Ona day yes

KAKA A TAIFA

JF-Expert Member
Apr 27, 2011
  • This is where we are. Where do we go from here? First, we must massively assert our dignity and worth. We must stand up amidst a system that still oppresses us and develop an unassailable and majestic sense of values.
  • As long as the mind is enslaved, the body can never be free. Psychological freedom, a firm sense of self-esteem, is the most powerful weapon against the long night of physical slavery. No party nor power can hinder civil rights and can totally bring this kind of freedom. The T ANZANIAN will only be free when they reaches down to the inner depths of their own being and signs with the pen and ink of assertive manhood their own emancipation proclamation. And, with a spirit straining toward true self-esteem, the Tanzanians must boldly throw off the manacles of self-abegnation and say to themselves and to the world, "We are somebody. I am a person. I am a man with dignity and honor. I have a rich and noble history.
  • We must stand up and say, "I'm a TANZANIAN and I'm a CITIZEN," and this self-affirmation is the TANZANIAN men's need, made compelling by the struggle.Power properly understood is nothing but the ability to achieve purpose. It is the strength required to bring about social, political and economic change. ... Now a lot of us are WHO WANTS CHANGE, and all of us have our moral convictions and concerns, and so often have problems with power. There is nothing wrong with power if power is used correctly. You see, what happened is that some of our philosophers got off base. And one of the great problems of history is that the concepts of love and power have usually been contrasted as opposites — polar opposites — so that love is identified with a resignation of power, and power with a denial of love.
    • It is perfectly clear that a violent revolution on the part of Tanzanians would find no sympathy and support from the white population and very little from the majority of A fricans themselves. This is no time for romantic illusions and empty philosophical debates about changes. This is a time for action. What is needed is a strategy for change, a tactical program that will bring the TANZANIANS into the mainstream of TANZANIAN life as quickly as possible. So far, this has only been offered by the nonviolent movement. Without recognizing this we will end up with solutions that don't solve, answers that don't answer and explanations that don't explain.
    • I say to you today that I still stand by nonviolence. And I am still convinced that it is the most potent weapon available to the ARICAN PEOPLE in their struggle for justice of this CONTINENT. And the other thing is that I am concerned about a better world. I'm concerned about justice. I'm concerned about brotherhood. I'm concerned about truth. And when one is concerned about these, he can never advocate violence. For through violence you may murder a murderer but you can't murder murder. Through violence you may murder a liar but you can't establish truth. Through violence you may murder a hater, but you can't murder hate. Darkness cannot put out darkness. Only light can do that

Attachments

• MANDELA.jpg
    MANDELA.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 27
  • NKRUMA.jpg
    NKRUMA.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 21
  • OBOMA.jpg
    OBOMA.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 33
Back
Top Bottom