NDOA: KATIKA SHIDA NA RAHA HADI KIFO

comte

JF-Expert Member
Dec 11, 2011
'I ain't nothing without my wife': 98-year-old man walks 6 miles each way to visit paralyzed wife in the hospital

Hope Schreiber,Yahoo Lifestyle 9 hours ago

Luther Younger walks six miles, each way, to visit his wife in the hospital.

Luther Younger, a 98-year-old Korean War veteran, walks about six miles each way, rain or shine, to visit his paralyzed wife in the hospital, according to Spectrum News Rochester.

Luther and his wife, Waverlee, have been married for over 50 years. “I ain’t nothing without my wife,” Younger told Spectrum News. “It’s been a rough pull. It’s been tough.”

“They both live with me,” the couple’s daughter, Lutheta Younger, tells Yahoo Lifestyle. “I moved them out of their house, moved them in with me.” Along with her sister Joyce Johnson, the two have been taking care of Waverlee and Luther, in the same way her mother always took care of her and her siblings, Lutheta says.

According to Lutheta, her father has been walking to and from the hospital for a long time. “He doesn’t have to, but he wants to. I can drive him. He just doesn’t want to wait; he’s impatient.”

It is good lesson for today's marriages in which everyone knows that is better than the other and last for fewer days before their death. Here youths they have to learn patient, tolerant and Commitments are essentials of a good and blessed marriage.May God bless them,Luther and his wife, Waverlee.

Back
Top Bottom