THE FIRST KENYAN ever to become a British Police

MaxShimba

JF-Expert Member
Apr 11, 2008

thumb.php

Jesee Karanga

The first Kenyan police officer in Britain has achieved countless arrests during his four months since he joined Lincolnshire Police.
JESEE KARANGA KENYA PICS 002.JPG

From a village in Kenya, Jesee Karanga (30), set a life-long ambition to move to the UK and become a police officer, overcoming challenges like raising money for Kenyan school fees to gain a good enough education.

The first Kenyan police officer in Britain has achieved countless arrests during his four months since he joined Lincolnshire Police.

From a village in Kenya, Jesee Karanga (30), set a life-long ambition to move to the UK and become a police officer, overcoming challenges like raising money for Kenyan school fees to gain a good enough education.

Living in a mud and straw hut in Mbari-ya-Maingi with a his mum, dad and four siblings, Karanga had no free access to education, and despite having 10,000 people fundraising for him, he still didn't have enough to finance his secondary education, getting sent home numerous times.
Karanga said: "Every time I was sent home I used to sneak back and because the teachers liked me, they used to swap classes so the headmaster didn't see me."

Despite his efforts, Karanga would not be able to sit his final exams without paying the school fees, so he travelled over 100 miles to Nairobi to see the Director of Education for Kenya. She permitted him to take the exams and he went on to pass.

Running a small business creating posters, he managed to pay off his schooling debts but got his lucky break when he met the Business Community Manager at HMRC Staff College at Lawress Hall, near Lincoln, who was visiting a school in Nairobi where Karanga was working.
The woman he met in Nairobi is now his wife, and helped him move to the UK and follow-up his ambition to become a police officer.
Karanga has not forgotten the help he received from the people of his village and is now returning the favour.

Karanga visits home at least once a year, taking suitcases full of clothes and handouts to give to the deprived areas

"It gives me so much pleasure to be able to give something back to them."

Not satisfied with this, he will be going to Mbari-ya-Maingi at the end of the month to meet with officials and try and get his latest project of building an academy, consisting of a primary and secondary school alongside a small university.

"I hope that young deprived people from the area and from all over Kenya will have the opportunity to receive a full education," said Karanga.
Jesee Karanga will be in Kenya for two weeks at the end of August before returning back to his beat in Lincoln.

http://thelincolnite.co.uk/2011/08/kenyan-lincoln-police-officer/

Anything to be proud of? why not be the first Kenyan Astronaut in NASA? I think for Kenyans even the first Kenyan prisoner in UK is something to brag off...

Mbona yuko mtazania police siku nyingi,alianzia kazi kituo cha police Greenwich

THE FIRST KENYAN ever to become a British Police

??????
Is it the first Kenyan to become a British Policeman? or to become a British Police?
I suppose the British Police is an Institution.

Inawezekana kuna watanzania wengi ni polisi huko Ulaya lakini mshumaa hauwekwi chini ya uvungu.

Kenyans are proud of what they achieve be it small.
Look at how they promoted a tiny village where Obama's dad was born, what are we doing with our own Butiama??
We house the highest peak in Africa lakini wakenya ndo wanafaidika.

Tukubali kwamba wakenya kuna baadhi ya mambo wanatuzidi kwa mbali sana........

Inawezekana kuna watanzania wengi ni polisi huko Ulaya lakini mshumaa hauwekwi chini ya uvungu.<br />
<br />
Kenyans are proud of what they achieve be it small. <br />
Look at how they promoted a tiny village where Obama's dad was born, what are we doing with our own Butiama??<br />
We house the highest peak in Africa lakini wakenya ndo wanafaidika.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Dunia imegeuka chini-juu inatubidi tuanze kusifia hata upuuzi kama wenzetu....!!!? Khaaa!

Tuna kazi kubwa. Nilisikia ati kumbe watanzania wanawaonea wivu wakenya kwa kisomo chao.

