Tears on our flags by Mwanahamisi Singano

Ottopani

Jul 21, 2019
Monday, August 19, 2019
Tears on our Flags

Tears on our Flags

Mwanahamisi 'Mishy' Singano

@MSalimu

If only flags could have emotions, they would be shedding tears right now. Who wouldn’t be? I, for one, am angered! My tears are running dry. And my blood is boiling.

To say we are in tough times in the continent is to put it mildly. Blood streams in Sudan have not dried (luckily, I hear there is a deal, finally). Streets in Zimbabwe are witnessing brutalization of the ‘people’, especially women. Petrol bombs are having a moment in Malawi. Stella Nyanzi is jailed for protesting against the master in Uganda and critics are being ‘dealt with’ where I come from.

I mean, the continent is full of conflicts fueled by patriarchal obsession of oppression and control of everything custodians of patriarchy believe they own, including our mind, emotions, and voices.

Half a century ago, our flags were the sign of our liberation, the pride of our unity, and symbol of our triumph against brutal colonial regimes. I guess what we had won then, as a people, was the fight against (the white) colonialists. Sadly, we totally forget to win the fight against the oppressive rulers coming in different shapes, colors, and sizes.

Now, we are embracing class divides. We, the ruled, are forced to assume that we are the same as the rulers, that we fought together for our freedom. Shamelessly, they even treat the rest of us as traitors if we dare question the smell of colonialism in them.

Honestly, if you take a look left and right, you will clearly know and see our fights are different and our struggles are particular. We fought for their freedom to enslave and oppress us. What a mind game well played, African old boys’ club.

Here I am, a faithful Pan-Africanist, preaching Ubuntu of African people, ready to go to war with anyone who profiles and stereotype Africans, vocal on the illicit financial flows from Africa, and foreign extraction of our precious natural resources. However, I know I should equally be vocal against internal extraction and corruption. Yes, and an active fighter of oppression within.

The truth is, it is easy and safe to question others but it takes dedication and bravery to fight your very own, especially when your own are senseless and the coldest; who will never blink an eye in televised conferences, condemning you for being prostitutes or members of organized crime, if you are lucky to escape framed money laundering and sedition charges or fortunate enough not to be abducted from out of nowhere and disappear with no trace.

I am angered because I know what is right and what is wrong; I know this is not what we fought for. I hear noises and screams, “we need development before freedom and personal agency.” Gee! I am shocked, I thought we have settled that debate with the independent struggles and fight against colonialism. Or does that mean we have only fought against mzungu colonialists but we are super happy with the black ones? To put it bluntly, we are extremely brutalized economically, physically, and emotionally by our very own yet we feel ashamed and threatened to call it what it is - brutality.

As a feminist, I can have a pass to say this because am used to be called and labeled ‘angry, emotional and often an irrational and desperate women.’ Yes, I am angry because my anger is the sum of the love I have for my people, the people I call friends, comrades, and family. I love them too much to the extent that their oppression becomes my oppression.

I am angered of the hate rulers have towards the very same people who pledged on their behalf, in the name of the constitution, to protect, nurture, and love. I am angered by the hypocrisy of our people who see no reason to question, act or defend our rights to personal liberty and freedom. I am angered by those who tell me to use a decent language as if the oppressor oppresses us decently.

Sadly, it is fashionable now to separate our spirit with what they call political. The underlying purpose is to legitimize oppression and limit resistance, leaving a few to take on the hard battle and become so exposed to highest level of retaliation by the black colonialists. The majority who consciously and/or unconsciously accept to be apolitical are left suffocated with illusions of safety and/or a desire to be promoted to the inner circle of the oppressors.

The tears and sufferings of the significant few, who choose to fight oppression for all of us, are left to self-dry. I am afraid if we can’t cry with them and hold their heads up high with pride and dignity, their dried tears may be bloodstreams of many. May that bloody and gloomy doomsday not come.

I am convinced our flags hanging on top of us are witnessing the pain in us. They, too, are in tears. But their resilience to stand tall come rain, came sun, should reminds us, as Audre Lorde recalls Malcolm X’s reminder, that "we are not responsible for our oppression, but we must be responsible for our own liberation."

Ngoja niitafute ile kamusi yangu ya English-Swahili nisome nielewe ndipo nije kuchangia, maana hizi ni lugha za watu.
Tena this time sitawatafsiria wale wenzangu na mimi ambao hakipandi nisije kunyooshewa vidole na kutuhumiwa ninachongea watu.
P
Watu wengi hawakuelewi namna unavyowasilisha hoja zako humu jamvini kwa 'style' ya kunguru muoga hukimbiza mbawa zake! Toka uhojiwe 'kwenye mjengo' naona ukiamua ubadilishe namna ya uwasilishaji wa mada zako ili ku 'prolong career' yako. Hongera kwa hilo l umefanikiwa

Watu wengi hawakuelewi namna unavyowasilisha hoja zako humu jamvini kwa 'style' ya kunguru muoga hukimbiza mbawa zake! Toka uhojiwe 'kwenye mjengo' naona ukiamua ubadilishe namna ya uwasilishaji wa mada zako ili ku 'prolong career' yako. Hongera kwa hilo l umefanikiwa
Mkuu Murisi, we are following the law of the jungle, its constant struggle for existence, survival is for the fittest, ili kuweza ku fit, inakubidi kwenda na wakati na kubadilika na mabadiliko, yaani you change with time, ukishindwa kwenda na kasi ya mabadiliko, it's either mabadiliko yatakubadilisha, ili uendane nayo, au yatakusomba na uta perish and be no more, mimi I'm a survivor ndio maana bado nipo still kicking.
P

Ngoja niitafute ile kamusi yangu ya English-Swahili nisome nielewe ndipo nije kuchangia, maana hizi ni lugha za watu.
Tena this time sitawatafsiria wale wenzangu na mimi ambao hakipandi nisije kunyooshewa vidole na kutuhumiwa ninachongea watu.
P

Ili upambane nae? Hahahaaaaaaaaa, mengine yanahitaji tafakari

P
Huyu kaiweka kwa hii lugha akilenga kuwahabarisha waliompa kazi hii yakua anaifanya barabara,ni mshenzi tu kama walivyo washenzi wengine,yupo kazini anasaka tonge kupitia ujasiriamali wa uandishi habari .
Paskal ni wapi hapa duniani usawa upo,hayo hayo mataifa anayoyajulisha ya kwetu ili wachukue hatua ndio yanayoongoza kwa unyanyasaji duniani ,si Amerika and his allies,ndio wanaoisumbua dunia.
Mwache aandike ,ila ajue anatumika kama toilet paper, mwisho akimaliza kuwapatia njia ya kututenda naye atajua madhara ya kazi anayoifanya .si ana ukoo,hatauzoa kwenda nao huko alikoandaliwa makazi.

Hana mazuri ya kuandika kuhusu taifa letu?

WATANZANIA TUMEKUWA TUNACHEZA SANA NA THEORY ZA KUONGOZA MIFUMO YA NCHI IKIWA NI PAMOJA NA KUONGOZA SEKTA MBALIMBALI NA KUJIPA MAISHA MAGUMU BILA SABABU ZA MASINGI JAMBO LA KUJIULIZA NINI MAANA YA SEKTA BINAFSI KATIKA UANDAAJI WA SERIKALI YA VIWANDA?

PRIVATE SECTOR NI MAAMUZI YA KUONGOZA TAASISI AU PRIVATE SECTOR NI FEDHA (MISHAHARA) ZA KUONGOZA TAASISI?

MFANO
TPDC
STAMICO
MRI
TANROAD

HAKIKA HAKUNA ANAYEINGILIA MAAMUZI YA STAMICO, TANROAD N.K IKIWA NI KULIPA FIDIA? KUELIMISHA JAMII>>>> N.K

KILA LA KHERI KATIKA MAPAMBANO YA MITAJI ISIYO FIKIWA KWA KIZINGIZIO CHA PRIVATE SECTOR...

