The potential for Tanzania to be a regional power

When you vote them out, they steal votes and win. Now are you ready to go the "bush way", are you courageous enough. Even if you go there, how sure are we that corruption will end. Uganda is a case in point, Museveni went there and people died en masse, but isn't the same Uganda which is still corrupt today as it was even before. Hata Kenya watu walikufa kwa ajili ya mabadiliko, sasa je rushwa imekwisha? Suggest the wayforward, so that i can advise my TZ people. There's a thinking that we should start a war in TZ for change, because there's no any other option? Maana CCM inaonekana has positioned itself to rule forever, na Serikali yake ni corrupt to the tooth! Au MwanaFA una mikakati gani? We have been singing this for decades, now what we do? Kuna ule msemo, kwamba adui usiyemuweza, ungana naye..je na sisi tuungane nao tutafune rushwa kwa kwenda mbele? Now SHOULD WE GO KENYAN, BURUNDIAN, RWANDAN OR UGANDA WAY AND BUTCHER? US IN TANZANIA WE ARE EXPERIENCED IN CORRUPTION IN BUT NOT IN WARS, FOR OUR NEIGHBORS YOU HAVE BEEN IN BOTH. CAN THEN THE LATTER HELP TO SOLVE THE FORMER? BECAUSE WE ARE ABOUT TO TRY IT BUT ARE NOTE SURE!

My friend let me give you a true story which will illustrate the problem we have in Tanzania and in Tanzania in general. Afterwards you will realize that it is mostly due to us the people rather than politicians that we are where we are right now.

I live in Dar but my home village is in Tanga. Since my family has strong roots there we are very involved with what is going on there. So even since I was young I knew everything that was going on in my home constituency.

So we had an unpopular MP at one time. I was still very young so I don't remember his name. Every body in the village was talking about how they were fed up with him and wanted him out. The wave of opposition was very strong that there was no doubt the man was going to get dropped.

Election times come and of course everybody was expecting to get a new MP. Even the opposition MP was very confident he was going to win. Now come election day guess what? Everybody who was opposed to the MP didn't show up to vote. Why? They so no need to thinking that surely others would vote him out. So even though the election turnout was very low the incumbent won because his supporters went to vote.

My point is my friend people complain that the system is corrupt or that elections are rigged but those who say that don't bother to vote. How can you complain that your vote doesn't count if you never vote? Vote is still the best tool for change but we don't use it. Now you are suggesting violence might be the only way we can make changes while overlooking the fact that people DON'T VOTE!

The ruling class continues to rule because they go out of their way to find votes. Our opposition parties are done once campaign season is done. They do little or nothing at all to try and build bases in rural areas which is where most people are. If nobody knows your party or your candidate what are they to do? Vote for "Nyerere's party".

So there you go. Our problem is that we don't vote and the opposition parties aren't doing enough to gain the support of the people. What follows is that non voters complain that their voices are not heard and opposition parties complain of foul play.

The desire to be a regional power is the cause of almost all international conflicts.

The desire to be a regional power is the cause of almost all international conflicts.

And scarcity of resources is another cause of conflict. The truth is that we have to be self sufficient and self reliable. There is a lot of potential for internal conflicts and international conflicts too when one is poor. Either way conflicts and tensions are always there when you have to co-exists. There is conflicts among family members, conflict among neighbors, conflict among coworkers etc. So the fear of conflict shouldn't stop one from pursuing a better life.

Also the chances of conflict in East Africa are very low as we move forward. As our economies become integrated so does our interests. Meaning that it will rich a point where the success of one will be the success of another and the failure of one the failure of another. So whether we turn this into a rivalry or a partnership is up to us.

Lastly, everybody desires to be a power and gain influence. If it is not us it's someone else so following your principal then conflict will occur whether we seek to be a regional power or not. But you must also understand that if Tanzania lags too behind other nation it will also be putting itself at a risk both economically and security wise. because if the countries surrounding you move far beyond you will will have to settle for the position of being a "yes man" to them or risk facing their wrath.

Kilembwe, nakusoma. Unajua huyu Smatta ni mtu wa kutukana, na si chuki dhidi yake. Ni wale watu usipokubaliana nao, kazi yao ni matusi. Nimeanza naye zamani sana na wahuni wenzake kina Nomasana, Nyalarego na wengine. Unless kama ni mgeni kwako.Wanataka ku-impose interests zao za Kikenya kwa Watanzania kitu ambacho hakiwezekani..Kenya siyo Tanzania, and it will never be! As for MwanaFA, war is the last thing i would think of, it is not even in our culture, was just trying think the other way round, kwa sababu baadhi ya watu wachache wanadhani hivyo. Nitashauri watu wengi wajitokeze kupiga kura!

Kilembwe, nakusoma. Unajua huyu Smatta ni mtu wa kutukana, na si chuki dhidi yake. Ni wale watu usipokubaliana nao, kazi yao na matusi. Nimeanza naye zamani sana na wahuni wenzake kina Nomasana, Nyalarego na wengine. Unless kama ni mgeni kwako.Wanataka ku-impose interests zao za Kikenya kwa Watanzania kitu ambacho hakiwezekani..Kenya siyo Tanzania, and it will never be! As for MwanaFA, war is the last thing i would think of, it is not even in our culture, was just trying think the other way round, kwa sababu baadhi ya watu wachache wanadhani hivyo. Nitashauri watu wengi wajitokeze!

ungefanyakazi IMMIGRATION ya TZ naamini ungeisafisha vizuri sana,wale wote wanaonunua passports na work permitts ungewakomesha,we need people like you pale UHAMIAJI.

Back
Top Bottom