Perez Hilton: Adele's "Hello" Performed In Swahili May Be Even Better Than The Original!

sam999

JF-Expert Member
Jul 31, 2013
Adele's Hello Performed In Swahili May Be Even Better Than The Original!

The best part about Hello being literally everywhere is that we get so many great covers! Remember how that Korean High School student went viral after performing her take on Adele's lead single??

Well, another rendition of Hello has made its way online? and this one is in a completely different language!

Dela Maranga is a singer from Nairobi, Kenya, and her Swahili version of the 25 classic may actually be better than the original.

Her voice is powerful like Adele's, but she also has this soulful tone that makes the lyrics even more painful ? in the best way possible.

mobi.perezhilton.com/2015-12-15-adele-hello-cover-swahili-dela-maranga-25-video#.Vn1L8zNw2O0

Currently ruling the airwaves with her latest offering 25 Adele's voice is not only haunting, but it's inspiring, too.

A 26-year-old Architecture student and musician from Kenya released a cover of herself singing 'Hello' in Swahili, and it's unbelievably gorgeous. The singer's name is Dela Maranga, and the lady has impressive pipes. Her cover is so full of raw emotion and depth that the fact that the lyrics are in an African dialect doesn't even create a language barrier.

Dela translated Adele's lyrics into Swahili, though she sings the word 'Hello' in English, perhaps in tribute to the original. Her translation stays true to the musicality of the record-breaking song, and many of the phrases still rhyme the way they do in Adele?s version. For instance, 'Ni mimi' (pronounced 'ne me-me') means 'It's me' - the translation is seamless!

Turns out Adele's music transcends human speech it sounds great in any language. Give Dela's version a listen.
Chanel-O USA

Iconoclastes saadeque MK254
IAfrika
Kifyatu

Just a week after uploading her cover of "Hello" to YouTube, it had more than 250,000 hits.
Credit: Marco Werman
There?s a musician getting a ton of attention right now for a song called ?Hello.? But it?s not the one you think.
Player utilities
Download File

Listen to the Story.
Dela , an Afro-soul singer who has been popular in Kenya since 2009, recently released a cover of Adele?s record-breaking song 'Hello' but her version is in Swahili. And it's amazing.
She got the idea to cover "Hello" when she was out to lunch with her manager. They were talking about how much she loved the song.

'You know how they say, 'feels' It just gives me the feels. It reaches me in a way that no other song has been able to in a really really long time,' Dela says.

Who knows, maybe it's because the singers basically share a name. Dela is short for Adeline.
Dela's manager told her she should cover it, but not like every other musician with Internet access. He said she should sing "Hello" in Swahili.

'A lightbulb just went off in my head like, pow. And I stood up and was right out the door, and I just started writing it,' Dela says.

She speaks fluent Swahili, so the translation didn't take too long. And then there's what she believes is a certain magic to the language.

'I love Swahili,' she says. 'Swahili is my first love for writing. Like it just has this poetic-ness, it just reaches the soul. It explains everything so well.'

Dela didn't expect her version of the song to do so well. The video went up last week and already has more than 250,000 views. Now she has to deal with that success.

'We're working on it and the licensing and getting all the rights, like the mechanical adaptation rights and all those things," Dela says. "We just didn't - you know, this thing has been out for what, how many days'
Dela trails off, laughing in amazement.

The nyang'au in the Kenyan - kisii merry Christmas everybody

Esp orina

Adele's Hello Performed In Swahili May Be Even Better Than The Original!
The best part about Hello being literally everywhere is that we get so many great covers!
Remember how that Korean High School student went viral after performing her take on
Adele's lead single??
Well, another rendition of Hello has made its way online? and this one is in a completely different language!
Video: Korean Adele Cover Singer Impresses Ellen DeGeneres!
Dela Maranga is a singer from Nairobi, Kenya, and her Swahili version of the 25 classic may actually be better than the original.
Her voice is powerful like Adele's, but she also has this soulful tone that makes the lyrics even more painful ? in the best way possible.
Ch-ch-check out the latest viral video inspired by the Queen herself (below)!!!
[Image via Adele/XL Recordings/ YouTube.]

mobi.perezhilton.com/2015-12-15-adele-hello-cover-swahili-dela-maranga-25-video#.Vn1L8zNw2O0

Iconoclastes saadeque MK254
IAfrika
Kifyatu

The nyang'au in the Kenyan - kisii merry Christmas everybody

Esp orina

I loved that cover by Dela. Merry Christmas na mwaka mpya wenye fanaka.

Last edited by a moderator:
I first learnt of that swahili cover version when Dela appeared on The Trend. I tell ya, it made my hair grow!

Good work there miss Maranga.

Ngoja, mwimbaji wetu Ruby naye aje afanye vitu vyake ktk cover ya Adele tuone nani zaidi Dela Maranga au Ruby wetu wa Bongo - '' Sijutii ''

Ngoja, mwimbaji wetu Ruby naye aje afanye vitu vyake ktk cover ya Adele tuone nani zaidi Dela Maranga au Ruby wetu wa Bongo - '' Sijutii ''

Sorry, but do you know what a cover is?

That said, this song sucks. It is like a lullaby. ..............nnfnkfln'''''nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Sorry, i fell asleep while listening to it.