Nicki Minaj's father 'devastated' she wanted to kill him over violent temper

Babylon

JF-Expert Member
Feb 5, 2009
[h=1]Nicki Minaj's father 'devastated' she wanted to kill him over violent temper[/h] It has long been known Nicki Minaj had a very troubled relationship with her father.

However it has emerged Omar Miraj is 'devastated' over her latest outburst about him, in which she said she wanted to kill him.
He could not believe his ears when the 29-year-old appeared on ABC's Nightline show and described him as a drug addict and alcoholic who often threatened to kill her mother Nina, and once even burned down their house.

article-2130243-129ADA51000005DC-989_468x745.jpg
Speaking out: Nicki Minaj's father was unhappy after she said she wanted to kill him on ABC's Nightline

The hip hop star said: 'I wanted to kill [my dad]. I used to wish he was dead.
'We were afraid for my mother's life because whenever he would have a real bad outburst he would threaten to kill her.'
However sources close to the family say her comments were highly exaggerated, that while Omar had anger issues, it wasn't as bad as she said.
He said he never knew she felt this was and loves her very much.
Omar, is said to be is torn up over the fact that she took her issues with him public.
article-2130243-129CF6A4000005DC-877_468x389.jpg
Unhappy family: A young Nicki with her parents Omar and Nina

Her claims about her father were just some of a series of revelations she made on the show.
Another was when the rapper, who is known for her over-the-top fashion sense, claimed she is 'a shy person.'
She said she does not like crowds, and that her new-found fame has made her more of a 'recluse.'

She added: 'Sometimes I want to just pull the off switch, but you can't because if you go outside, you have to give people your all.

article-2130243-129AC3C9000005DC-818_468x787.jpg
Strutting her stuff: She seemed to be having a good time on the set of an upcoming shoe commercial

'You can't say, "Oh, you know what? I'm not feeling good today."
'No. No one's trying to hear that. When a woman comes up to you and says, "Hey, my daughter's your biggest fan. Can we have a picture?" You can't say no.'
She also said her humble beginnings as the child of immigrants from Trinidad has given her extra drive.
She said: 'It comes on me thinking that there was a possibility that I would be poor for my whole life.
'And I didn't - and I refused. I refused to lose.'

article-2130243-129AC250000005DC-211_468x731.jpg
Two ridiculous outfits are better than one: She seemed to enjoy standing with the eccentrically dressed extra

Back
Top Bottom