The Manchester City (The Citizens) | Special Thread

🚨🚨| BREAKING: Éderson might LEAVE Man City in the summer if a good offer comes in! 🇧🇷👋

Saudi Pro League clubs are already interested, and Éderson is considering his options for the end of the season.

[@FabrizioRomano]

🚨🚨| BREAKING: Éderson might LEAVE Man City in the summer if a good offer comes in! 🇧🇷👋

Saudi Pro League clubs are already interested, and Éderson is considering his options for the end of the season.

[@FabrizioRomano]
Wabrazil wanatafuta hela kijana anataka kulipwa vizuri

Davidoo

Attachments

• 20240524_102713.jpg
    20240524_102713.jpg
    668.3 KB · Views: 6
I don’t think we praise Pep Guardiola enough.

Bernardo Silva came from Monaco (the same place a certain Bakayoko came to Chelsea from).

Ederson and Ruben Dias came from the Portuguese League (not even a top 5 European league).

Manuel Akanji arrived without any fanfare from Borussia Dortmund.

Ilkay Gundogan came on a free transfer from Borussia Dortmund.

Rodri was a benchwarmer at Atletico Madrid.

Gabriel Jesus came from the Brazilian league.

Leroy Sane arrived as an unproven kid from Schalke 04.

John Stones wasn’t even among the top 30 best defenders in England when he came from Everton in 2016.

Nathan Ake came from relegated Bournemouth, three years after being rejected by Chelsea.

These are 10 players who have been instrumental to City’s success, and none of them were considered “big buys” at the time.

They were just “normal” everyday EPL signings.

NONE OF THEM WERE WORLD-CLASS PLAYERS WHEN THEY WERE SIGNED.

None of them. Okay, maybe Gundogan. But the rest were not world-class players.

Had they signed for any other team, nobody would have cared.

Yes, some of them came with big transfer fees, but that’s due to the nature of the modern-day transfer market. You can check how much Manchester United paid for Antony, Liverpool for Nunez, or Chelsea for Lukaku to understand what I mean.

These players are arguably on the same level as the following 10 players from Liverpool at the time of their signings:

• Fabinho
  • Alisson
  • Virgil Van Dijk
  • Naby Keita
  • Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
  • Darwin Nunez
  • Andy Robertson
  • Gini Wijnaldum
  • Mo Salah
  • Sadio Mane

These players are arguably on the same level as the following 10 Manchester United players at the time of their signings:

• Harry Maguire
  • Victor Lindelof
  • Paul Pogba
  • Zlatan Ibrahimovic
  • Cristiano Ronaldo
  • Jadon Sancho
  • Raphael Varane
  • Fred
  • Alexis Sanchez
  • Antony

These players are arguably on the same level as the following 10 Chelsea players at the time of their signings:

• Tiemoue Bakayoko
  • Hakim Ziyech
  • Jorginho
  • Alvaro Morata
  • Kai Havertz
  • Timo Werner
  • Raheem Sterling
  • Antonio Rudiger
  • Thiago Silva
  • Moises Caicedo

These players are arguably on the same level as the following 10 Arsenal players at the time of their signings:

• Kai Havertz
  • Gabriel Jesus
  • Oleksandr Zinchenko
  • Nicolas Pepe
  • Gabriel Martinelli
  • William Saliba
  • Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
  • Alexandre Lacazette
  • Lucas Torreira
  • Ben White

These are 10 players I randomly selected from these teams who were signed after Pep came to City.

Now, look at the ten players each team signed, and then tell me with a straight face that, at the time of signing, the City players were head and shoulders better than those signed by the other teams.

I leave it to you and your conscience to be the judge.

No matter what you and your conscience agree on, we are underrating the level of player development going on at Manchester City.

How average and above-average players are signed by this club and turned into world-class players deserves applause.

I say this because, while other teams can list players who came in and flopped massively, you can’t count more than five players who Guardiola signed that flopped massively.

