This is how Tanzania government officials work.....thinking they are clever.

Magezi

JF-Expert Member
Oct 26, 2008
Three contractors . . . one from Tanzania, another from Germany and the third from England are bidding to repair the White House fence.
They go with a White House official to examine the fence.

The England contractor takes out a tape measure and does some
measuring, then works some figures with a pencil. "Well," he says. "I figure the job will run $90,000 . . . $40,000 for materials, $40,000 for labour and $10,000 profit for me."

The Germany contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says, "I can do this job for $70,000 . . . $30,000 for materials,
$30,000 for my crew and $10,000 profit for me."

The Tanzanian " a.k.a mbongo asilia" contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to the White House official and whispers:
"$270,000."

The official, incredulous, says, "You didn't even measure like the
other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?"

"Easy," the Tanzanian contractor explains, "$100,000 for you, $100,000 for me and we hire the guy from Germany to do the work."

If this is what we do to become rich, am afraid it will take years if not centuries for our country to develop.

Let's be patriotic do right things for the development of our nation when we are entrusted to hold high positions, let's not be taken away with the elution's of 10% we get from contractors and think we are clever because we can build expensive houses and buy Good cars on expensive of fedha za wavuja jasho.

We need to change our mind set.

The above example indeed shows how most of our directors, managers, ministers, VCs etc. do their daily activities especially when they have to sign contracts with foreign companies/countries.

Patriotism! Our national anthem!
Perhaps we have no idea what it gt to be patriotic! I don't think Tanzanian will became fond of their country overnight! It's something that has to be cultivated, something to be induced! Unfortunately we are not doing enough to build it in our children! Remember when we used to sing "Kibanga ampiga mkoloni...........! or Idd Amini akifa mimi siwezi kulia.........!!!" These songs used spark morale and a sense of readiness to protect our country against our enemy! Gradually they faded away!!

We all know what Ufisadi/Rushwa is doing to our nation! It's reaping our economy! A civil servant will think of nothing else than how to steal Government money given a chance. Patriotism can well be groomed from childhood! The same way we used sing and brace ourselves on the colonial rule and enemies of our nation should be advocated in the way for the war against UFISADI. Our children should be taught to abhor ufisadi from their childhood, short of that we heading for disaster!

A parent once told a story about his 8 yrs boy! When the boy was asked by his teacher what he want to be when became adult! The boy simply said I want to be a FISADI! Unfortunately his teach was a British she didn't understand this Swahili word! The inquiry was brought to the father for translation! THIS IS WHAT WE ARE GROOMING! A generation with aspirations to become VIFISADIS. An innocent child would never choose to be a FISADI when he/she would understand fully what UFISADI have done to our nation!

IF WE WANT REKINDLE THE ONCE LOST SPIRIT OF PATRIOTISM WE HAVE TO TEACH OUR CHILDREN, THIS TIME NOT AGANIST WAKOLONI AND IDD AMIN, AGANIST UFISADI NA MAFISADI!

Back
Top Bottom