Nahodha non-committal on intention to vie for Isles presidency

MwanaFalsafa1

JF-Expert Member
Feb 26, 2008
Mwinyi Sadallah
Zanzibar Chief Minister Shamsi Vuai Nahodha has said people who would like to know his position on his vying for the Isles presidency should wait until next January.

The chief minister made the remarks here yesterday when talking to reporters about rumours doing the rounds here that he was planning to vie for the Isles presidency after President Amani Abeid Karume completes his second and final phase next year.

“I have never publicly declared my intention to contest for the post because it is too early to do so,” he said, adding:

“For those who would like to know my stand on the matter, I advise them to wait until next January when the right time comes,” he said.

He emphasised that it was very premature for him to announce his intention to vie for the post because leaders were busy working to bring development to the people in fulfilment of the party’s election manifesto.

“One needs to gauge the political and psychological barometer before taking the plunge to go public about running for president,” said Nahodha.

“You cannot make such a serious decision by yourself. This issue needs deep introspection and wide consultation.

That is why I am bidding my time. When time is ripe I will tell the wananchi, but currently I am yet to be convinced that I should run,” he said.

However, he admitted hearing through the media reports about people saying he intended to run for the presideny, but hastened to add that he had never said such a thing himself.

About 12 CCM members have been in the mention to vie for the post including young and upcoming politicians.

Already confidential strategic meetings are being held aimed by canvassers of various potential runners.

He applauded President Karume for choosing him as his chief minister, saying it had never crossed his mind that he would ever hold such a post in his lifetime.

“The position of president is all about people's development; but, unfortunately, there are people who think that any one can be a president,” he said.

Nahodha's remarks come in the wake of opposing views on the matter between him and Minister of State in the Vice-President’s Officer (Union Matters) Muhammed Seif Khatib.

Khatibu was recently angered by Nahodha's decision to brief the media on the decisions reached at a meeting to discuss Union matters, saying that was his responsibility.

“I was also amazed by Khatibu’s anger after I addressed the media on the resolutions adopted,” said Nahodha.

President Karume is expected to step down next year according to Zanzibar’s constitution which allows a president to rule for only two terms of five years each.

He assumed office in 2000 after he won in a general election on the Chama Cha Mapinduzi ticket.

Since then only one person, his young brother, Ambassador Ali Abeid Karume, has gone public to declare his intention to vie for the Isles presidency.

THE GUARDIAN

We all know what that means, yeye, Ali (the real Karume son..lol) na Dr. Bilal must do battle.

Hebu jamani tupeni Historia ya huyu NAHODA alipozaliwa na kukulia skuli alizokwenda umri wake na mtaa gani alikuwa anaishi kama kaishi mjini?kina karume na wengine waliotangulia tulikuwa tunawajuwa kwani walimosoma kama ni maskuli au vyuoni sasa huyu NAHODA chuo cha malim gani alisoma ?kama mnavyojuwa hapa ZANZIBAR tunajuwana.

Hebu jamani tupeni Historia ya huyu NAHODA alipozaliwa na kukulia skuli alizokwenda umri wake na mtaa gani alikuwa anaishi kama kaishi mjini?kina karume na wengine waliotangulia tulikuwa tunawajuwa kwani walimosoma kama ni maskuli au vyuoni sasa huyu NAHODA chuo cha malim gani alisoma ?kama mnavyojuwa hapa ZANZIBAR tunajuwana.
Kama humjuwi inaonyesha wazi kuwa nawe si Mzanzibari. Ni kheri unyamaze , uangalie tu mambo hayo yanakoelekea.

Sikutarajia kuwa Nahodha angesema kuwa anagombea, kufanya hivyo ingekuwa ni sawa na kujimaliza kisiasa. Ametumia busara swali hili.

Sikutarajia kuwa Nahodha angesema kuwa anagombea, kufanya hivyo ingekuwa ni sawa na kujimaliza kisiasa. Ametumia busara swali hili.
Kwa hiyo una maana kuwa anajiandaa kutangaza kugombea uprez mapema mwakani?

Pakacha,
skuizi unakimbia hapa JF kwanini mkuu?
Au biz for 2010?
Then watambue kuwa hatutaki uimla zanzibar, naona wanaanza kusogezana karibu karibu.
Nawaona wa Thabiti Kombo, Hassan Nassoro Moyo, Brg.Yussuf Himid, Karume Mkubwa.
Au ndo Mapinduzi daima?

Hapo nilipo pigia mstari naomba ufafanue. Kwani Abeid siyo mtoto wa kweli wa
Karume?
Mwenyewe Karume babamtu alikuwa akisema, namnukuu " Huyu Ali ndo barabara hasa, huyu ndo mwanangu hasa, huyu Amani huyu legelege tu, mtoto wa mwanamke tu" mwisho wa kunukuu.

Kibs hebu tupe maoni yako nani anafaa wewe wa kisonge!
Kisonge wana mengi, lakini hapana shaka watakuwa upande wa jamaa wa Kaskazini...

Lakini Junius nae kaja na yake mapya hebu chungulia bandiko lake...

Pakacha,
skuizi unakimbia hapa JF kwanini mkuu?
Au biz for 2010?
Then watambue kuwa hatutaki uimla zanzibar, naona wanaanza kusogezana karibu karibu.
Nawaona wa Thabiti Kombo, Hassan Nassoro Moyo, Brg.Yussuf Himid, Karume Mkubwa.
Au ndo Mapinduzi daima?
Tupo pamoja. Lakini zama za kusogezana naona kama zimekwisha. Sasa CCM (Bara)na watani zao wa CUF lazima watuletee wagombea ambao kweli watakidhi matakwa ya Wazanzibari. Kinyume cha hivyo watakuja acha mdomo wazi. Jamaa zangu kule...., na maswahib zetu wa Chanjamjawiri wote wameshataalamka sasa na wanakataa kuburuzwa.

Mwenyewe Karume babamtu alikuwa akisema, namnukuu " Huyu Ali ndo barabara hasa, huyu ndo mwanangu hasa, huyu Amani huyu legelege tu, mtoto wa mwanamke tu" mwisho wa kunukuu.
Asante kwa maelezo yako mkuu.

Back
Top Bottom