From the academy, to the scouts, to the physios/medical team, to the sporting directors, to the management, they are doing something right at that club called Manchester City.

Every team that wants to be successful in today’s football needs to study the Manchester City blueprint.

Vincent Kompany will still become a future Manchester City manager, insists Pep Guardiola.

Pep: “Yeah. Yeah, yeah for sure. You will call me when this is going to happen…”

Pep Guardiola on Vincent Kompany : “It doesn’t matter if he was relegated with Burnley. What I felt against him, and I know him a little, I have a high opinion about his work, as a person, his personality, knowledge of the game, and how he handles the media, and many things…”

Pep Guardiola on Vincent Kompany to Bayern Munich: “I’m happy with that link, if this happens, that Bayern are linked to Vinny. I have a huge, huge opinion about Vinny…”

Pep Guardiola: “I’d love Bayern to take the best decision [on their next manager], they deserve it, I’m in love with Bayern Munich for many reasons, especially people that are there. If they believe Vincent Kompany is right, they have a guy we will support unconditionally…”

BREAKING: Ilkay Gündogan plans to return to #ManCity to say a 'proper farewell' to supporters.

Gundogan: "If not on the pitch next season, I will hopefully certainly find another opportunity. The Club, this team and the Manchester City fans will always be worth a visit!"

Ilkay Gündogan on last season’s FA Cup final: “I have very fond memories of that day. After all, I scored the fastest final goal in FA Cup history to date as well as a second after half-time. The atmosphere at Wembley was outstanding. I still get goosebumps when I think on that day. It couldn’t have been a better to start a game like that. I ran to the corner flag and was cheered on by my teammates. The #ManCity fans on the other side of Wembley were making a lot of noise. You couldn’t miss it.”

— Manchester City

Ilkay Gündogan on his favourite moments at #ManCity: “I had an incredible seven years in Manchester and so many memories. Obviously achieving the Treble and finally winning the Champions League as club captain last season is top. Everyone knows it was a dream of mine to win the Champions League and to be able to finally do that in Istanbul was amazing. It’s also hard not to mention the final day against Aston Villa in 2021/22. Scoring two goals to help us comeback to win the Premier League title was another brilliant day for the club and in my career.”

— Manchester City

Ilkay Gündogan : “Every final and every title won with #ManCity was special. Given my brace [in the FA Cup final] and the win against our Manchester rivals, I would definitely give this game in my top three career moments.”

— Manchester City

Nimefurahi sana Kipara kufungwa na Mwacity wake maana mlitudhulumu Chelsea SC penati halali kabisa ya FA semi final iliyotokana na faulo ya Pamer.

FFP 115 Rudini kwenye timu zenu za awali "Man Utd SC, Liverpool SC, Arsenal SC na Chelsea SC"

Ubinadamu ni kazi/The humanity is a work.

Sisi kufungwa na kupoteza kombe kama fa wala hatuna wasiwasi kabisa ....

Kiufupi tumeshinda makombe mpaka tunakuwa bored kuanza kupambania makombe madogo kama haya ....

Tumeamua kumpa nyumbu hili kombe na yeye ajisikia Ni miuongoni MWA timu kubwa Duniani 😂

Attachments

• 20240525_220223.jpg
    20240525_220223.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 6
Week nzima wachezaji wamelewa baada ya kushinda EPL na kuweka historia kubwa Sana Dunian....
Huu mwaka tumeshinda super cup ,club world cup ,pl .....

Tunashinda makombe makubwa tu yenye maana ,muda WA kuanza kulilia fa tulishaachia timu ndogo kama man U ,...

Kitu pekee tunachoweza kulia tukipotea Sisi Ni CL na PL .....

Ndio maana mpaka Jana ,wachezaji Hakuna aliyesikitika ..

Pep aliwambia "guys ,just play football, if you win it's okay ,if you don't win it's okay let go .."

Saizi hatutumii nguvu kubwa ,maboss kama Sisi tuanzee kukamia kombe la fa 🤔

Back
Top Bottom