Same's ginger farmers seek to raise 1.5bn/- for Machinery

S. S. Phares

JF-Expert Member
Nov 27, 2006
Same's ginger farmers seek to raise 1.5bn/- for machinery

Kilango1%281%29.jpg

Same East Member of Parliament Anne Kilango Malecela addresses the press in Dar es Salaam yesterday. She said she is organising a function she expects to raise 1.5bn/- for use in buying machinery to help add value to crops in her constituency. (Photo: Edwin Mjwahuzi)

By Angel Navuri 8th October 2009

Ginger growers in East Same, Kilimanjaro region plan to raise 1.5bn/- to buy a processing machine to enhance the value of the product whose output is increasing.

Announcing the plans in Dar es Salaam yesterday, Same East legislator, Anne Kilango Malecela said purchase of the machine would serve the growing market in East, Central and Southern Africa and beyond.

“We have organized a fund raiser scheduled for October 15 this year, to be officiated by President Jakaya Kikwete. I call upon fellow countrymen, government and party dignitaries, members of the business community, well wishers and supporters of the government’s anti-poverty crusade, “Kilimo Kwanza” to support the initiative to enhance collection of 1.5bn/- urgently needed for the purchase of the machine,” MP Kilango pleaded.

It is estimated that the machine would have the capacity to process 10 tonnes of ginger a day and raise the farmers incomes. The legislator said processed ginger could fetch as much as 400/- per kilogramme for the farmers who have been getting as low as 200/- per kilogramme.

Ginger markets so far identified include South Africa, Uganda, Malawi, Kenya and The Netherlands. Some of the traders are said to buy ginger directly from farmers, in at least ten wards in the area who are fully engaged in the production.

“I am in full support of Kilimo Kwanza initiative and I believe the best way to implement it practically is through improved crop production processing to address two challenges; food insufficiency and poverty eradication,” Kilango said.

Kilango commended ginger farmers in the area who have worked hard through Mamba Ginger Growers Co-operative Society Limited to make the production sustainable throughout the years.

The factory building was funded by the National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and Complex Ltd who together raised 50m/-while 40m/- was collected through self-help and 50m/- came from the Prime Minister’s office.

SOURCE: THE GUARDIAN

My Take: Namuunga mkono Mhe Mama Kilango kwenye mradi huu.

Hima wazalendo, tuchangie tulichonacho kujenga nchi yetu. Miradi kama hii ina nafasi ya pekee katika kuongeza kipato cha wakulima wetu, kuongeza ajira na hatimaye kupunguza umaskini.

Nawashauri waandaaji wa hii shughuli waweke hewani namba za simu za kuchangia mapema ili watu kama sisi tulio nje ya Tanzania tushiriki kikamilifu kwa nafasi.

Same's ginger farmers seek to raise 1.5bn/- for machinery

Kilango1%281%29.jpg

Same East Member of Parliament Anne Kilango Malecela addresses the press in Dar es Salaam yesterday. She said she is organising a function she expects to raise 1.5bn/- for use in buying machinery to help add value to crops in her constituency. (Photo: Edwin Mjwahuzi)

By Angel Navuri 8th October 2009

Ginger growers in East Same, Kilimanjaro region plan to raise 1.5bn/- to buy a processing machine to enhance the value of the product whose output is increasing.

Announcing the plans in Dar es Salaam yesterday, Same East legislator, Anne Kilango Malecela said purchase of the machine would serve the growing market in East, Central and Southern Africa and beyond.

"We have organized a fund raiser scheduled for October 15 this year, to be officiated by President Jakaya Kikwete. I call upon fellow countrymen, government and party dignitaries, members of the business community, well wishers and supporters of the government's anti-poverty crusade, "Kilimo Kwanza" to support the initiative to enhance collection of 1.5bn/- urgently needed for the purchase of the machine," MP Kilango pleaded.

It is estimated that the machine would have the capacity to process 10 tonnes of ginger a day and raise the farmers incomes. The legislator said processed ginger could fetch as much as 400/- per kilogramme for the farmers who have been getting as low as 200/- per kilogramme.

Ginger markets so far identified include South Africa, Uganda, Malawi, Kenya and The Netherlands. Some of the traders are said to buy ginger directly from farmers, in at least ten wards in the area who are fully engaged in the production.

"I am in full support of Kilimo Kwanza initiative and I believe the best way to implement it practically is through improved crop production processing to address two challenges; food insufficiency and poverty eradication," Kilango said.

Kilango commended ginger farmers in the area who have worked hard through Mamba Ginger Growers Co-operative Society Limited to make the production sustainable throughout the years.

The factory building was funded by the National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and Complex Ltd who together raised 50m/-while 40m/- was collected through self-help and 50m/- came from the Prime Minister's office.

SOURCE: THE GUARDIAN

My Take: Namuunga mkono Mhe Mama Kilango kwenye mradi huu.

Hima wazalendo, tuchangie tulichonacho kujenga nchi yetu. Miradi kama hii ina nafasi ya pekee katika kuongeza kipato cha wakulima wetu, kuongeza ajira na hatimaye kupunguza umaskini.

Nawashauri waandaaji wa hii shughuli waweke hewani namba za simu za kuchangia mapema ili watu kama sisi tulio nje ya Tanzania tushiriki kikamilifu kwa nafasi.

Nina order ya Tangawizi tani kadhaa. Mwenye mawasiliano na hawa watu tafadhari anitumie message kupitia 0732993834

hiyo pesa wamwone rugemalila awapatie,kama alimpa tibaijuka 1.6 bilion kwa ajili ya mboga,hiyo hatashindwa maana ni jambo la msingi zaid.lakini mbona hili jambo anna kilangu analiibua wakati wa uchaguzi tu!
cc Lemutuuuuuuuuz

Back
Top Bottom