Thinking with Voice on Hon. Pinda's Statement!

English Learner

JF-Expert Member
Jan 1, 2012
Some people have started to cheer following Mh. Pinda's statement stipulating the CC ceiling ranges for public big potatoes cars'. I also want to join them but before jumping into dancing, please help me to get a stand on the following questions:

1. Is the CC the only determinant of luxurious, extravagance, profligacy, etc?
  2. Cant there be a car of less CC but more expensive in purchasing, running and maintaining?
  3. Were the public through opposition camp condemning and lamenting the size of CCs or something bigger?
  4. Why didn't Mr. Hon. Pinda peg the car expenditures on acquisition cost, running, repair and maintenance rather than the CC?
I have never owned nor maintained a car. So, I exclusively rely on your comments to guide me through before I join those who are already cheering!

In a casual thinking, CC is positively correlated with car costs. Considerable exemptions are there, but I hope we can stop more than 80% of the leakage buy using this single criteria. Someone smarter could have thought better, but for Pinda, that is the maximum he can squeeze from his poor brain...

..... Considerable exemptions are there, ......

Does The Prime Minister and the government as a whole pay any Road License, Excise Duty, Import Tax, or VAT on Goods or Services to be enjoyed in rendering public duties? If No. How can they benefit from exemption?

ENGLISH LEARNER, "PINDA NI MUONGO.." BY G.LEMA

Tanzania Premier Pinda refuses new car; calls for accountability
By editor On 5 Dec, 2010 At 11:57 PM | Categorized As News | With 0 Comments
By GLV Correspondent.
Dar es Salaam-Tanzanian premier Pinda has refused to take his luxurious new Land cruiser VX 8 which cost Tanzania Shs 280 Million, saying that he has his old car and there is no need for the luxury car when most of Tanzanians live in poverty.
"If the car I was given by the government the first time I became prime minister is still serving the purpose, why a new one? No, my car is still in its form. If I take that new and expensive car, that would be misuse of public funds," Pinda said.
Swearing in for the second term recently, Mr. Pinda pledged his commitment to solving the problems of the majority of Tanzanians living in the rural areas, most of whom are farmers and pastoralists. He urged fellow MPs to rally behind him, noting that without assisting farmers in overcoming their obstacles, no tangible development would be attained.
"Whenever I introduce myself as a farmer's son, I am not joking. It is true that I am and would, therefore, like to urge all the MPs and other Tanzanians to help lift farmers, pastoralists and beekeepers out of abject poverty," said earlier the ruling Chama Cha Mapinduzi (CCM) politician.
Mr Pinda said that the new car is expensive for nothing, as he had his car which is still in good condition. He proposed that the luxury car should be given to another person.
Specifications
Toyota Land Cruiser VX-R8 Seater, 4.5L Turbo Diesel
Engine : 4.5 L Turbo Diesel
Transmission : 6 Speed Automatic
"Our Ministers and other leaders have this tendency of driving new cars and living a high life which takes a lot of money and I am calling all officials to minimize expenses and think of our local farmers who are too poor," Pinda narrated. According to the report Tanzania has more than 280 cars of the same model since 2008 which are now sold at low price to buy new ones.
Premier Pinda

Is better the government Keeps Hiring of vehicles in special safaris rather than Buying of any of the either cc's as it might be!!Ombi langu la muhimu ni kama serekali inaipenda hii nchi na watu wake, ni muhimu hayo magari ambayo wanasema wanataka kuyauza wakayauza kwenye Public Action ili kila mtazania aweze kuyanunua kwa kadri ya uwezo wake na pato litakalopatikana litumike Kuboresha Huduma Mahosipitalini!! Kwani hadi sasa ninavyoongea Madaktari wamegoma kutokana na ukosefu wa vifaa vya kutenedea kazi!! Sasa Serekali haioni ni Muhimu Kutumia Njia ya Kuyauza haya mashangingi kwa watu wenye Uwezo ili waweze Kupata hela nyingi kwa Matumizi ya shughuli za muhimu?
Ikumbukwe Kuna Gari Lilikuwa lipo Mwanza ambapo Muheshimiwa Mmoja ambaye Yupo Mbeya kwa sasa alilikataa kulitumia kama public vehicle kwa vile lilishatumika ila alikuwa Tayari kujikopeshea kwa bei Chee ili alitumia kama Mali Yake!! Say Gari ambalo kwa market Value ni TZS 80,000,000/- mTU anajikopeshea kwa TZS 2,500,000/- = JAMANI TUIONEE HURUMA HII NCHI NA WATU WAKE!!

mIMI Napendekeza mfumu huu wa kuuza kwa mnada kwani Magari hayo ni kodi za watanzania Wate na wafanyakazi ni waajiriwa tu kama ilivyo kwa mtu yeyote Hivyo naye ana Haki sawa na kodi Yake!!!

"Our Ministers and other leaders have this tendency of driving new cars and living a high life which takes a lot of money and I am calling all officials to minimize expenses and think of our local farmers who are too poor," Pinda narrated. According to the report Tanzania has more than 280 cars of the same model since 2008 which are now sold at low price to buy new ones.

this statement was issued by PM since Dec2010, from the same personwhat do you expect?

