The Manchester City (The Citizens) | Special Thread

Tomorrow
FB_IMG_16149582264063285.jpg

Pep Guardiola: "Riyad @Mahrez22 has a special quality. He dances on the pitch, he doesn't lose the ball, he attracts more opponents. His movements attract players and he creates more spaces." [via @TyMarshall_MEN]

Pep Guardiola: "Bernardo is skinny, not tall, but his recovery is amazing. That is what we like from day one - the solidarity and friendship to run for your team-mates. To finish the way we did at the end is a really good night for us." [via ManCity]

Christian Falk on the clubs that could sign Haaland:

“They [Chelsea] will bid, but it will be difficult. Similarly, United are not one of the top clubs in Europe at the moment. I don’t think Liverpool can either; they lack the necessary funds.

“Manchester City have a luxury situation that they think about, do we bid for Harry Kane, or do we bid for Haaland, or both? If they try, both are not easy, but it just shows what kind of power is behind them"

“The only one they have to fear in the end is maybe Real Madrid, but they also have a bit of money problems, so - #ManCity are high favourites for Haaland if Dortmund sells him in the summer.”

[SportWitness via @BILD]
IMG_20210306_092721_312.jpg

Pep Guardiola on Manchester United : "They're so strong in all departments; defensively. Bruno Fernandes , the speed up front with Daniel James , Marcus Rashford , Anthony Martial . The experience of Edi Cavani - a player I admire the most for what he's done with his career. It's Manchester City - a privilege to compete with them to be in front of them. Tomorrow [Sunday] is no exception. It's our target to do what we've done later.. "

Joao Cancelo:

“I didn't expect to arrive at the derby with this gap [14 points], but I believe it's from our hard work. All the credit to the Manchester City players, staff, everyone who analyses, chefs who prepare meals - everyone had a contribution towards our wins and good form..."

“The way we train, it is not a surprise. Anyone who sees our daily training sessions can see that this is normal. We are a very unified group of players, dedicated and always ready to help each other. This year we are showing what a great team we are..."

"We want to continue this way, is important for the competitions we are playing, to fight for each one of them."

#MCFC | #ManCity

De Bruyne revealed how Mourinho triggered his Chelsea departure:

"There was so much in the press about my relationship with Jose Mourinho. But the truth is that I only ever spoke to him twice. The plan was always for me to go on loan for a bit."

"Jose called me into his office in December, and it was probably the second big life-changing moment for me. He had some papers in front of him, and he said, 'One assist. Zero goals. Ten recoveries'. It took me a minute to understand what he was doing."

Then he started reading the stats of the other attacking forwards - Willian, Oscar, Mata, Schurrle. And it's like - 5 goals, 10 assists, whatever. Jose was just kind of waiting for me to say something, and finally I saidBut some of these guys have played 15, 20 games. I've only played three. So it's going to be different, no?' It was so strange. I was completely honest. I said, 'I feel like the club doesn't really want me here. I want to play football. I'd rather you sell me."

TheChelseaFC

Back
Top Bottom