Obama's Aunt Allowed to Stay after asylum hearing

Ab-Titchaz

JF-Expert Member
Jan 30, 2008
US court grants asylum to Obama's African aunt

By MEGHAN BARR, Associated Press Writer
2 mins ago

CLEVELAND – A U.S. immigration court has granted asylum to President Barack Obama's African aunt, allowing her to stay in the country, her attorneys announced Monday.

The decision was mailed Friday and comes three months after Kenya native Zeituni Onyango, the half-sister of Obama's late father, testified at a closed hearing in Boston, where she arrived in a wheelchair and two doctors testified in support of her case.

The basis for her asylum request hadn't been made public. People who seek asylum must show that they face persecution in their homeland on the basis of religion, race, nationality, political opinion or membership in a social group.

Her lawyer, Margaret Wong of Cleveland, said last year that Onyango first applied for asylum "due to violence in Kenya." The East African nation is fractured by cycles of electoral violence every five years.

In a November interview with The Associated Press, Onyango said she was disabled and was learning to walk again after being paralyzed from Guillain-Barre syndrome, an autoimmune disorder.

Onyango moved to the United States in 2000. Her first asylum request was rejected, and she was ordered deported in 2004. But she didn't leave the country and continued to live in public housing in Boston.

Onyango's status as an illegal immigrant was revealed just days before Obama was elected in November 2008. Obama said he did not know his aunt was living here illegally and believes laws covering the situation should be followed.

A judge later agreed to suspend her deportation order and reopen her asylum case.
Wong has said that Obama wasn't involved in the Boston hearing. The White House also said it was not helping Onyango with legal fees.

In his memoir, "Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance," Obama affectionately referred to Onyango as "Auntie Zeituni" and described meeting her during his 1988 trip to Kenya.

Onyango helped care for the president's half brothers and sister while living with Barack Obama Sr. in Kenya.

US court grants asylum to Obama's African aunt - Yahoo! News

wakenya nao kung'ang'ania nchi isokuwa yao...wanatia aibu kwakweli, sasa hapo obama hadi anajuta kwanini dingi yake alikuwa mkenya, mara bibi yake aende na mbwembwe za kiporopori ati anaenda na mikuki US, sijui ndugu zake wanakamatwa na bange yaani tayari wanajiona wameshakuwa watoto wa whitehouse...hawajui kama obama ni mmarekani, si mkenya, na ni rais wa marekani....kama anawajali si angewasaidia wajameni, mbona wanaganga njaa tu sasa...na huyo wanaejidai kuwa ndugu yao ni rais wa dunia? what a shame!

Her lawyer, Margaret Wong of Cleveland, said last year that Onyango first applied for asylum "due to violence in Kenya." The East African nation is fractured by cycles of electoral violence every five years.[[/QUOTE]

hawa wakenya sasa wanamharibia obama......wanaipaka mavi nchi yao ili wapate hifadhi!!!!

US court grants asylum to Obama's African aunt

Her lawyer, Margaret Wong of Cleveland, said last year that Onyango first applied for asylum "due to violence in Kenya." The East African nation is fractured by cycles of electoral violence every five years.

[/URL]
Mie kinachonifanya nisikie aibu zaidi ni hizi fujo za uchaguzi. Hivi hatuwezi kuwa na chaguzi zenye amani. Manake mtu akiukosa urais, fujo zinatokea, innocent people are killed and others become homeless! Wakipewa serikali ya mseto, wanashangilia ulaji they forget about the initila mission. Come election, fancy dreams re-emerge! Ana-wish for a bigger piece of the sweet cake, fujo, akishindwa history repeats itself. Halafu kama Maalim Seif nae keshaishtukia hii dili vile! Mama huyu sasa ataweza kubeba boksi!!!

wakenya nao kung'ang'ania nchi isokuwa yao...wanatia aibu kwakweli, sasa hapo obama hadi anajuta kwanini dingi yake alikuwa mkenya, mara bibi yake aende na mbwembwe za kiporopori ati anaenda na mikuki US, sijui ndugu zake wanakamatwa na bange yaani tayari wanajiona wameshakuwa watoto wa whitehouse...hawajui kama obama ni mmarekani, si mkenya, na ni rais wa marekani....kama anawajali si angewasaidia wajameni, mbona wanaganga njaa tu sasa...na huyo wanaejidai kuwa ndugu yao ni rais wa dunia? what a shame!

Kama sisi waKenya wenyewe hatuskii aibu, mbona wewe Mtanzania ambaye hatuna uhusiano wowote ila jumuia ya Afrika Mashariki uskie aibu kwa niaba yetu? I thought What I eat dont make you sh*t right?

And that crap you talking about him regretting on being of Kenyan descent is pure bull, you talking as if you speak with him on a personal level. Its evident that you just wanted to take shots at Kenyans and used this thread as an excuse, you are pretty lame for that if you ask me. To each his own, we cant all be ''polite'' and ''humble'' like you, matter of fact some of your polite behaviors are really irritatiting,... ati NAOMBA NIKUULIZE.. eff that you effing hypocrite.

And do you know ALL Kenyans on a personal level for you to speak and feel so insulted on their behalf?

I know Kenyans good enough to know that they would have put you in your place if you came on them with that attitude. Who died and made you Ubungos spokesman?

Kama sisi waKenya wenyewe hatuskii aibu, mbona wewe Mtanzania ambaye hatuna uhusiano wowote ila jumuia ya Afrika Mashariki uskie aibu kwa niaba yetu? I thought What I eat dont make you sh*t right?

And that crap you talking about him regretting on being of Kenyan descent is pure bull, you talking as if you speak with him on a personal level. Its evident that you just wanted to take shots at Kenyans and used this thread as an excuse, you are pretty lame for that if you ask me. To each his own, we cant all be ''polite'' and ''humble'' like you, matter of fact some of your polite behaviors are really irritatiting,... ati NAOMBA NIKUULIZE.. eff that you effing hypocrite.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha Mkenya Smatta is on!!! Tafadhali usitutusi hapa watz!!!! Hamna aibu nyie!!! Narudia tena nimekaa Kenya muda mrefu, I know you guys!!! Again your are our East Africa Nigerians!! Loool!! Tafadhali usinitukane kama ile thread ya mwizi wa Kenya alipatikana na hatia ya kukutwa na documents kadhaa za watu ikiwemo credit cards hadi za marehemu!!!!! Nilipochangia tu kwa kusema ukweli niwafahamuvyo Wakenya ulinitupia marungu!!! Bu I read them and remained civilized!

Hatimaye, Zeituni Onyango (57) mkazi wa Boston, Massachusetts na pia shangazi yake rais Obama kapewa ruhusa ya kukaa Marekani kihalali. Amepewa 'asylum' kutokana na afya yake kuwa mbaya na pia fujo za kisiasa huko Kenya. Kesi yake ilifuatiliwa kwa makini tangu Rais Obama alivyokuwa anagombania uraisi. Wazungu wenye fikra za kibaguzi walimtumia shangazi ya Obama kama mfano na kusema eti Kenya nzima itahamia Marekani kama Obama atachuguliwa kuwa rais!

Watu wengi kutoka Kenya wana asylum hapa Marekani. Wanapata asylum kutokana na kuhofia maisha yao wakirudi kwao kutokana na njaa na fujo za kisiasa.

Sasa Zeituni Onyango ataweza kuleta familia aliyoacha huko Kenya na kuja kuishi nayo Marekani.

Rais Obama amesema hakuhusika kabisa na uamuzi wa Jaji.

Hawa wazungu hawajioni bado wana ubaguzi wao tu.. Nusu yao walihama Ulaya na kuivamia marekani. Sasa kila siku utawasokia kuzungumzia kuhusu wahamiaji. Wao nani aliwapa visa you kuteremka marekani ?

hivi ni kweli Kenya kuna njaa??? au ni njia ya kupata asylum......lakini kwa nini jamani Afrika inatukanwa hovyo hovyo

I know Kenyans good enough to know that they would have put you in your place if you came on them with that attitude. Who died and made you Ubungos spokesman?

You don't need to be Reggie Love or Michelle Obama to figure out that Obama has been tacitly playing down any connections he may have with Kenya eversince he was elected President: among other things, he's known to identify himself as African-American rather than Kenyan-American.

And its fair to say the downright embarrassing conduct of Obama's half-brother, half-aunt, half-mother and even inhabitants of the country that represents his half heritage (given the notoriety generally associated with them) may be partly to blame for this state of affairs.

Back
Top Bottom