Should Abortion Be Legal or Illegal In Tanzania?

M

makamba jr

M

makamba jr

Joined Dec 1, 2014
1 0
Its rly illegal acordng to constitutional as the grand law also ni penal code

Stefano Mtangoo

Stefano Mtangoo

Verified Member
Stefano Mtangoo

Stefano Mtangoo

Verified Member
Joined Oct 25, 2012
3,709 2,000
How if some one abort only to save her life as ayoung girl of 14 being raped and she get pregnant and the doctor foresee that the girl can not be able to survive if she get birth and decide to abort a girl. Is that legal or illegal see the case of REPUBLIC VS BOURNE also read the case of ROE VS WADE
So why saving a mother is more important to you than saving a baby?
aren't both humans? Why is the baby unimportant to you?
suppose that baby was you what would be your choice?

QUALIFIED

QUALIFIED

JF-Expert Member
QUALIFIED

QUALIFIED

JF-Expert Member
Joined Jun 13, 2012
756 225
Abortion should be legalized obviously guys

I

instagramboy

JF-Expert Member
I

instagramboy

JF-Expert Member
Joined Oct 16, 2014
1,526 0
Tutahalarisha kama vitabu vya dini vitabadilika

na atakayetaka kuhalarisha titaanza kumwua yy kwanza

QUALIFIED

QUALIFIED

JF-Expert Member
QUALIFIED

QUALIFIED

JF-Expert Member
Joined Jun 13, 2012
756 225
Tutahalarisha kama vitabu vya dini vitabadilika

na atakayetaka kuhalarisha titaanza kumwua yy kwanza
Walio halalisha wamebadili vitabu vya dini?
Swala ni kuangalia effect za kualalisha na kutohalalisha
Think wisely

I

instagramboy

JF-Expert Member
I

instagramboy

JF-Expert Member
Joined Oct 16, 2014
1,526 0
Walio halalisha wamebadili vitabu vya dini?
Swala ni kuangalia effect za kualalisha na kutohalalisha
Think wisely
Kwa hyo tuweke na ushoga kwa sababu wao wamehalarisha?? fikiri kwa ubongo
anayetaka tuhalarushe tumwue kwanza yeye

QUALIFIED

QUALIFIED

JF-Expert Member
QUALIFIED

QUALIFIED

JF-Expert Member
Joined Jun 13, 2012
756 225
Kwa hyo tuweke na ushoga kwa sababu wao wamehalarisha?? fikiri kwa ubongo
anayetaka tuhalarushe tumwue kwanza yeye
I'm not a believer....
Ushoga ni swala lingine but kwa sasa abortion kwanza....
Unadhani ikikatazwa watu wataacha?
Ikikatazwa kutakua na madhara gani?
Ikikatazwa tutasolv tatizo kabisa?
Ikikatazwa kutakua na faida kuliko madhara
Nambie mkuu

M

mchuchuli

M

mchuchuli

Joined May 10, 2014
3 0
For the grounds you have exposed, it is unreasonable for the law to allow a woman/ girl to make abortion, in my view and it is the practice in our hospital on medical ethics and if the need to serve life of the woman arise, abortion is done.

So let our law clearly incorporate this medical practice. But in no circumstances such as the wish of the woman should warrant unjustifiable abortion, it is immoral in Tanzania

Mzuvendi

Mzuvendi

JF-Expert Member
Mzuvendi

Mzuvendi

JF-Expert Member
Joined Apr 28, 2009
534 250
For the grounds you have exposed, it is unreasonable for the law to allow a woman/ girl to make abortion, in my view and it is the practice in our hospital on medical ethics and if the need to serve life of the woman arise, abortion is done. So let our law clearly incorporate this medical practice. But in no circumstances such as the wish of the woman should warrant unjustifiable abortion, it is immoral in Tanzania
Mchuchuli:

The law is only as good as the people who follow it. When I was a student in Tanzania, I have heard and witnessed my friends encouraging their girl friends to perform abortion so they won't be expelled from school. What's worse, some male teachers, who used to have sexual relationships with students, did exactly same when they faced similar predicaments. Mind you, these teachers were supposed to be the guardians of students or the gate keepers.

The point I want to make isn't necessary the legalization of abortion. But the understand of the problem. At one point young people become sexually active. Is it illegal to be sexually active? The answer is no. Is it immoral to be sexually active? The answer is no. If the answer is no, why do we deny our young people the knowledge of understanding their bodies? We have the law that stipulates that abortion is illegal. However, the number of people who have been execute since the law was enacted is almost zero despite massive underground abortion activities.

