Nana Akufo-Addo atangazwa mshindi wa kiti cha Urais nchini Ghana

beth

JF-Expert Member
Aug 19, 2012
Rais wa Ghana, Nana Akufo-Addo amechaguliwa kuongoza nchi hiyo kwa muhula mwingine. Amepata 51.6% ya kura zote huku mpinzani wake, John Mahama akipata 47.4%

Mahama ambaye alikuwa Rais kuanzia 2012-2017 bado hajatoa kauli yoyote kuhusu kukubali matokeo. Uchaguzi huu ulikuwa wa tatu kwake na Rais Addo kugombea pamoja

Hivi sasa, Rais Addo anakabiliwa na changamoto ya kupambana na tatizo kubwa la ajira pamoja na kuinua uchumi ambao umeathirika vibaya kutokana na janga la COVID19

=====

Ghana's President Nana Akufo-Addo has been re-elected after a tightly contested election on Monday.

Mr Akufo-Addo obtained 51.6% of the vote, compared with 47.4% won by his main rival, ex-President John Mahama, official results showed.

Mr Mahama has not yet conceded defeat. It was the third time the two politicians had faced each other in a presidential election.

Ghana has a reputation for being one of the most stable democracies in Africa.

Results in the parliamentary elections have yet to be announced, but are expected to be very close as well.

There are wild celebrations across the country after official results showed Mr Akufo-Addo had won a second term, reports the BBC's Thomas Naadi from the capital, Accra.

The president now faces the challenge of tackling high levels of unemployment and boosting the economy, which has been badly hit by the coronavirus pandemic, our reporter adds.

Earlier police said there had been 21 cases of election-related violence since Monday, leaving five people dead.

This is Ghana's eighth presidential election since its constitution was redrawn in 1992.

Mr Mahama was president for four years until 2017, when he was succeeded by President Akufo-Addo. Both contests were determined by small margins.

Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the country's usual political rallies were postponed during the race. Instead, President Akufo-Addo's centre-right New Patriotic Party and Mr Mahama's centre-left National Democratic Congress battled on social media, radio and television for much of the election season.

However, in the last days of campaigning, caution was thrown to the wind as politicians met crowds of voters. There is now concern that there could be a surge in coronavirus infections.

Ghana has reported more than 50,000 Covid-19 infections, with at least 300 people succumbing to the virus.

As i read,Ghana has a reputation for being one of the stable democracy in africa,then i collided with this,police stated 21 cases of political violence which left 5 death, and i concluded that what is african is in africa.

Whatever has happened but the fact remains that Ghana is one of the few African countries with a real test for democracy.

We've witnessed in Ghana twice the ruling party clearly subdued by the opposition party in the preceding elections and the former peacefully handing over power devoid of any problem.

In sharp contrast, the just ended Tanzanian mock election witnessed the ruling party ccm in collusion with the partisan electoral commission and the security apparatus violently raiding the multitude of polling stations to help rig the polls in favour of the ruling ccm party.

In the massively rigged Tanzanian 'election' that left scores of people wounded and several others dead, the incumbent president Mr. John Magufuli was declared the winner the results that the main opposition Chadema party refused to recognize.

Judging by what happened to the Tanzanian 'election', I can sum it up that the Ghanaian election is far much better in terms of freedom, fairness and even credibility and I think they're ahead of Tanzania by 50 years.

Back
Top Bottom