Real Madrid (‎Los Blancos) | Special Thread

Zinedine Zidane took to the media room at Real Madrid City in the wake of his side's final training session before Saturday's meeting with Valladolid at the Santiago Bernabéu.The Whites' boss previewed the encounter in the following terms:

"First and foremost, we're excited to be back at our stadium 100 days on from our last game here. The players are really glad to be starting another season with a game at the Bernabéu in front of our supporters".

"It's not an easy game, there are no easy games here, there are no straightforward ones. Nowadays you simply can't say that you're up against Valladolid and are going to win. In football, you've got to go out and prove it on the pitch. Valladolid have made a really good start to the LaLiga season, last time round they had a good year, they're a brave side and will come here looking to put in a good performance. It's down to us and we have to focus on reproducing what we did in Vigo and try to do even better".

Keylor
"He is, has been and will always be an important player for us and the possibility isn't something I'm considering. He's here and we can't control what goes on outside of here. He wants to play, be part of things and prove that he's a good player, like the rest of the squad, and that's what he's working for. That's the most important thing for a coach. He's always been and always will be a top professional. There's no change to the situation. We'll have a lot of games and I'm going to play him".
Squad

"We've got tomorrow's game and you know that I'm only thinking about what we're going to do tomorrow. That's the only thing that we have to think about and nothing else. The players that I have here and those that I've got and we've got a game tomorrow and, as always, until 2 September anything can happen. That's the same at every club, players can come in and others leave. I can't wait for the 2nd to come around so that I don't get asked these questions. We're just focusing on our weekend game and want to put in a good performance".

69592291_2157001107745448_1205244479833899008_n.jpg

ONDA CERO: Carvajal will start ahead of Odriozola against Valladolid. The replacement for Modric will be chosen between Isco & Valverde.

Sergio Reguilon had to be carted off for Sevilla due to what appeared to be a serious head/neck injury. He was rushed to the hospital but thankfully he was released and is OK!

ECstXUmXoAAGd_-

MARCA: James Rodriguez might not start against Valladolid, but there is a chance that he could play in what would be his first Real Madrid appearance since May of 2017.

ECssjYeX4AAL7_D

What inspires you about Santiago Bernabéu?

Marcelo: It's always a great joy, it gives a feeling of greatness and of course reminds of the fans who always back us right until the end. I've always said it's a great honour and pleasure to play for the best club in the World for so many years now.

What do you think about the new season?

Marcelo: The new season always brings a new feeling and the first game of the new season at home is always special. We have prepared well for it and we can't wait to play at home.

69202756_2157110481067844_1576559284634779648_n.jpg

Zinedine Zidane has named his 19-man squad ahead of Real Madrid's clash with Real Valladolid on Saturday evening, which has seen the Frenchman leave out Alvaro Odriozola and Ferland Mendy.

Madrid have five players unavailable due to injury: Eden Hazard, Rodrygo Goes, Marco Asensio, Brahim Diaz and Mariano Diaz.

Real Madrid's 19-man squad to face Valladolid:

Goalkeepers: Keylor Navas, Thibaut Courtois and Diego Altube.
Defenders: Dani Carvajal, Eder Militao, Sergio Ramos, Raphael Varane, Nacho, Marcelo.
Central midfielders: Toni Kroos, Casemiro, Fede Valverde, James Rodriguez, Isco.
Forwards: Karim Benzema, Gareth Bale, Lucas Vazquez, Vinicius Junior, Luka Jovic.

15666396239002.jpg

Real Madrid's starting XI vs Valladolid
Courtois;
Carvajal, Varane, Ramos, Marcelo
Isco, Casemiro, Kroos
James, Benzema, Bale.

James last started a game against Sevilla on 14th May 2017 for Real Madrid.
He's now start a game for Real Madrid after 824 days.
Come on boy it's time to shine ✨

69135003_2157774421001450_1877421103769452544_n.jpg

57’ - Vinicius comes on for James.

Superb Performance from James and the Bernabéu applauds him. 👏

Bale makes a neat run but straight to the keeper.

57'
Real Madrid 0-0 Valladolid

Back
Top Bottom