Nelly Furtado Returns Gaddafi Money

Kingdom_man

JF-Expert Member
May 19, 2010
nellyfurtado8500.jpg

Following the major protests that have taken place in Libya against embattled leader Muammar Gaddafi, scrutiny has fallen upon several major pop stars who have performed for the dictator and his family for large sums of money. Gaddafi has been accused of committing atrocities against protesters during the conflict--including the bombing of civilian targets. At least one star has stated that she will donate the money she earned from her performances to charity.

Nelly Furtado is the only star to address the issue. "In 2007, I received 1million$ from the (Gaddafi) clan to perform a 45 min," Furtado tweeted. "Show for guests at a hotel in Italy. I am going to donate the $."

Mariah Carey performed for a New Year's Bash in 2009, and Beyonce and Usher reportedly performed at this past New Year's Eve party for Gaddafi's son Muatassim on the Caribbean island of St. Barts.

thats the most civilized thing for a person to do but putting myself in that situation lol!!i wonder if i would return that money!!!!what i heart!!!!!!!

If they are sending those cash to charity, its okay
but why did they ask for too much money like that??
now they have realised that they did a mistake,dishonest..right?
Anyway it is their fault coz that was some sort of an accord.