Nahodha Denies offending Rwandan govt...

nngu007

JF-Expert Member
Aug 2, 2010
[h=2][/h]

By Florian Kaijage

7th August 2011

The Minister for Home Affairs, Shamsi Vuai Nahodha, has strongly denied uttering words attributed to him if Tanzanians enter Rwanda illegally, they would be beheaded by Rwandans.

The minsiter’s denial comes amid reactions by the Rwandan government, which described the comments as dangerous and unfriendly to countries that are members of East African Community(EAC).

Irked by the alleged remarks, the Rwandan government through their Embassy in Dar es Salaam, sought clarfication about the minister’s comments made last month while on an official tour of Ngara District.

Rwanda government was also reported to be angered by another statement made by Member of Parliament for Muleba North constituency Charles Mwijage when debating one of the budget estimates in the ongoing parliamentary session.

Mwijage claimed that Rwanda’s President Paul Kagame, overseeing impelementation zero grazing policy in his country, has been expelling the country’s livestock keepers complelling them to cross into Tanzania.

A senior government official from Kigali who declined to be named on the grounds that he is not an authorised person to speak about diplomatic issues termed the remarks as barbaric and anti-good neighbourhood.

“If Rwandans have committed crimes in Tanzania, they should be arrested and prosecuted according to the Tanzanian laws...but by uttering ridiculous statements about Rwanda and its Head of State is very shocking,” the Rwandan official told The Guardian on Sunday over the phone. The official added: “We have never received any official request from Tanzanian authorities asking us to extradite any Rwandan who has committed crime there...we are ready to cooperate in curbing crime within the region.”

But in an interview with The Guardian on Sunday the minister for Home Affairs denied uttering any such statements, saying he might have been quoted out of context by the media.

However, Nahodha repeated his earlier stance that Tanzania will not shelter illegal immigrants or criminals from neighbouring countries.

Nahodha’s visit to the Kagera region was necessitated by the reported killings of six people at Murubanga village within Murusagamba ward last May alleged to have been engineered by livestock keepers from Rwanda.

Home Affair minister confirmed to The Guardian on Sunday exclusively this week here that the complaints had reached him.

“It is true, I have heard this the Rwandan Ambassador came to me to express his country’s concern, and mainly he sought clarification on the happenings and the statement I made thereafter...I concisely repeated what I said in Ngara,” noted Nahodha.

He added: “I clearly told the ambassador that law and order should be adhered to by every body and that no body can act contrary to law and then be spared we agreed that even Rwanda can not tolerate such people be they individuals or groups.

“Finally we reached a consensus that it was important to educate people operating at bourder areas on how to conduct their business in accordance with the existing laws.

Nahodha said his meeting with the Rwanda ambassador took place a fortnight ago on his return from the visit to Kagera Region.

When contacted, MP Mwijage said he could not comment on the matter since the person responsible to speak on such matters is the minister of Home Affairs or Speaker of the National Assembly.

[h=2]What he said
Minister Nahodhan maintained that he would always stand by the statement he made while in Kagera and that there was no way he could alter it because he knew it was and would remain to reflect the requirements of the law.
[/h]

“On realizing that residence permits were being issued illegally and based on the fact that those involved in the killings had entered the country illegally I ordered for an immediate arrest of all illegal immigrants in possession of illegally-issued permits, and all those at the center of issuance of those permits,” expressed the minister.

“According to the law local authorities have no powers to issue permits to immigrants but a funny thing is that in Ngara there are local authority officers who do issue permits.

“These are also to be arrested and face the law, even if the immigration officers were involved...they are to face the same treatment,” insisted the minister.

Nahodha, a former Zanzibar Chief Minister said his responsibility is ensuring Tanzanians are always and that there is no way the government could tolerate immigrants committing crimes and then take refuge in their countries, and again enter Tanzania.

“As the minister with powers to give such orders I am not worried of anybody so long as I act in accordance to laws; when a single Tanzanian is killed I must be shocked.

And when it happens that the muder is committed by a foreigner then my shock is even greater, now imagine six Tanzanians being killed by foreigners.
He said no one can stop him from implementing the law otherwise he went contrary to existed laws.

Explaining further over the killing incident in May the legislator for Ngara, Deogratias Ntukamazina said six out of eight farmers who had travelled to attend their farms, located near to the immigrant livestock keepers, they were attacked at night and the two (farmers) escaped unhurt and narrated what transpired on the very day.”

Ntukamazina who accompanied the minister on the visit, said according to the narration by the two survivors the killers used traditional weapons including spears and machetes to kill Tanzanian farmers.

SOURCE: GUARDIAN ON SUNDAY

Nice job Hon minister,its a shame for foreigners to kill our brotherz and sisterz inside our country!

If the statement was really made as said, then something ought to be done to our 'diplomats'.

Hivi, huyu Nahodha alishawahi kwenda Nyamongo kuchunguza mauaji ya raia wetu 9 yaliyofanywa kinyama na polisi wake?

Hawa wanyarwanda wanatakiwa kupata kibano kwa takriban wiki mbili hivi,kama putin alipotembeza kibano Georgia.

Hawa wanyarwanda wanatakiwa kupata kibano kwa takriban wiki mbili hivi,kama putin alipotembeza kibano Georgia.
Kobello acha ndoto hawa Rwanda wako fiti kijeshi waulize Museveni na Kabila,jeshi letu hili lenye mabomu yaliyo-expire na wapiganaji kuibiwa stahili zao hawako kabisa tayari kivita.

Kobello acha ndoto hawa Rwanda wako fiti kijeshi waulize Museveni na Kabila,jeshi letu hili lenye mabomu yaliyo-expire na wapiganaji kuibiwa stahili zao hawako kabisa tayari kivita.

Wanahitaji kichapo na watakipata, hivi vijimikoa-nchi vinasumbua sana ndio maana Mwalimu alivikataa!

Sasa inasaidia nini? Whether anakubali au anakataa? Kama wamechukia wafunge mpaka, mambo mengine yanakuwa ya kitoto sasa.

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom