Redio ya Homeboyz yawasimamisha watangazaji wake baada ya kukashifu wanawake

Mnawaita wasupuu kumbe huko, duh, πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Tunawadanganyia ili watupe pesa ndefu

It's sad you are endorsing this cancel culture. If you are a man, it'll come to bite you. They never cancel women no matter how offensive they are remember. This is bullshit.
It's not the first time I've heard them talking unnecessary issues about women which isn't cool, if you've got a female member in your family you'll feel the same.

Homeboyz Radio has suspended two radio presenters and a DJ for two weeks in relation to comments they made that appeared to victim shame and justify sexual assault against women.

Shaffie Weru, Neville and DJ Joe Mfalme, made the insensitive remarks on Wednesday when hosting the station’s breakfast show, The Lift Off.

The remarks, which were highly condemned by social media users, surrounded an incident where a lady named Eunice Wangari was thrown off the 12th floor of a building by a man whose sexual advances she had turned down.

In a statement released on Friday, General Manager Somoina Kimojino said that a disciplinary inquiry gave β€˜enough and justified reason’ to suspend the trio.

β€œDuring the suspension period, the presenters and all other Homeboyz Radio presenters, producers and the Homeboyz radio social media team shall undergo mandatory gender awareness sensitization training and training on ethical reporting and on-air discussion of women issues, sexual assault and gender based violence,” Kimojino said.

She added that the training shall be conducted by the station’s legal team and a credible institution that is a key advocate of women’s rights and their protection from all forms of discrimination, bias and abuse.

β€œAs the leading heritage youth station in Kenya, Homeboyz Radio will start changing the narrative around violence towards women,” she assured listeners.

The suspension of the presenters came hours after the station issued a public apology earlier on Thursday.

β€œHomeboyz Radio does not condone sexual assault, violence against women, victim shaming and any actions by men who do not respect women’s choices and their voices,” Kimojino said.

Source: Homeboyz Radio suspends radio presenters after slur against women
Freedom of press imekaaje hapo wakunya?ingekuwa bongo mngesema ni udikteta.

Freedom of press imekaaje hapo wakunya?ingekuwa bongo mngesema ni udikteta.
Walishafutwa kazi tayari, na kipindi hicho kuwa suspended for six months pamoja na fine ya Ksh 1M kwa company. Freedom ipo, lakini ina mipaka kwa mazungumzo yanayokandamiza gender flani!

So asking women to be careful is a crime?

This caused a heated debate in my gym today, ladies almost fed me to the dogs, but in my humble opinion, there are two issues here, akina Shaffie errored in mentioning her names live on radio, should have discussed the incident without being specific to the details of the victim. I am a father to a teenage daughter, and I usually counsel her on some of these things, especially how and why she shouldn't allow herself alone with some male stranger.

So in short, as much as I detest what that guy did, and should be hanged dry if found guilty, but some blame should be laid on the lady too, our girls should learn how to be careful......don't go out boozing with some stranger and expect things to end well.

Walishafutwa kazi tayari, na kipindi hicho kuwa suspended for six months pamoja na fine ya Ksh 1M kwa company. Freedom ipo, lakini ina mipaka kwa mazungumzo yanayokandamiza gender flani!
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Hata hujajibu ulichoulizwa

It's sad you are endorsing this cancel culture. If you are a man, it'll come to bite you. They never cancel women no matter how offensive they are remember. This is bullshit.
I wonder what the reaction would have been, if it had been female radio presenters mocking or saying unsavoury words. About say a man who had been battered by his wife, fiancee or even just a girlfriend.
Would they have lost their jobs, would the Communications Authority have taken the same stance as in this instance? Would the listeners and all the 'keyboard gender equality warriors' have laughed and praised the presenters for their sense of humour?
I think the latter scenario would have been the most probable reaction.

They got off on the wrong foot that day, such bad ending of their carrier, hope they learn the lesson well.

No, it isn't but let it be in a proper way, not siding with one side
You see, you might not agree with what Shaffie said but you can't cut off your child's hand for stealing your 100 shillings. When men were being butchered in Nyeri, many female media personalities blamed it on the men for being irresponsible but we never saw this kind of reactions. Men are their own enemies. If Shaffie was a woman, all women would unite behind her.

I wonder what the reaction would have been, if it had been female radio presenters mocking or saying unsavoury words. About say a man who had been battered by his wife, fiancee or even just a girlfriend.
Would they have lost their jobs, would the Communications Authority have taken the same stance as in this instance? Would the listeners and all the 'keyboard gender equality warriors' have laughed and praised the presenters for their sense of humour?
Actually, they do say worse stuff when men are assaulted but it's okay. Remember how they used to say men are irresponsible during the Nyeri incidences?

The society as it is today is so protective of the female gender to the point that it treats certain issues touching on the said gender with a coated layer of sugar. If the woman presenter was the culprit in this case, the subject wouldn't have generated a lot of debate the way it has. The society treats women like eggs and that's why when they do something wrong, it doesn't blow up. The "weaker sex" will have a field day

The society as it is today is so protective of the female gender to the point that it treats certain issues touching on the said gender with a coated layer of sugar. If the woman presenter was the culprit in this case, the subject wouldn't have generated a lot of debate the way it has. The society treats women like eggs and that's why when they do something wrong, it doesn't blow up. The "weaker sex" will have a field day
It is what it is. It's a matter of being careful of what we're talking about around them.

Back
Top Bottom