Season 2 Ya Spartacus: Vengeance na Shameless US Is Out...

The Finest

JF-Expert Member
Jul 14, 2010
So, big changes are ahead in the world Spartacus: Vengeance as champions become rebels and slaves become warriors. Not the least of those changes is the replacement of its titular star Andy Whitfield (wholost his fight with lymphoma last September) with Australian actor Liam McIntyre. With Whitfield's blessing, McIntyre steps into the role seamlessly but the actor says there was much to learn from his predecessor.

1. Spartacus' path to leadership starts in Vengeance. "The biggest challenge that Spartacus faces is embracing that bigger cause that I guess ultimately left its mark on history," McIntyre says. "Which is that of taking these disparate people - these rebels, and building them into a force that is for a while certainly the match of Rome."

2. Behold the Roman Republic. Season 2 takes a fascinating look at Roman politics and its response to the threat of the rebellion. And they really don't disappoint. "I absolutely adore all the stuff that is written about the Romans," McIntyre admits. "I was so jealous reading those scripts as they came through; I'm like that's awesome. Because, there are so many twists and turns and so many power plays and so many shifts in direction for all of those characters."

spartacus-vengeance-cast-starz-romans.jpg

3. Slaves can become warriors. In the new season, the rebellion needs all the help in can muster against the Roman forces. "They really have a responsibility to their own survival to create their own force that can stand on their own two feet," McIntyre Says. "So getting more people on board and making sure they're fighting fit becomes very important to the rebels."

4. Crixus is being led by his heart. After having Naevia (now played by Cynthia Addai-Robinson) snatched away from him, Crixus is hell-bent on finding her again. "You enter the season with Crixus with a very definite goal, and that is to find Naevia," Manu Bennett reveals.

5. Agron steps up to the challenge. With Crixus set on finding Naevia, Agron will become very important in the rebellion. "He definitely has a lot of opinions and he kind of develops into Spartie's right hand man," Dan Feurriegel discloses. "And he's definitely got Spartie's ear. But, just whether or not he gets heard or not is the big thing. But you definitely do learn a lot more about Agron in this upcoming season."