Illegal abortions have cost the lives of young people and if you take a closer look you might find out the law hasn't improved the moral value of the society. The law hasn't protected the lives of unborn children either. So what's the point of having it?

double R

double R

JF-Expert Member
double R

double R

JF-Expert Member
Joined Oct 6, 2011
1,816 2,000
Recently I have done small study of induced abortion in four secondary school in one city of the country. What i found is quite impressive as most of sexual active students use contraceptives mainly condom, so it is good for pregnancy as well as HIV prevention. However, it is still evidently that when pregnancy happens 95% abort. Thanks to the abortive drugs that they uses, after that, many suffer only bleeding and mostly they did not require hospital care.

Mzuvendi

Mzuvendi

JF-Expert Member
Mzuvendi

Mzuvendi

JF-Expert Member
Joined Apr 28, 2009
534 250
double R

So based on your research, one could concluded that the improvement in medicine has made the law irrelevant. How can the country enforce the law when it's difficult to find the offenders?

double R

double R

JF-Expert Member
double R

double R

JF-Expert Member
Joined Oct 6, 2011
1,816 2,000
So based on your research, one could concluded that the improvement in medicine has made the law irrelevant. How can the country enforce the law when it's difficult to find the offenders?
I agree with that conclusion that the law is irrelevant for that case but it could be enforced with the restriction to prescription of the abortion's drugs.

On the other hand, the law enforcers are not real serious on the matter. When I was searching other literature concerning abortion in Africa, I came across with the document that had stories of people in Rwanda who were jailed after they have been found guilty following their involvement in illegal abortion cases. Most have been caught in hospital. I've never seen this in our country. I've never heard that somebody is sued after engaging in illegal induced abortion.

So, though there is advancement in medicine, the window to enforce the current law is still open and amazingly we don't use it at all. I understand those students are not even aware of the Tanzania abortion law and punishment following that case.

N

nosocomial

JF-Expert Member
N

nosocomial

JF-Expert Member
Joined Dec 6, 2013
405 170
So why saving a mother is more important to you than saving a baby?
aren't both humans? Why is the baby unimportant to you?
suppose that baby was you what would be your choice?
If you loose a mom,,,, you loose both!!!! Its better you lose one, the baby, thus y we say two death are unnecesary when it comes in matter of saving life.

Stefano Mtangoo

Stefano Mtangoo

Verified Member
Stefano Mtangoo

Stefano Mtangoo

Verified Member
Joined Oct 25, 2012
3,709 2,000
If you loose a mom,,,, you loose both!!!! Its better you lose one, the baby, thus y we say two death are unnecesary when it comes in matter of saving life.
Can you explain how, in relation to the post I quoted?

D

Dr. Vision

D

Dr. Vision

Joined Jan 26, 2015
1 0
it was a United Nations declaration that No girl or woman should die of pregnancies too soon,too late or too many. But in our society unwanted pregnancies are setting our girls back and by far, legalizing it will make it safer more accessible and give young girls more choice and control over their own lives which is just basic if you ask me.

J

jibe

J

jibe

Joined Nov 17, 2014
8 0
im interested with your conversation but what i can add is no one is better than the other so its better both of the two today mother & child..that's my views

Mapondela

Mapondela

JF-Expert Member
Mapondela

Mapondela

JF-Expert Member
Joined Mar 31, 2009
456 195
I managed to attend one seminar on illegal abortion organised by a certain law society (name withheld) one of the stakeholder was from health institution. They gave us data comparison on death rate and consequences of illegal abortion between countries where abortion has been legalized and where is not. In countries where abortion has been legalized death rates of the victims is lower than where has not been legalized, and according to that seminar, it is expensive to treat a patient who undergone illegal abortion when any complication occurs than conducting abortion in a health clinic with a doctor.

In that seminar they also showed some videos on people who suffered from illegal abortion either directly or by their relatives who died and left them behind.

From there I came out with the following suggestions:
- For those countries which insists abortion should be illegal, they must insist on education to society on other measures of protecting unwanted pregnancies e.g. contraceptives, and look into possible reasons why unwanted pregnancies and regulate their laws e.g. education law - should allow girls to return after delivery.

- Law enforcers should legalize abortion, but should work on how best the law should be implemented. E.g. those with genuine reasons (continuation of education, minor age, insane) etc.

Forum statistics

Threads 1,295,919
Members 498,479
Posts 31,228,043