Anything to be proud of? why not be the first Kenyan Astronaut in NASA? I think for Kenyans even the first Kenyan prison in UK is something to brag off...
<br />

It seems u r too idle or full of envy, great achievements r made of small ones. Ur posts r always miopic and senseless. We celebrate anyone who overcomes all odds to make something out of him/herself, I know in Tanzania this is a strange phenomenon coz u r used to mediocrity.Ua anti kenya sentiments do not add value to u or any Tanzanian .Be reasonable, I thot this is a 'home of great thinkers '
<br />

<br />

It seems u r too idle or full of envy, great achievements r made of small ones. Ur posts r always miopic and senseless. We celebrate anyone who overcomes all odds to make something out of him/herself, I know in Tanzania this is a strange phenomenon coz u r used to mediocrity.Ua anti kenya sentiments do not add value to u or any Tanzanian .Be reasonable, I thot this is a 'home of great thinkers '
<br />
Stop your insults to Tanzanians we are trying to co-exist peacefully with Kenyans but impostors like you will make it intolerable. There is a lot of Tanzanians holding senior positions in key world bodies one example is the current UN Deputy Secretary but you don't see us bragging here. Btw, do yo have to post every little insignificant thing like that in the Forum of Great Thinkers?

Stop your insults to Tanzanians we are trying to co-exist peacefully with Kenyans but impostors like you will make it intolerable. There is a lot of Tanzanians holding senior positions in key world bodies one example is the current UN Deputy Secretary but you don't see us bragging here. Btw, do yo have to post every little insignificant thing like that in the Forum of Great Thinkers?
thank u man, you better tell that fool! That guy being a police is an individual achievement and is irrelevant to the forum of a great thinker! nothing inspirational, may be if it is a great deal in Kenya; a nation claiming to be of highly skilled individuals!

<br />
<br />
Dunia imegeuka chini-juu inatubidi tuanze kusifia hata upuuzi kama wenzetu....!!!? Khaaa!

Mwendabure kuna kitu positive ktk story ya huyu dogo.

Wanasema "he is a first Kenyan to become a British policeman", ukisoma unagundua anatoka familia masikini. Ni wangapi ya vijana wa kikenya au hata Tanzania walio kwenye hali duni wanaweza kuwa inspired na mafanikio ya kijana mwenzao?
Upande chanya wa kijana huyu ana moyo wa kurudisha fadhila maana anataka kujenga shule kwao, hao mapolisi wetu mnaowasema wamefanya nini??

Ukweli ni kwamba hatuthamini vya kwetu, yule mzee aliyevumbua Tanzanite analalama kila siku hajapewa haki stahiki na dunia wala haimjui wakati alitakiwa awe anaogelea kwenye neema. Wale vijana walituletea facebook wananuka utajiri kwa sasa.

Mzee Nyirenda aliyetupandishia bendera ya uhuru kilimanjaro anajulikana wapi, kafa mtu masikini tu? Alikuwa analipwa kutumika kwenye stempu za posta??

Huyo mama Migiro ni wangapi wanajua ni mtanzania?? Kwa nini hatujajivuna kuwa nae kama sio ile hulka ya tuko vile tulivyo kwa mapenzi ya Mungu??

Wakati sisi tunaita tambo za wakenya ni bragging wenzetu wanaingiza hela. Huyo dogo hatajenga hiyo shule kwa hela yake, watu watataka kuji-identify na mafanikio ya mkenya wa kwanza kuwa polisi ungereza.

Wakati mwingine si rahisi kujitambua kwamba una wivu........

Inawezekana kuna watanzania wengi ni polisi huko Ulaya lakini mshumaa hauwekwi chini ya uvungu.

Kenyans are proud of what they achieve be it small.
Look at how they promoted a tiny village where Obama's dad was born, what are we doing with our own Butiama??
We house the highest peak in Africa lakini wakenya ndo wanafaidika.

waambie

Back
Top Bottom