Sonko arrested in Voi ‘while escaping arrest’

Kurzweil

JF-Expert Member
May 25, 2011
1575627101213.png

Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) while trying to escape arrest. According to EACC, Sonko was attempting to escape at a road block in Voi when the detectives waylaid him.

“EACC confirms that Nairobi City County Governor Mike Sonko Mbuvi has been arrested while escaping arrest at a road block in Voi and is being transferred to Nairobi to face charges of corruption and economic crime,” read the tweet from EACC.

He is expected to arrive in Nairobi afterwhich he will be taken into police custody awaiting arraignment.

Sonko is alleged to have benefited from irregular procurement and payments amounting to Kshs.357, 390,299 million.

This comes barely three hours after the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DPP) head Noordin Haji ordered for his arrest and prosecution over corruption allegations.

Sonko will be facing charges that include willful failure to comply with the law relating to procurement, conflict of interest and abuse of office.

Other charges are the unlawful acquisition of public property, deceiving principal, money laundering and acquisition of proceeds of crime.

Sonko will also be charged alongside senior County Officials, private and business entities accused of benefitting from suspect county funds.

DPP Haji further revealed that the Sonko case has been very challenging due to his attempts to interfere with the course of investigations as well as employing intimidation tactics including the use of goons to threaten investigating officers in the case.

“The investigations by EACC uncovered numerous instances of criminal conduct and a general disregard of the law by the governor and others in charge,” said DPP Haji.

Meanwhile, EACC detectives have also taken into police custody Peter Mbugua Kariuki (County Secretary) and Patrick Mwangangi (Head Supply Chain Management).

Source: Citizen Digital

Embattled Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko has been arrested in Voi, a few hours after the Director of Public of Prosecutions Noordin Haji ordered for his arrest over graft allegations.

The DPP had called for the governor's arrest and other county officials over misappropriation of KSh 357 million in the morning of Friday, December 6.

The DPP had called for the governor's arrest and other county officials over misappropriation of KSh 357 million in the morning of Friday, December 6.

While ordering for his arrest, Haji said he had collected enough evidence on how the city boss and and a section of officials in his administration had misappropriated public funds.

Those to be charged alongside the embattled governor are County Secretary Peter Mbugua, head of supply chain management Patrick Mwagangi and members of the tender committee Samuel Mwangi, Edwin Kariuki and EdwinMurimi.

Others are Wambua Ndaka and Andrew Nyasiego who serve as clerical officers in the county.
The city boss and members of the county tender committee will face charges of conspiracy to commit an economic crime, willful failure to comply with the law and conflict of interest, among other charges.

Source: TUKO

Governor wa Nairobi, Mike Sonko akamatwa na polsi Kenya kwa tuhuma za ufisadi. Governor huyo alikamatwa ktk mji wa Voi huko Taita Taveta mashariki ya Kenya. Amesafirishwa na helicopter ya Polisi kuelekea Nairobi.

Anakabiiliwa na wizi wa fedha za Kenya shilling zaidi ya milioni 300 akishirikiana na viongozi waandamizi county ya Nairobi.

Source: Radio DW Swahili Leo mchana.

Gavana Sonko akitiwa pingu na maafisa wa Kikosi cha Kupambana na Ufisadi. Katika zoezi hilo la kumtia mbaroni Mh. Gavana Mike Mbuvi Sonko pia ngumi zilirushwa na afisa mwenye cheo cha juu ktk vikosi vya usalama kuelekea kwa Gavana, ikabidi afisa huyo wa juu wa Polisi kuzuiwa na maafisa wake wadogo.

Wachambuzi wa sheria na siasa za Kenya wanasema operesheni hii imezua gumzo juu ya nini kitafuta ikiwa Gavana Sonko atakataa kungatuka (step aside) ili taratibu za uchunguzi na za Mahakama zichukue mkondo wake.

Ngoma hii imetupwa kwa chama cha Muungano wa Jubilee kuwa ndicho kitaweza kufanikisha vita hii ya ufisadi kwa kumtaka Gavana Sonko ajiuzulu nafasi hiyo ili uchaguzi ufanyike ndani ya siku 60 maana Gavana Sonko tuhuma zinazomkabili zinahitaji utashi wa pamoja wa kisiasa (Jubilee) na vyombo vya serikali ili kufanikisha vita hii dhidi ya ufisadi nchini Kenya.

Walimkamia sana
Mbwembwe zote kwisha hpo

Ova

Huyu Gavana Sonko ameshapitia misukosuko mingi ila hili la sasa itakuwa kiunzi kigumu kukiruka kama msala wa Shimo la Tewa

Sonko Explains How He Escaped Shimo La Tewa Prison

Published on 25 Nov 2019

This is after officials from Shimo la Tewa Maximum Prison moved to court to demand that Sonko serve his remaining sentence and also be charged with escaping from prison.

However, the Nairobi Governor vehemently denied the allegations levelled against him during a Monday morning show at Radio Maisha. Sonko admitted that he was convicted twice for failing to appear in court. As a consequence, he was slapped with a six-month prison term.

"Indeed I was jailed for failing to appear in court. I could not afford the fines so I opted for a jail term," said Sonko. Governor Sonko was convicted on March 12, 1998, in a case number 675/97 after he was sentenced ordered to pay Sh200,000 fine or serve a six-month jail term. He was also ordered to pay Sh500, 000 fine or serve six months in prison for failing to appear in court for another case.

Since he could no raise the fines, Sonko was committed to Shimo la Tewa to serve both sentences concurrently for 12 months. Sonko's jail term was to end on March 11, 1999, but he only served one month.

While dispelling reports that he mysteriously disappeared on April 16, 1998, barely a month after his imprisonment, Sonko claims that he left with the full knowledge of Shimo la Tewa prison officials. "I stayed in prison for one month and I was released after my mother's death," he said.

The Nairobi Governor, however, did not reveal whether he was released to bury his mother or was completely let off the hook. He downplayed a question from the host on claims that he escaped prison by faking illness and sneaked out of the Coast General Hospital where he had been taken for treatment.

"These are things that happened 23 years ago and I have been cleared that is why I ran for public office."
Source: Jarunda TV

18 Nov 2019

Gavana Soko asimulia kukamiwa na watu wasiojulikana, ajilinganisha na Mzee Kenyatta, Nelson Mandela

Gavana wa kaunti ya Nairobi Mike mbuvi Sonko afichua uovu aliofanyiwa na maafisa wa kupambana na ufisadi [EACC] Akizungumza na Radio Citizen amechora taswira jinsi alivyokagulia sehemu zake za siri ndani ya majengo ya EACC

Source: Radio Citizen

Huyu Gavana Sonko ameshapitia misukosuko mingi ila hili la sasa itakuwa kiunzi kigumu kukiruka kama msala wa Shimo la Tewa

Sonko Explains How He Escaped Shimo La Tewa Prison

Published on 25 Nov 2019

This is after officials from Shimo la Tewa Maximum Prison moved to court to demand that Sonko serve his remaining sentence and also be charged with escaping from prison.

However, the Nairobi Governor vehemently denied the allegations levelled against him during a Monday morning show at Radio Maisha. Sonko admitted that he was convicted twice for failing to appear in court. As a consequence, he was slapped with a six-month prison term.

"Indeed I was jailed for failing to appear in court. I could not afford the fines so I opted for a jail term," said Sonko. Governor Sonko was convicted on March 12, 1998, in a case number 675/97 after he was sentenced ordered to pay Sh200,000 fine or serve a six-month jail term. He was also ordered to pay Sh500, 000 fine or serve six months in prison for failing to appear in court for another case.

Since he could no raise the fines, Sonko was committed to Shimo la Tewa to serve both sentences concurrently for 12 months. Sonko's jail term was to end on March 11, 1999, but he only served one month.

While dispelling reports that he mysteriously disappeared on April 16, 1998, barely a month after his imprisonment, Sonko claims that he left with the full knowledge of Shimo la Tewa prison officials. "I stayed in prison for one month and I was released after my mother's death," he said.

The Nairobi Governor, however, did not reveal whether he was released to bury his mother or was completely let off the hook. He downplayed a question from the host on claims that he escaped prison by faking illness and sneaked out of the Coast General Hospital where he had been taken for treatment.

"These are things that happened 23 years ago and I have been cleared that is why I ran for public office."
Source: Jarunda TV
Mjanjajanja sana huyu!

Ova

Sijui sisi na huyu mkuu tutafika lini huku
Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) while trying to escape arrest. According to EACC, Sonko was attempting to escape at a road block in Voi when the detectives waylaid him.

“EACC confirms that Nairobi City County Governor Mike Sonko Mbuvi has been arrested while escaping arrest at a road block in Voi and is being transferred to Nairobi to face charges of corruption and economic crime,” read the tweet from EACC.

He is expected to arrive in Nairobi afterwhich he will be taken into police custody awaiting arraignment.

Sonko is alleged to have benefited from irregular procurement and payments amounting to Kshs.357, 390,299 million.

This comes barely three hours after the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DPP) head Noordin Haji ordered for his arrest and prosecution over corruption allegations.

Sonko will be facing charges that include willful failure to comply with the law relating to procurement, conflict of interest and abuse of office.

Other charges are the unlawful acquisition of public property, deceiving principal, money laundering and acquisition of proceeds of crime.

Sonko will also be charged alongside senior County Officials, private and business entities accused of benefitting from suspect county funds.

DPP Haji further revealed that the Sonko case has been very challenging due to his attempts to interfere with the course of investigations as well as employing intimidation tactics including the use of goons to threaten investigating officers in the case.

“The investigations by EACC uncovered numerous instances of criminal conduct and a general disregard of the law by the governor and others in charge,” said DPP Haji.

Meanwhile, EACC detectives have also taken into police custody Peter Mbugua Kariuki (County Secretary) and Patrick Mwangangi (Head Supply Chain Management).

Source: Citizen Digital

18 Nov 2019
Gavana Mike Mbuvi Sonko anaelezea alivyokuwa mstari wa mbele kupigana vita ya kutokomeza ufisadi wa kutisha ktk county ya Nairobi

Gavana wa Kaunti ya Nairobi Mike Mbuvi Sonko kwa mara ya kwanza amekubali kwamba mkasa wa shule ya kibinafsi ya Precious Talent ulitokea kwa sababu ya uzembe wa maafisa wa kaunti ya Nairobi na kuongeza kuwa hatotishwa na vitisho vya tume ya kupambana na ufisadi nchini [EACC], Akiongea kwenye kipindi cha Jambo Kenya Sonko amesema kwamba yeye atafanya kazi kulingana na mjibu wa sheria
Source: Radio Citizen

Hapa nawaza hivi inawezekana siku moja Bashite mfalme wa Dar naye akatiwa pingu, au yule ni dogo wa mkulu, maana huboronga kupita maelezo na anapeta tu bila kuelekezwa kidole na mtu.
Sonko kwa kweli naye alipitiliza kwenye majigambo, ila kiaina nilikua nimeanza kumkubali pale alipokua anapambana na cartels za Nairobi, inawezekana hao ndio wamesuka haya yote ili azikwe hai, tatizo naye ana figisufigisu nyingi kiasi kwamba kumtolea nje nje ni kazi rahisi sana kwa cartels.

Back
Top Bottom