Tanzania in plans to amend budget, exclude donor funding

J
It depends on what he meant by financial support from outside. It could be borrowing from outside - which even the USA does (remember its debt to China). However, if he means donor dependent (of which is our case) he is very incorrect. Any way I remain supportive of the move away from donnor dependent, we cannot develop with such attutude.
Mkuu, I agree with you. Let me say this. Having a budget from our own sources is excellent. However, Tanzania needs to develop quickly and donors' aid will facilitate this. Omitting this aid may cause delay in development.
Besides, the decision cannot pass without being questioned as, is it only because donors are asking for accountability and that the best option is "kususa?" are the donors wrong about their decision and that we are correct about ours?

Mkuu, I agree with you. Let me say this. Having a budget from our own sources is excellent. However, Tanzania needs to develop quickly and donors' aid will facilitate this. Omitting this aid may cause delay in development.
Besides, the decision cannot pass without being questioned as, is it only because donors are asking for accountability and that the best option is "kususa?" are the donors wrong about their decision and that we are correct about ours?
Donor funding are never for development and cannot develop us my brother. The people or countries giving out these donations usually have another intention in mind and mostly moves you away from the goal. Let these donations be supplemental rather than part of the primary funding.

Donor funding are never for development and cannot develop us my brother. The people or countries giving out these donations usually have another intention in mind and mostly moves you away from the goal. Let these donations be supplemental rather than part of the primary funding.

Didn't you know this when you were receiving donations?you only came to realize the importance of self-reliance policy when the donors pressured you to reveal and deal with the thieves of public fund (ESCROW) or denied financial aids. You are only doing this to cover your asses!

"Our responsibility" phrase is a Silly excuse by a Government which fails to do its job.
Serikali inakusanya Kodi,lakini katika kuleta Maendeleo inajificha kwenye kichaka cha jukumu letu sote,there should be a measure,the role play the Govt and the Citizen,big role should be played by the Govt
Inakusanya kodi kiasi gani, na hicho kiasi kingeleta maendeleo makubwa kwa vipimo vipi?
Unataka kubisha kwa ngonjera au kwa numbers?

Tujitayarishe kwa kodi mpya zisizokuwa na mpangilio, hii lazima ile kwetu.

Tanzania is currently receiving 35% from donors and the question is if Tanzania decided to exclude donors contribution then what is going to be the source of funds for her 35% deficit? is it by reducing the spend by 35%, increase revenue by 35% or use loans from banks and institutions. The fact is they are going to use loans but this is not good for economy for the following reason
By government taking too much loans is going to push T-Bills rates to increase and this is also going to cause all banks loans interest rates to increase also. Currently business loans are ranging from 15%-30% so this rate will increase even more and discourage small business to take any loans. Small business loans are very important to expand employment in any capital based economy.
It depends on the type of loans taken, and the purpose of that loan. Also, execution of the project(s) which the lan was taken for. Not all loans are bad, but if you take loans to run the government, then you will most likely have a lot of problems.

Inakusanya kodi kiasi gani, na hicho kiasi kingeleta maendeleo makubwa kwa vipimo vipi?
Unataka kubisha kwa ngonjera au kwa numbers?

Don't be foolish, your corrupt government have opted for the self reliant budget in order to avoid revealing the names of real thieves of ESCROW.So they (government) opted to cover their asses through excluding donor's fund but at the expense of our tax money.This means they are going to tax us even more.

Don't be foolish, your corrupt government have opted for the self reliant budget in order to avoid revealing the names of real thieves of ESCROW.So they (government) opted to cover their asses through excluding donor's fund but at the expense of our tax money.This means they are going to tax us even more.
May be you should read before exposing your nanihii. If the donors decide to pldge some money in to the budget, thats fine. But the budget will be without donors money and it's not the donors job to punish the government, it's our job! Me and you!

I support cutting down donor dependency. However I'm strongly against the reasons that are forcing us to go that route; to protect thieves or defend corruption. If this is the reason we are doing that, we have failed even before we start. Corrupt elements will dent whatever efforts we were driving to and without donors oversight on performance we will move towards total failure.

