NBA 2016/2017 Season Special Thread

f6aa15120ad9528dfed408e54589eb4b.jpg

Spurs are exploring Possibility of Signing Free Agent CP3...

Ha ha ha, ikitokea GSWs wakapigwa na CAVs watamchukua jamaa.

My take on the finals: Golden States wins if they shoot a crazy amount of 3s and make them at a higher percentage than the Cavs, They also need to pray that Klay gets out of the funk he's been on during the playoffs, if he doesn't, they'll lose. Cavs will win if Kevin Love plays like he did vs Celtics, LeBron plays like LeBron and the untucked jersey version of Kyrie Irving shows up.

Stephen Curry Says Warriors 'Want to Do Something About' Cavaliers Having Fun

Ahead of the third consecutive NBA Finals meeting between the Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers, Dubs guard Stephen Curry expressed his desire to rain on the Cavs' parade.

According to Kyle Boone of CBS Sports, the two-time NBA MVP told reporters Saturday that he and the Warriors are aiming to spoil Cleveland's good time: "For the most part, you know what LeBron [James] does, you know what Kyrie [Irving] does. You know kind of their style and familiar with that. Other than that, I think when you look at the whole squad, they have a good kind of chemistry and vibe. It looks like they're having fun, and we want to do something about that."

The Warriors are also out for revenge after blowing a 3-1 lead in last year's Finals to lose to the Cavs and hand them their first championship in franchise history.

Golden State won the title the previous year, which makes the 2017 NBA Finals a rubber match between the unquestioned top two teams in basketball.

While LeBron and Co. figured out a way to defeat the seemingly unstoppable Warriors last season, after eliminating the Boston Celtics from the playoffs Thursday with a victory in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Finals, James revealed the thought of facing Golden State again is stressful, per ESPN.com's Brian Windhorst.

"I'm going to be honest, I'm not in the right mind to even talk about Golden State," he said. "It's too stressful, and I'm not stressed right now. I'm very happy about our accomplishment. Golden State, they've been the best team in our league for the last three years, and then they added an MVP. That's all I can give you right now, because I'm happy and I don't want to be stressed."

For as good as Golden State was last year, when it won a record 73 regular-season games, the team is arguably even better because of the addition of Kevin Durant, as James alluded to.

The Warriors enter the Finals a perfect 12-0 in the playoffs—the first team in history to do so—while the Cavaliers aren't far behind with a record of 12-1.

Despite the fact that Cleveland is the defending champion, the Dubs are a 21-50 favorite to win the title, while the Cavs are 2-1 underdogs, according to OddsShark.

Kevin Love Thinks Cavaliers' Underdog Label in NBA Finals Is Funny
Joseph Zucker Featured ColumnistMay 27, 2017

Cleveland Cavaliers power forward Kevin Love took umbrage with those who see the reigning champions as underdogs to the Golden State Warriors in the 2017 NBA Finals.

"The whole underdog thing is funny to me, because, yeah, at the end of the day we are defending our title," Love said, per ESPN.com's Dave McMenamin. "We're trying to repeat, which is so hard to do. I think we will use it as fuel, we will use it as motivation, but the idea of playing into it? It's tough for me to say that is the case. I don't feel like we're underdogs. We match up well with them, and I think they'd say the same about us."

While Cleveland toppled Golden State in seven games in last year's Finals, the fact the Cavs are 2-1 underdogs, per OddsShark, makes sense.

The Warriors signed Kevin Durant in the offseason, and they've shown few vulnerabilities in the postseason, sweeping their first three series. According to NBA.com, Golden State's 16.8 net rating is the highest among the 16 playoff teams.

Granted, the Cavs have been similarly dominant, boasting a 16.1 net rating. Many were dismissive of the idea Cleveland had been planning to flip the proverbial switch in time for the playoffs, yet that's exactly what has happened.

LeBron James is averaging 32.5 points, 8.0 rebounds and 7.0 assists a game, Love is playing some of his best basketball since arriving in Cleveland and Kyrie Irving is fresh off a conference finals in which he put up 25.8 points a night against the Boston Celtics.

Still, the Warriors boast four All-Stars, one of whom is the among the best scorers of his generation. Even if Klay Thompson, Stephen Curry and Draymond Green all have poor nights, Durant could almost single-handedly swing a game in Golden State's favor.

Calling for a Finals sweep is disrespectful of the Cavaliers' accomplishments this year and last, but it's hard to argue they aren't underdogs as they look to defend their NBA title.

BAK's prediction CAVS in 6 or 7. What is your prediction? JF's Basket Ball fans.

BAK's prediction CAVS in 6 or 7. What is your prediction? JF's Basket Ball fans.
Ngoma ngumu hii...ngoja tuona games mbili za mwanzo...if Cavs steal a game, then we will have an epic battle...and may be this time Cavs will blow a 3-1 lead! Or Cavs in 5! It would be good if Cavs take in 5, at GSW's home court!

Ila I don't see this going to game 7 again...both teams are healthy and lethal..

1. I like Cavs in 6 as well, i feel like GSW haven't really been tested other than the first 3 quarters vs Spurs (which they might have lost had Zaza not placed his foot under Kawhi), Blazers, Utah, Spurs (without Kawhi and Tony Parker) didn't really face anything compared to what we all know Kyrie is gonna do to Curry, LBJ always has KD's numbers. Key for the Cavs is defending Curry, his 3 points always seem to come in bunches. KD will get his points.

Ok Mkuu let's wait and see. My prediction is based on both teams be 100% healthy. There is 60% possibility for CAVS to steal game one.

Ngoma ngumu hii...ngoja tuona games mbili za mwanzo...if Cavs steal a game, then we will have an epic battle...and may be this time Cavs will blow a 3-1 lead! Or Cavs in 5! It would be good if Cavs take in 5, at GSW's home court!

Ila I don't see this going to game 7 again...both teams are healthy and lethal..