Open Letter to Mr. President - Dr. Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete

Zogwale

JF-Expert Member
Jul 10, 2008
Halo everyone,
Below is one of the most favorite letter to my President (my opinion). Someone sent this letter to me and I found it worth sharing!!! Your wise comments are invited.

When I was young I had a dream to be the President of my nation. As I write this article here in Kenya today at Safari Park hotel there is a difference between what I used to dream and who I am today, I have become a businessman instead with international and local focus as well.
Mr. President Congratulation for being elected for the second term 2010-2015, you are very busy because you are responsible for everyone in the nation of more than 49million people. Currently since you took over the office of presidency you have very busy with a number of good project here in Tanzania as well in the world. You have started projects like Rapid Bus service, Kilimo Kwanza, Infrastructure, Kigamboni Satellite City and many other projects.

Mr President what you are doing is good but you need to jump one more stage which is basic foundation of all what you want to achieve. This is the HUMAN CAPITAL INVESTMENT! All what is being implemented will vanish soon if we don't have quality human capital, because human resource is one that makes all what you want possible. For example you can plant trees all over country but if you have poor human capital they will cut down all the trees, you can have better roads but if you have poor human capital they can destroy all road pavements, urine alongside main road, throw away dusts and unused material without taking any care and then after a while diseases will erupt and destroy.

You can invite investors to come in Tanzania and invest but they cannot employ local people and instead export labour abroad. Currently more than 95% of the C.EO's of big corporations in Tanzania are foreigners! It is very difficult for local emerging businessmen to control their own economy because a foreign C.EO can make decision in favour of their own country. At the end of the day all tenders go to foreigners and producing local millionaires will slow down due to the fact that decision makers and people who hold important data and information about the future of Tanzania are not locals.

Mr President one of the famous musician groups called Cold Play release their new song - please watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPRjCeoBqrI, why I mention this song? Because everyone is a star, all 7 billion people are stars but many of them need their leaders to validate their potential, there are some nations that invest more on their people and succeed to unleash their people's potentials and became developed nations and others don't.
According to some research Mr President the fastest growing economies during 2007-2013:
⦁ Ethiopia Grow by 108% and they have 2700 $ millionaires
⦁ Angola grow by 68% and they have 6400 $ millionaires.
⦁ Tanzania grow by 51% and we have 5600 $ millionaires
⦁ Ghana grow by 50% and they have 2400 $ millionaires
⦁ Nigeria grow by 44% and they have 15700 $ millionaires
⦁ Kenya grow by 24% and they have 8300 $ millionaires
⦁ USA They have 8.2 million millionaires

Mr President recent research predicts that Tanzania will be the second or third biggest economies in Africa after Nigeria or South Africa, with GDP of $400 billion by 2025 if important set back is going to be removed immediately. In Tanzania we don't need gold, gas, oil, game reserves, ocean, or tanzanite to develop fast. All we need is quality people, wise people and if we succeed in this area the rest will move automatically. Otherwise every time we will continue to talk that Tanzania is rich with everything yet we are poor on human capital.

Mr. President there is more money than people in this world, for example richest man in Africa is worth $20 billion and world population is 7billion. If Mr Aliko Dangote decides to give all of his money to everyone in this world everyone will receive more than $3 dollars yet people they think money is scarce, and that is one only one billionaire in this world but currently we have thousands of billionaires in the world. Expert say if Tanzania is to follow the example of successful emerging countries, it will need to improve the policy aspects in the areas of human development (Tanzania is currently ranked 152nd out of 182 countries on the HDI index); its business environment (134th out of 185 countries); and government effectiveness (135th out of 212 countries). For the last two indicators, Tanzania's ranking has deteriorated over recent years.

Tanzania's rank in the United Nations Development Program's (UNDP) Human Development Index has improved since 1995, but its progress toward the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) has been uneven. The country is expected to reach only three out of seven MDGs by 2015. Tanzania is on track to meet the MDGs related to combating HIV/AIDS and reducing infant and under-five mortality but is lagging in primary school completion, maternal health, poverty eradication, malnutrition, and environmental sustainability.

Tanzania needs competitive labour-intensive sectors to absorb the growing youthful labor force, augmenting by approximately 800,000 every year. The current small market share of new, labour-absorbing export-oriented industries, together with inadequate human capital development (skill shortage), creates a medium-term risk of high youth unemployment. Growth in employment has so far largely come from domestically-oriented industries with the exception of tourism. There is a need to promote competitiveness gains in labour-intensive sectors such as manufacturing and services.

According to a World Bank/KPMG survey in November 2013, 55% of the business managers of the top 100 mid-sized companies in Tanzania feel that the economy is performing better in 2013 than in 2012, while 26% feel it is the same, whilst 21% said that it is now worse than in 2012.
Mr President good written and spoken English is one of the competitive advantages for a number of nations in the world like in Kenya, Nigeria, and South Africa. In Tanzania there is a serious lack of good spoken and written English speaking talent which make our human capital look incompetent among investors. We as a nation need to invest more in public speaking ability among our people and it will give them more confidence.
The budget of human capital investment was very disappointing in Tanzania - only TSH 5billion in human capital, Kenya invested more than Tsh 400 billion in human capital investment for the same

Currently digital economies add more than 6% to sub-Saharan nation GDP, and nations like Nigeria benefit much on digital economies because they already have well prepared human capital to compete in the world. In Tanzania we have lots of IT graduates who have lots of ideas but yet they don't know how to formalize them and start any serious business.

Mr President it will be my distinct pleasure to one day have coffee with you at the statehouse and talk more.
Yours,

C.E.O
Excel Management and Outsourcing (T) Limited

You think big, sadly enough our handsome president won't even lay down eyes unto this article. Rich country with greedy leaders.

You are great thiker,and i advice you to deal with your dream right now, to be president of this coutry i think our country will be among of the developed countries..... My thought feels like it is too late to JK to do all those you write above due to his time which remaine in his position,but it is the best ideas for the another leader who will come to lead this country.

The author of this article gotta be a desperate black shirt opportunist.

I thumb it down.

This article is dripping with excellent ideas, but like a wise man once said; there is no shortage of them here in Africa. Voices everywhere are of the view that the country's gas wealth should be used to revamp her human capital, mainly as regards health and education. If those two are achieved then Tanzania really can become an African heavy-weight economy. I was shocked to hear that there are as many as 600,000 non-school going children in Tanzania in this 21st century that we are in!
Oh, and don't forget infrastructure. The two miracle cures that would heal this country are human resource development and infrastructure investment.

The greatest challenges we're facing here as a nation is actually lack of commitment among the people we've giving the authority to safeguard our resources and make proper utilization of the entire resources. We do have very clear and analytical policy's, a very clear and defined vision & mission statements but are we ready to produce and giving our best for the sake of the entire nation?

You are right. Our president's leadership time is coming to an end. He didn't do it in 9 years of his leadership, he cant do it in the one year remaining. Lets hope for the best from the coming presida.

You are great thiker,and i advice you to deal with your dream right now, to be president of this coutry i think our country will be among of the developed countries..... My thought feels like it is too late to JK to do all those you write above due to his time which remaine in his position,but it is the best ideas for the another leader who will come to lead this country.

Back
Top Bottom