Tanzania: A call for change!

Dr Lizzy

Platinum Member
May 25, 2009
Why do we choose to have a government?

-To prevent war
-To prevent chaos
-To secure our riches (properties, resources, culture etc)
-To create law and order
-To assure our security etc.

Looking at our current government, they are not making any of these things a reality.

It has never been part of their agenda as to whose interest they are there to serve but fulfillment of their own personal interests. Surely we are not in the middle of a battlefield, but people are dying due to our supposedly leaders' irresponsibility. Our economy is going down by the minute, crime rate is going up,the police are killing innocent people, in other words we are living in chaos.

I am so tired of hearing the ''we have a peaceful country'' nonsense. As if that is supposed to make everything batter. What's peace with no food, water, electricity or proper health care? What's peace if people are not feeling safe in the comfort of their own home? What's peace if people are dying from bombs knowing very well we are not in the middle of Palestine??

It's high time things change. Right now the people are afraid of the government whilst it should be the other way around.After all, it is for the people that they are there.

At the moment our country is being run as if it is a Single Party State which it isn't. CCM should be working their butts off to sustain the position they are in now by improving things so that, the people won't revolt. Obviously they do not fear or feel threatened by the people or the opposition party enough to stop worsening our lives and make it better for a change. What scares me the most is the fact that we are being ripped off every single day! While some of us starve, die of malnutrition and poor health care our lovely government is spending our taxes like there is no tomorrow.

I can not stop wondering how their doings could be so far from what the Arusha Declaration was all about, given that it was published by Mwl. Nyerere who was the original founder of CCM.

The declaration called for:
1. A commitment to economic self-reliance.
Evidently our economy depends largely on foreign aid.

2. A leadership code which obliged government and party officials to give up all sources of income but their salary. Instead of cutting off on their unnecessary luxuries they are ripping off the people that gave them power.

As Mwl. himself said ''In acquisitive societies, wealth tend to corrupt those who posses it.It tends to breed in them a desire to live more comfortably than their fellows,to dress better and in everyway outdo them.'' This being the perfect perception of our current leadership, no one could have said those words better.

''The best leader is the enlightened despot who knows and interprets the will of the commonwealth.''

With that being said, as much as I would love to avoid saying this, we need change,be it peacefully or forcefully. We need a government that we can rely on.

Elizabeth ... how can an oppressed mindset change ... please advice accordingly

Lizzy well Written We Need Change..., Actually The Change has Been Due for Some time right Now..,

You have said all as to why we need Change, Just to add from my point I think there are three main Cancers.. KATIBA MBOVU; UONGOZI MBAYA WENYE TAMAA NA UFISADI; AND CCM

Now Katiba Mbovu gives a lot of power to one person whom he uses his power to appoint people whom are powerless kumuwajibisha and they wont Dare

Uongozi Mbaya, Tamaa na Ufisadi.., am afraid this cancer has spread everywhere even if we change people in power today there is a good chance the newcomers will do the same through being greedy which has engulfued our nation everyone is looking for Numero Uno. Now maybe a New Katiba will act as a whip to keep the leaders in line, and have transparency so they can not do as they want

CCM is the biggest CANCER why am I saying this.. because it is powerfull and has got strong roots kwahiyo there is no fair playing field between CCM na Upinzani..., even if all Upinzani leaders were CCM with CCM power it could have been bad because power corrupts... therefore for the country to prosper we need the death of CCM Together with kutaifisha all the vitega uchumi ambavyo vingi CCM took from wananchi... (You know its like Barcelona playing in Second Division in Tanzania) its easy for CCM to keep on doing what it does without the fear of being punished because it has more money and resourses more than everyone else.

BUT there is HOPE, if people knows their ENEMY which is CCM then maybe we will have a good future in Tanzania because then these parties will know any mistake will be easy for them kupigwa chini...

AGAIN LIZZY WELL WRITTEN
RESPECT

Though fcuked and all, we can still take it to the streets...forests if it suits your inner ape.

Though fcuked and all, we can still take it to the streets...forests if it suits your inner ape.

I double dare you to even think of trying that line of action. Most would just lie down and take it lie a bcith.

I double dare you to even think of trying that line of action. Most would just lie down and take it lie a bcith.

What do you suggest mkuu using our weapon of voting (hata kama wote watavote against) history tells us kwamba watachakachua... so how do we kill CCM ? (we can get new katiba) lakini je watafata kama katiba inavyosema au watafanya wanavyotaka... Suggestion please how do we deal with this ? or you are happy with the current situation

Since i had two enough for me,This peace of thought is mature, perfect vision, fitted for those of us who take stand very seriously and stand firmly. The act is the begining of a new era....daring youth of today, show that you are not just like the rest of us less daring old men.

Ouch!Peachy!
I'ld rather get bcithy and fcuked in the streets than oh so missy devoured in my niche.
Woman, careful!
Talking of that, i smell what can be smelled but not by ccm chaps!

What do you suggest mkuu using our weapon of voting (hata kama wote watavote against) history tells us kwamba watachakachua... so how do we kill CCM ? (we can get new katiba) lakini je watafata kama katiba inavyosema au watafanya wanavyotaka... Suggestion please how do we deal with this ? or you are happy with the current situation

Reading between your lines, you appear to know very well what needs to be done at this point. Except maybe the waiting part.

Reading between your lines, you appear to know very well what needs to be done at this point. Except maybe the waiting part.
Mkuu its true we need strategies, I think first step is to get new Tume kuhakikisha no more kuchakachua.., then awareness everybody needs to open their eyes and realize CCM is the enemy.., then The Party which comes into power needs kufilisi the current CCM cutting some of the roots , there and then kutakuwa na level playing field and it will be easy for opposition to monitor anyone who is in power.. Sababu with the new People on the same CCM its just Different Cast, Same Script

Lizzy,

I could read between the lines and realize the frustration you share with million of Citizens in our country. There somewhere we stumbled for the last 50 years. In my perspective, the change should come technically and spontaneous.

To effect the changes, we need new constitution. I said these times and again, we will not make any tangible progress under the same system which has failed us for the last 3 decades.

The current constitution has vested one person with the power to dictate whatever he wants. As a result of this, the government officials are not real leaders but puppets who are there to defend the interest of some powerful individuals. There is no check and balance as it is for other nations. India could go without a leader for months because the institutions are designed to function independently even if an input of single person who could be a PM is missing.

UK
had no clear winner in last election. For one week the country survived without a PM, no problem simply because the institutions are working perfect.
Look at our constitution! President was instructed by the Parliament (representing Wananchi) to discipline corrupt leaders identified in the on going Richmond Saga. At his own discretion he let them walk away with all benefits, not for the national interest but for group interest.

Today, President appoints Judges, RC, Ministers; Armed forces leaders etc without being vetted by the second authority. It is impossible for the appointees to act against their own boss.

I am a strong advocate of constitution reforms as the only way toward true development. Any short cut may give a relief but will not answer the core problem. It will complicate the equation to the expense of our innocent civilian. Wananchi missed an opportunity last October, however there is still a window open before 2015 i.e writing a new constitution. This must be a partisan and a politics. The constitution should be centered on national interest, written by the people and owned by wananchi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nguruvi3

I couldn't have said it better myself! A new constitution is exactly what we need to make the changes that we need so badly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom