Plot to assassinate Raila Odinga?

Askari Kanzu

JF-Expert Member
Jan 7, 2011
Midiwo arrested over Raila assassination claims

Posted by CAPITAL NEWS TEAM on April 7, 2012
JAKOYO-MIDIWO.jpg

NAIROBI, Kenya, April 7- Gem MP Jakoyo Midiwo has been arrested after claims made on Saturday that a Cabinet Minister was plotting to assassinate Prime Minister, Raila Odinga.

The Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) Chief Whip was booked at Bondo Police Station where he was grilled over his allegations made during the funeral of Dr. Leliah Gondi in the same town.

Midiwo further alleged the said plot was being hatched to pave way for his opponents to sail through in the coming elections.

Cabinet Ministers James Orengo, Dalmas Otieno and ODM Secretary General, Prof. Anyang’ Nyongo asked the Government to investigate the claims at the same function adding that the matter could not be taken lightly.

Raila on his part asked his supporters not to panic over the allegations saying his time to die will come and pass.

-Story developing

Raila will not rule Kenya and will end up desperate like his father Oginga Odinga

Politicians and their political games of making it to the top of news headlines

Raila will not rule Kenya and will end up desperate like his father Oginga Odinga

i know Kenyans,they dont like to here the truth and this is the problem not only for Kenyans but for all Africans peoples,we dont want some body who will tell us the truth,we need corrupt people

at the end of the day we start blaming our self for bad choice

i like Odinga,he is always straight to every thing but Kenyans dont like that

Ajabu ni kwamba na ugomvi huu wote Kenya's economy is set to double by 2016. while Tanzania will be half of Kenya's! Shouldnt we be talking about CCM and CHADEMA?! FELLAS?

I suggest you take time and browse through this forum. Section ya CCM and CHADEMA iko kwenye jukwaa la siasa and you are more than welcome to upload your arrogance there. Dictating what peole can or cannot discuss says a lot about you than the Tanzanian economy.

THIS SHOULD BE THE MOST IMPORTANT THING! KENYA'S ECONOMY IS EXPANDING FASTER THAN OF THE 'PEACEFUL TANZANIA'

Usitishwe na statistics hali halisi ya maisha Kenya ni ngumu kuliko Tanzania, in any case by 2016 hiyo Kenya yenyewe haitakuwepo kama wanaendeleza ukabili kwa style hiyo

Huo ndo ukweli wenyewe ingawa tukawaambia wanasema tunawaonea gere. Waendekeze tu huo ukabila wao watakiona cha moto.

Life in Kenya is too hard and harsh than Tanzania!, no love in Kenya and no peace!
believe me, without peace and love,no strong economy! Just look on Russia, what happened in Bosnia, Chechnya. Russia is now a developing country.

I want to say that Raila Amolo Odinga has all the credentials to be a kenyan president, but he will be his own undoing, if he employs cheap and desperate political tactic such as baseless utterances and his associates like Midiwo will be his major downfall. I wish RAO would fix his eyes on the price.

DPP directs Police to probe Raila murder plot

Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) has directed the Police to open investigations into sensational claims by Gem MP Jakoyo Midiwo of a plot to assassinate Prime Minister Raila Odinga.

Source: http://www.nation.co.ke/News/politi...er+plot/-/1064/1383140/-/g7f371z/-/index.html

In a letter to Commissioner Mathew Iteere, DPP Keriako Tobiko directed the Police to interrogate and record statements from Mr Midiwo and Foreign Affairs Minister Sam Ongeri.

"The gravity and magnitude of the allegations by Hon Modiwo, particularly during this period when the country is preparing for the next general election, cannot be over-emphasized.

"These allegations therefore require a prompt, thorough and speedy investigation to establish their veracity or otherwise," said the letter.

"I hereby direct you to cause immediate investigations into the said allegations to be carried out and a report of the findings thereon submitted to me without delay for appropriate orders and direction.

"It is directed that Hon Midiwo and all persons he has mentioned, be summoned, interrogated and statements recorded as part of the investigations.

The Gem MP had on Saturday named Prof Ongeri and his ministry as being used to hatch the assassination plan.

Back
Top Bottom