of games against Chelsea. All the goals are good memories because all of them are special. I have a very bad memory of the semi-final of the Champions League in my first season in England when they beat us and they played the final and not us. It was a frustrating day for me but hopefully now I am here we can go through to the final together and win.

Why Chelsea and why now?
I felt from last summer that I need to do a step forward in my career and for my ambition as a footballer. I am joining a team that is at the top level, there is not another level after Chelsea. I am joining with players like Chelsea have. I am joining with big names like Terry, Lampard, Drogba and Anelka and I can be part of this great team.

Also I wanted to join because Chelsea always have shown a big respect for me. They really want me and it is important when you have the support of the people in the club, and the support of the fans who always showed respect to me when I came to Stamford Bridge and at Anfield. Now I am very happy to be a Chelsea player.

It is good news that you can play in the Champions League this season. It is often not the case for January signings.
The Champions League is a big ambition and all the footballers want to play in it, it is a very important competition. But also Chelsea have the chance every season to win all the trophies that they play for, so when you have the chance to play in a team like this you cannot say no.

As a boy from Madrid, are you looking forward to playing in another capital city?
Madrid is not as big as London but it is true when you are coming from a big city like Madrid, nothing is going to surprise you and I am very happy to move to a city like London. It is a big city and you can do everything you want with the respect that the English people always have. I am sure I am going to improve my lifestyle as well.

Unfortunately he is injured at the moment but this move gives you the chance to play again with Yossi Benayoun. At Liverpool you had a good on-pitch understanding with him.
On the pitch and off the pitch as well. He is my friend and on the pitch we have a very good relationship. Hopefully he can play as soon as possible and he will be fully recovered. It is exciting the possibility to play with him again, but as well with my other new team mates.

How do you feel about working with Carlo Ancelotti?
He has been showing all his career as a player and a coach that he is winner. He has the winning mentality and you see this in how he is coaching Chelsea so it is a wish to meet him and to know what he is expecting from me. I am excited about playing as soon as possible and learning about my coach and all my team-mates.

It appears your first game will be at Stamford Bridge on Sunday against Liverpool...
It is like the destiny. It is not perfect for me but we will see what happens and I only have good words about Liverpool. They made me a top player and gave me the chance to play at the top level. I will never say anything bad about Liverpool, I have been very happy there, but now the history is different and I am playing for Chelsea. If I have the chance to play I will do my best for Chelsea and hopefully I can score.

Finally, you are 26 years old now. Do people still call you El Nino?
Yes, many people and hopefully that will happen for many years because it makes me feel younger.

Welcome home El Nino (26) and David Luiz (23)

Uamuzi sahihi kwa muda muafaka.

I like that move, Chelsea sasa wamepata striker wa uhakika, sijui sasa Drogba na Anelka nani atasugua bench,

kikosi kina imarika na focus kubwa ipo kwenye Champions league

kipindi hiki ambacho the blues hawafanyi vizuri yasije kumkuta yale ya Andriy Shevchenko....

Mvinyo wa zamani kwenye chupa mpya radha ni ileile.

MAN U BINGWA TU.

No one like Berbatov

invizibo najua utakuwa unachekelea sana....!

nawahurumia kwakweli...!MSIBA HUO

Official: Chelsea Snap Up Liverpool Ace Fernando Torres In €58.5m Deal

Fernando Torres has left Liverpool for Chelsea at the 11th hour of the winter transfer window.

Jan 31, 2011 6:20:00 PM

Share Share

http://www.google.com/buzz/post

116867_news.jpg
Photo Gallery
Zoom

Fernando Torres - Liverpool (Getty Images)
Related Links

Teams

Players

Chelsea have officially completed the sensational £50 million signing of Spain star Fernando Torres from Premier League rivals Liverpool.

The 26-year-old World Cup winner was the subject of rumours and speculation throughout transfer deadline day, but has now put pen to paper on a five-year-deal at Stamford Bridge.

The transfer saga began in earnest last week when the Reds declined an offer from Chelsea and then rejected a transfer request from Torres, insisting the player would be required to honour his long-term contract at the club.

Despite this, negotiations between the clubs continued and a conclusion was reached on Monday, allowing the forward to undergo a medical and agree personal terms with the reigning league champions.

A statement on Torres' official website said: "Spain international Fernando Torres will defend the Blue shirt of Chelsea after joining the London club on the January transfer deadline.

"The striker has signed for the reigning Premier League and FA Cup champions for five and a half seasons.

"After Liverpool and Chelsea had reached an agreement, the player travelled down to London where he successfully passed his medical before agreeing personal terms. Fernando Torres then put pen to paper on a deal that will see the forward remain at Chelsea until June 2016."

Torres had joined Liverpool from boyhood club Atletico Madrid for a fee of around £25m in July 2007 and bagged 33 goals in all competitions during a stunning debut campaign.

119741hp2.jpg

Frustrated | Torres did not win a trophy in his time with Liverpool​

The striker went on to play a total of 142 times and score 81 goals in three-and-a-half successful personal seasons on Merseyside.

Despite enjoying a close relationship with the club’s fans, a lack of trophies and the Reds’ inability to challenge for major honours haunted the player, who has long been linked with an Anfield exit to various destinations around Europe.

The fact he has joined another English club will be a bitter pill for Liverpool fans to swallow in a deal comprehensively becomes a new British transfer record.

Torres, who is yet to win a major honour in club football, has already amassed 82 caps for Spain, scoring 26 times.

Follow Goal.com on to get the latest soccer news directly. Check out Goal.com's page; be part of the best soccer fan community in the world!

ukitaja strikers 3 tu bora duniani lazima Torres atakuwepo - hiyo ni class nyingine wazee.

Still si uamuzi sahihi, kwa staili ya kucheza ya Chelsea atakuwa frustrated tu bado. Angekuwenda Barcelona or Madrid ingekuwa bomba maana wale mido wao wanapiga penetration pass so angeweza funga magoli mengi sana. Chelsea hakuna midfielder za hivyo na ndo maana hata Shev alishindwa

Kila la heri pia ukaze buti maana hukawii kuuzwa ama Shev

Good for Torres...., But is Torres Good for Chelsea...,
Can you see Drogba, Torres Combination...?
Unless Chelsea change their system Torres is going to be a Flop......
Anyone remembering Shevshenko, Hernan Crespo ?
For Torres to work they need to change their system and build a team around Torres, but where will Drogba play?
Maybe since Drogba is old probably its time to dump him and his mate Anelka

Good for Torres...., But is Torres Good for Chelsea...,
Can you see Drogba, Torres Combination...?
Unless Chelsea change their system Torres is going to be a Flop......
Anyone remembering Shevshenko, Hernan Crespo ?
For Torres to work they need to change their system and build a team around Torres, but where will Drogba play?
Maybe since Drogba is old probably its time to dump him and his mate Anelka

Well said, Tusiongee sana, Thats why Rooney will only score when Antonio valencia is back!