If we were avoiding donors because we want to be independent on selecting our priorities, I wouldn't have said anything other than commending the government. If we had dealt with corruption squarely and proceeded on implementing our own budget without donor dependency, that would have been very commendable. But going there because we have failed to stamp out corruption and we have no other option, we are facing more trouble than we anticipate. We can't have both - fiscal discipline and corruption - on the same bed, and expect a live birth!! Simply we have missed the point.

And Tanzania's tax payers are already "overly taxed". Our economy cannot sustain more taxes - doing so will fuel more corruption (corrupt elements in the government will like it) that will lead to poorer collections.

We can't depend on donors and we can't survive with this level of corruption. But blaming the governmen for not including donors in its budget shows the absurdity of our decision-making process.
We have to build our country, it's our job/our responsibility.

We can't build our country while entrusting this thieves(CCM)! Let's kick them out first then we start from scratch

We can't build our country while entrusting this thieves(CCM)! Let's kick them out first then we start from scratch
So, lets depend on donors first, then kick the government out, and then stop depending on donors? Is this what you are saying?

I support cutting down donor dependency. However I'm strongly against the reasons that are forcing us to go that route; to protect thieves or defend corruption. If this is the reason we are doing that, we have failed even before we start. Corrupt elements will dent whatever efforts we were driving to and without donors oversight on performance we will move towards total failure.

If we were avoiding donors because we want to be independent on selecting our priorities, I wouldn't have said anything other than commending the government. If we had dealt with corruption squarely and proceeded on implementing our own budget without donor dependency, that would have been very commendable. But going there because we have failed to stamp out corruption and we have no other option, we are facing more trouble than we anticipate. We can't have both - fiscal discipline and corruption - on the same bed, and expect a live birth!! Simply we have missed the point.
That is not a good reason for us to still depend on donors. Let's be hungry, then we will know what to do with thieves.

So, lets depend on donors first, then kick the government out, and then stop depending on donors? Is this what you are saying?

U got me all wrong.. What I meant is we will never be able to build this country while entrusting this thieves.. It is good if you are self reliant but choosing to be self reliant because u don't want to make thieves responsible is another thing... They are just pretending, they are blood sucking animals with no morals, they will talk of self reliance on the expense of poor tanzanians, they will be treated in US and India while the poor will be dying due to depleted resources at our hospitals, they have no morals....

U got me all wrong.. What I meant is we will never be able to build this country while entrusting this thieves.. It is good if you are self reliant but choosing to be self reliant because u don't want to make thieves responsible is another thing... They are just pretending, they are blood sucking animals with no morals, they will talk of self reliance on the expense of poor tanzanians, they will be treated in US and India while the poor will be dying due to depleted resources at our hospitals, they have no morals....
So, make them responsible!! Expecting others to do that will be like expecting the neighbor to take care of your kids.

We can't depend on donors and we can't survive with this level of corruption. But blaming the governmen for not including donors in its budget shows the absurdity of our decision-making process.
We have to build our country, it's our job/our responsibility.[/QUOTE Kabisa watu wanapaswa kutambua kukosoa pekee si suruhisho la tanzania kuendelea, wajibu wako pia wewe kama mtanzania unautimiza? likitokea jambo la kulipa koda wengi hutafuta njia za kukwepa: Haki na wajibu pia nimuhim

And Tanzania's tax payers are already "overly taxed". Our economy cannot sustain more taxes - doing so will fuel more corruption (corrupt elements in the government will like it) that will lead to poorer collections.
Overly taxed? Tanzanians? Gimme facts plz

Based on this decision?
Tanzania can do without donors' money.

Yes, Tanzania can do that.

But,
it must be a gradual process
New sources of revenue must be identified
Corruption must be weeded out (the most difficult undertaking under ccm)
Combat tax avoidance (in relation with the above point) in no uncertain terms.
Reduce tax exemptions - there are just too many.

I believe we can achieve that in three years!

Back
Top Bottom