...... ni muhimu hayo magari ambayo wanasema wanataka kuyauza wakayauza kwenye Public Action ili kila mtazania aweze kuyanunua kwa kadri ya uwezo wake na pato litakalopatikana litumike Kuboresha Huduma Mahosipitalini!! Kwani hadi sasa ninavyoongea Madaktari wamegoma kutokana na ukosefu wa vifaa vya kutenedea kazi!! Sasa Serekali haioni ni Muhimu Kutumia Njia ya Kuyauza haya mashangingi kwa watu wenye Uwezo ili waweze Kupata hela nyingi kwa Matumizi ya shughuli za muhimu?

If you have some spare time, I recommend you to go through comments on the thread containing below excerpt:

At this juncture where patients are increasingly suffering and some forced into permanent incapabilities and death merely due to the absence of political will to settle Doctors' claims, and while litle brain propagandists are busy to capitalize on the KUB's repossession of V8, I've got one stupid idea; imagine Hon. Mbowe takes the V8 (public asset) into auction and handles the money from sales to MNH to be used in rescuing lives of innocent Tanzanians, what would happen unto him?

We need more Tanzanians of your thinking.

The Higher CC,the lower the Price...isiwe sporty or Coupe tuu..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using JamiiForums

In a casual thinking, CC is positively correlated with car costs. Considerable exemptions are there, but I hope we can stop more than 80% of the leakage buy using this single criteria. Someone smarter could have thought better, but for Pinda, that is the maximum he can squeeze from his poor brain...

Mr/madame Tuko I agree with you that size of the engine (cubic centimeters) is directly related to engine's expences such as fuel consumption and maintenance cost. However I have been dismayed by the abusive language you have used on Hon. Pinda. Hon Pinda is not a mechanical engineer hence what he outlined as cost cutting drive must have have been supplied to him by his experts, thus you have not been fair to Hon Pinda. Likewise I am not an engineer but I believe the bigger the size of the engine(cc) the higher the cost of running and maintaining the engine, the opposite is not true.

Does The Prime Minister and the government as a whole pay any Road License, Excise Duty, Import Tax, or VAT on Goods or Services to be enjoyed in rendering public duties? If No. How can they benefit from exemption?

They don't pay any of the above mentioned taxes but when it comes to running cost the same vehicle compare to a private one will consume more than the private one. There is a lot of loop holes whereby those cost are mostly human created so I think the problem is not only CC but how they are runned !

Some people have started to cheer following Mh. Pinda's statement stipulating the CC ceiling ranges for public big potatoes cars'. I also want to join them but before jumping into dancing, please help me to get a stand on the following questions:

1. Is the CC the only determinant of luxurious, extravagance, profligacy, etc?
  2. Cant there be a car of less CC but more expensive in purchasing, running and maintaining?
  3. Were the public through opposition camp condemning and lamenting the size of CCs or something bigger?
  4. Why didn't Mr. Hon. Pinda peg the car expenditures on acquisition cost, running, repair and maintenance rather than the CC?
I have never owned nor maintained a car. So, I exclusively rely on your comments to guide me through before I join those who are already cheering!

Normal service ya vigari vyetu kama RAV4 haizidi TShs. 100,000/= yaani kubadilisha filter na oil. Nasikia hayo yenu kina English Learner bila million hujafanya service ya kawaida

Last edited by a moderator:
I am afraid you quoted me wrong, may due to my poor english... in my statement I said "...CC is positively correlated with car costs. Considerable exemptions are there..." What I meant here is that positive correlation between CC and car costs is not exclusive for all cases, some cars may have low CC but high costs still, and vice versa... sorry for the confusion...

Mr/madame Tuko I agree with you that size of the engine (cubic centimeters) is directly related to engine's expences such as fuel consumption and maintenance cost. However I have been dismayed by the abusive language you have used on Hon. Pinda. Hon Pinda is not a mechanical engineer hence what he outlined as cost cutting drive must have have been supplied to him by his experts, thus you have not been fair to Hon Pinda. Likewise I am not an engineer but I believe the bigger the size of the engine(cc) the higher the cost of running and maintaining the engine, the opposite is not true.

Again, may I apologize for my poor languages... I wrote "poor brain" but was meaning to write "poor brains"... Hopefully that do not appear as abusive to PM... Does it?

Sorry Tuko
Your English is not as worse as that of the English Learner. The problem could be mine. When I read the word "exemptions " in relation to our topic, my understanding just went directly to associate it with TRA jargon where I wrongly thought you meant the cost would be reduced owing to considerable exemptions in taxes, customs, and excise duties in importation charged on CC bases. Nevertheless, I very much appreciate your tone of writing.

I am afraid you quoted me wrong, may due to my poor english... in my statement I said "...CC is positively correlated with car costs. Considerable exemptions are there..." What I meant here is that positive correlation between CC and car costs is not exclusive for all cases, some cars may have low CC but high costs still, and vice versa... sorry for the confusion...

Back
Top Bottom