State of Urbanisation in East Africa.

HellFire20

Oct 27, 2007
Contrary to What many of you have been preaching in this forum.

Some very interesting information on the issue of urbanization in the region has appeared.

Population living in urban areas high in
Kenya-34%
Tanzania-33%
Rwanda-16%
Uganda-15%

Urban Population Living in Slums
Uganda-93%
Tanzania-92%
Rwanda-88%
Kenya-71%

Annual growth rate of slums
Tanzania-6.16%
Kenya-5.88%
Uganda-5.32%
Rwanda-No Data

Data-Year 2000 report

Definition of A slum:A slum household is defined by the United Nations Human Settlement Programme (UN-HABITAT) as a group of individuals living under the same roof who lack one or more of the following conditions: “Secure tenure status, adequate access to improved water, adequate access to improved sanitation and other infrastructure, structural quality of housing and
sufficient living area.

92% of the urban population in tanzania is living in slums,we call this BONGO TAMBARARE,GOD BLESS OUR TIME WILL COME

Some very interesting information on the issue of urbanization in the region has appeared.

Kenya-34%
Tanzania-33%
Rwanda-16%
Uganda-15%

Uganda-93%
Tanzania-92%
Rwanda-88%
Kenya-71%

Tanzania-6.16%
Kenya-5.88%
Uganda-5.32%
Rwanda-No Data

Data-Year 2000 report

Definition of A slum:A slum household is defined by the United Nations Human Settlement Programme (UN-HABITAT) as a group of individuals living under the same roof who lack one or more of the following conditions: “Secure tenure status, adequate access to improved water, adequate access to improved sanitation and other infrastructure, structural quality of housing and
sufficient living area.

Source?

Oya Mtindiowaubongo,

utapigwa mawe mwenzangu.Kem subiri uone.

teh teh teh..

Ngoja na mimi nije na statistics zangu. ..Koh koh,..eerr ..mrr..wait a minute here, natanguliza source yangu kabisa.

MJUC- Mtindiowaubongo Journal of Undisputed Claims.

Kenya-34%
Tanzania-33%
Rwanda-16%
Uganda-15%

Uganda-93%
Tanzania-92%
Rwanda-88%
Kenya-71%

Tanzania-6.16%
Kenya-5.88%
Uganda-5.32%
Rwanda-No Data

Data-Year 2000 report

sufficient living area.

You are absolutely right Hellfire20! That's why the largest slum in Africa where more than one million people live under appalling conditions is in "Tanzania". The infamous slum is called Kibera and is situated in the outskirts of "Dar es Salaam". In Nairobi, everyone lives in a bungallow......Welcome to Kenya, the land of peace where neighbours love each other and live in harmony regardless of their ethnicity or tribal background!

Now why in the world would you want to dare my intelligence While you cant do such a simple thing as Google search to at least know what SID does .

So google is your source? Yep I have checked it out, and it seems your beloved SID is situated in Nairobi, (no wonder).

What I'm asking is the source. If you can't reproduce it is ok too!

So google is your source? Yep I have checked it out, and it seems your beloved SID is situated in Nairobi, (no wonder).

What I'm asking is the source. If you can't reproduce it is ok
too!

Hurray!!!!!....So its in Nairobi..good Boy...See the search wasn't that hard was it?
Now you only need to go further and search for the report..You can do it i know you can just believe in yourself ..

Hurray!!!!!....So its in Nairobi..good Boy...See the search wasn't that hard was it?
Now you only need to go further and search for the report..You can do it i know you can just believe in yourself ..

Now I see you can't give us a source, isn't it?

Now I see you can't give us a source, isn't it?

Noo..Dont tell me you are giving up after a few minutes...You can find the report its there just try a bit harder.Remember a lot is at stake here my friend if you don't find the report the intellectual ability of the Tanzanian Nation will be put into question because of you.I know you would not want the prestige, pride and the one thing that makes a nation go down, due to your in ability to solve a simple task like doing a search on SID which you say is in Nairobi.

Noo..Dont tell me you are giving up after a few minutes...You can find the report its there just try a bit harder.Remember a lot is at stake here my friend if you don't find the report the intellectual ability of the Tanzanian Nation will be put into question because of you.I know you would not want the prestige, pride and the one thing that makes a nation go down, due to your in ability to solve a simple task like doing a search on SID which you say is in Nairobi.

:cool::lol::lol:

You are absolutely right Hellfire20! That's why the largest slum in Africa where more than one million people live under appalling conditions is in "Tanzania". The infamous slum is called Kibera and is situated in the outskirts of "Dar es Salaam". In Nairobi, everyone lives in a bungallow......Welcome to Kenya, the land of peace where neighbours love each other and live in harmony regardless of their ethnicity or tribal background!

Hello Janejo how are you doing?

I would like to thank you for taking your time to blindly join this discussion even though your statement leaves a lot to be desired and can only be sold to the birds.
That having been said you will be accommodated since as they say "listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant,for they too have their story."
I would like to point out a statement about Kibera's Population of a million i doubt those figures but just for arguments sake i will go with it.Still if Kibera had a million there would have to be another 10 million for us to beat your national slum dwelling people of over 11.6 million kenya's is a mere 7.9 million
finally i hope my use of absolute figures will make it simpler for you to understand.

Yes, Kenyans are very intelligent. SID report is not based on the UN-Habitat facts (which is in Nairobi). By the way Kenyans don't live in slums. Kibera which is the largest slum in Africa is in Somalia and cannot be in Kenya. Kenya's economy is growing fast at the rate of 4.1% as of 2008. Tanzania's economy is stagnant and not growing at all even though the 2008 data showed that it was growing at the rate of 7%.

Janejo,
what are you trying to say, thats doesnt sound like sarcasm, it is illiteracy of the highest order. Try and tame that illiteracy in you, it will shame you sooner than later.

Hello Janejo how are you doing?

I would like to thank you for taking your time to blindly join this discussion even though your statement leaves a lot to be desired and can only be sold to the birds.
That having been said you will be accommodated since as they say "listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant,for they too have their story."
I would like to point out a statement about Kibera's Population of a million i doubt those figures but just for arguments sake i will go with it.Still if Kibera had a million there would have to be another 10 million for us to beat your national slum dwelling people of over 11.6 million kenya's is a mere 7.9 million
finally i hope my use of absolute figures will make it simpler for you to understand.

Yes, indeed. Kenyans who live in slums are mere 7.9 million! Of course that is nothing in a country with a very sound and stable economy like Kenya!

Janejo,
what are you trying to say, thats doesnt sound like sarcasm, it is illiteracy of the highest order. Try and tame that illiteracy in you, it will shame you sooner than later.

I agree with what you are saying! It is as you call it "illiteracy of the highest order" to claim that more than one million people in Nairobi (sorry, I meant Mogadishu) live in a biggest slum in Africa called Kibera. I should have said instead...that only Tanzanians live in slums since they are very poor as opposed to their counterparts in Kenya who are believed to be very rich and prosperous people.

Back
Top Bottom