KWA MUJIBU WA RAISI MWANAMKE LIBERIA UJAMAA ULIOELIMIKA NDIO UMESHINDA.... TUTAWAJIBU TU

HALMASHAURI YA KICHWA (AKILI ZA KUAMBIWA CHANGANYA NA ZAKWAKO/MBAYUWAYU)

Mnajivika unyonge pasipo sababu za maana. Badala ya kujiuliza namna ambavyo fursa za kimaisha zinaweza kupatikana wakati huu nchi nzima pakiwa na ujenzi wa barabara na viwanja vya ndege, watu wanajipa unyonge wa mitandaoni.
WATANZANIA TUMEKUWA TUNACHEZA SANA NA THEORY ZA KUONGOZA MIFUMO YA NCHI IKIWA NI PAMOJA NA KUONGOZA SEKTA MBALIMBALI NA KUJIPA MAISHA MAGUMU BILA SABABU ZA MASINGI JAMBO LA KUJIULIZA NINI MAANA YA SEKTA BINAFSI KATIKA UANDAAJI WA SERIKALI YA VIWANDA?

PRIVATE SECTOR NI MAAMUZI YA KUONGOZA TAASISI AU PRIVATE SECTOR NI FEDHA (MISHAHARA) ZA KUONGOZA TAASISI?

MFANO
TPDC
STAMICO
MRI
TANROAD

HAKIKA HAKUNA ANAYEINGILIA MAAMUZI YA STAMICO, TANROAD N.K IKIWA NI KULIPA FIDIA? KUELIMISHA JAMII>>>> N.K

KILA LA KHERI KATIKA MAPAMBANO YA MITAJI ISIYO FIKIWA KWA KIZINGIZIO CHA PRIVATE SECTOR...

KWA MUJIBU WA RAISI MWANAMKE LIBERIA UJAMAA ULIOELIMIKA NDIO UMESHINDA.... TUTAWAJIBU TU

umenikumbusha nyimbo ya Judy Boucher " tears on my pillow"

MFANO
TPDC
STAMICO
MRI
TANROAD

MFANO
TPDC
STAMICO
MRI
TANROAD

Ujamaa ulioelimika uliwashinda Warusi na ukubwa wao wa taifa na uzalendo wao unaofundishwa tokea chekechea itakuja kuwa sisi waafrika tunao copy na paste!?.

Hebu wae
Mnajivika unyonge pasipo sababu za maana. Badala ya kujiuliza namna ambavyo fursa za kimaisha zinaweza kupatikana wakati huu nchi nzima pakiwa na ujenzi wa barabara na viwanja vya ndege, watu wanajipa unyonge wa mitandaoni.
Hebu waeleze. Fursa kibao kwa vijana zinatangazwa TCB, wengibne wamekalia station za miziki halafu wanalalamika hawana ajira. Kiwanda cha madini kinafunguliwa haya wale wa Geology Mpoo. Kiswahili ni lugha moja wapo SADC mliosomea kiswahili je mpo? \mmejiandaaje?

P

UKimaliza uka Msnitch na huyu kama yule mwingine ?

By the way jana nimekusikia una waambia wenzio wasiondoke ili uwape SUP, Tupoatie na siis mabaki ya SUP.

Huyu kaiweka kwa hii lugha akilenga kuwahabarisha waliompa kazi hii yakua anaifanya barabara,ni mshenzi tu kama walivyo washenzi wengine,yupo kazini anasaka tonge kupitia ujasiriamali wa uandishi habari .
Paskal ni wapi hapa duniani usawa upo,hayo hayo mataifa anayoyajulisha ya kwetu ili wachukue hatua ndio yanayoongoza kwa unyanyasaji duniani ,si Amerika and his allies,ndio wanaoisumbua dunia.
Mwache aandike ,ila ajue anatumika kama toilet paper, mwisho akimaliza kuwapatia njia ya kututenda naye atajua madhara ya kazi anayoifanya .si ana ukoo,hatauzoa kwenda nao huko alikoandaliwa makazi.

Hana mazuri ya kuandika kuhusu taifa letu?

MKuu kwanini wew usiandike hayo mazuri? japo hata mstari mmoja?

Monday, August 19, 2019
Tears on our Flags

Tears on our Flags

Mwanahamisi 'Mishy' Singano

@MSalimu

If only flags could have emotions, they would be shedding tears right now. Who wouldn’t be? I, for one, am angered! My tears are running dry. And my blood is boiling.

To say we are in tough times in the continent is to put it mildly. Blood streams in Sudan have not dried (luckily, I hear there is a deal, finally). Streets in Zimbabwe are witnessing brutalization of the ‘people’, especially women. Petrol bombs are having a moment in Malawi. Stella Nyanzi is jailed for protesting against the master in Uganda and critics are being ‘dealt with’ where I come from.

I mean, the continent is full of conflicts fueled by patriarchal obsession of oppression and control of everything custodians of patriarchy believe they own, including our mind, emotions, and voices.

Half a century ago, our flags were the sign of our liberation, the pride of our unity, and symbol of our triumph against brutal colonial regimes. I guess what we had won then, as a people, was the fight against (the white) colonialists. Sadly, we totally forget to win the fight against the oppressive rulers coming in different shapes, colors, and sizes.

Now, we are embracing class divides. We, the ruled, are forced to assume that we are the same as the rulers, that we fought together for our freedom. Shamelessly, they even treat the rest of us as traitors if we dare question the smell of colonialism in them.

Honestly, if you take a look left and right, you will clearly know and see our fights are different and our struggles are particular. We fought for their freedom to enslave and oppress us. What a mind game well played, African old boys’ club.

Here I am, a faithful Pan-Africanist, preaching Ubuntu of African people, ready to go to war with anyone who profiles and stereotype Africans, vocal on the illicit financial flows from Africa, and foreign extraction of our precious natural resources. However, I know I should equally be vocal against internal extraction and corruption. Yes, and an active fighter of oppression within.

The truth is, it is easy and safe to question others but it takes dedication and bravery to fight your very own, especially when your own are senseless and the coldest; who will never blink an eye in televised conferences, condemning you for being prostitutes or members of organized crime, if you are lucky to escape framed money laundering and sedition charges or fortunate enough not to be abducted from out of nowhere and disappear with no trace.

I am angered because I know what is right and what is wrong; I know this is not what we fought for. I hear noises and screams, “we need development before freedom and personal agency.” Gee! I am shocked, I thought we have settled that debate with the independent struggles and fight against colonialism. Or does that mean we have only fought against mzungu colonialists but we are super happy with the black ones? To put it bluntly, we are extremely brutalized economically, physically, and emotionally by our very own yet we feel ashamed and threatened to call it what it is - brutality.

As a feminist, I can have a pass to say this because am used to be called and labeled ‘angry, emotional and often an irrational and desperate women.’ Yes, I am angry because my anger is the sum of the love I have for my people, the people I call friends, comrades, and family. I love them too much to the extent that their oppression becomes my oppression.

I am angered of the hate rulers have towards the very same people who pledged on their behalf, in the name of the constitution, to protect, nurture, and love. I am angered by the hypocrisy of our people who see no reason to question, act or defend our rights to personal liberty and freedom. I am angered by those who tell me to use a decent language as if the oppressor oppresses us decently.

Sadly, it is fashionable now to separate our spirit with what they call political. The underlying purpose is to legitimize oppression and limit resistance, leaving a few to take on the hard battle and become so exposed to highest level of retaliation by the black colonialists. The majority who consciously and/or unconsciously accept to be apolitical are left suffocated with illusions of safety and/or a desire to be promoted to the inner circle of the oppressors.

The tears and sufferings of the significant few, who choose to fight oppression for all of us, are left to self-dry. I am afraid if we can’t cry with them and hold their heads up high with pride and dignity, their dried tears may be bloodstreams of many. May that bloody and gloomy doomsday not come.

I am convinced our flags hanging on top of us are witnessing the pain in us. They, too, are in tears. But their resilience to stand tall come rain, came sun, should reminds us, as Audre Lorde recalls Malcolm X’s reminder, that "we are not responsible for our oppression, but we must be responsible for our own liberation."

Mapunguani ya Lumumba yakipita hapa yatasema “mabeberu”!

Punguani kabisa!

I’m happy TZ kuna mwanamke anaeweza speak bodily namna hii!

Walao!

Back
Top Bottom